• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gear weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I had this idea yesterday and I'm thinking of implementing it in Oakwood.
The idea is to add a certain weight to armor (and maybe weapons).
Classes will have a certain max weight value that gives them the opportunity to wear certain gear. This will even give wizard classes the choice to wear heavy plated gear but at a high cost.

Example:
Sage has 100 (example) weight points.
Cloth chestpiece costs 12 weight points while a plated chestpiece costs 40 weight points. The sage can chose to equip plate here but that will eventually result in the fact that she only has 60 weight points left for other gear.
A Rune Warrior has (example) 400 weight points and will be able to freely equip heavy items because he can carry alot of weight anyway.

Certain classes could get extra weight points through talents so a class could eventually equip 90% light armor and maybe 10% medium armor. Like this mixes will excist and hybrids will have more opportunities.

Still an idea, not sure it's useful but it might be implemented.

Level 19
Will the maximal carried weight be affected by atributes(mainly strength)?

It seems like a fine idea, if you overcome the weight you can maximally carry, decrease the movements speed of the unit?

Thought of those things but decided not to do that.
Every class has a certain maximum weight it can carry. That maximum weight can increase by talents but can't be increased with strength per example.
I wasn't sure about the movementspeed yet, but think I won't add it because every class has a different movementspeed already. This will result in cloth geared casters to be the fastest while most rogueish classes should be the fastest.

Here's a table of item weight costs:
Head, Shoulder, Chest, Legg armor: Light = 8, Medium = 16, Heavy = 32.
Hands, Wrists, Feet: Light = 5, Medium = 10, Heavy = 20.
Special stuff: Quiver (ranger) = 5, Handpistol (redeemer) = 5.
Weapons have other weights varying from a dagger (8) to a shield (40).
But remember that weapons will have class restrictions. Don't want Archmages with shields or Rangers with big 2-handed axes.

Level 19
So you basicaly will check 2 integers and if the comparison is ok then equip the item, if not it means you got too much weight already and you can't equip it?

Anyway sounds simple but effective, the best combination.

Well you also check the level requirement ofc but that's basically it yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.