1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tested the gameplay

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Today RaiN., a roomm8 of RaiN and I just played the map a bit for fun and didn't really found a single bug! W00t!!!
    RaiN. took the role as a Rune Warrior tank, his friend became a Sage damage dealer and I became a healing Rune Warrior (because the Chanter isn't done yet:()
    We played it for like 45min and enjoyed our own map alot!:D
    Ofc.. we used alot of our own test cheats to blink around the entire map and get instant gear. But apart from that, the gameplay was kind of fine.. We did a bossfight together (with the right gear so we werent overpowered) and after that we did some AoE grinding and even tried to kill the big Bloodbane boss while that didn't work out that well.

Just wanted to inform that this really inspired me alot to work 24/7 on this project while I've got my holiday now.

W00t!

Oh and we're soon posting a small youtube video of a part of our replay from today.

2. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay! I'm glad you've been motivated even more!

3. purja

purja

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great to know some project hosts stay dedicated and still have motivation to work!

You know there still is quite a big amount of rpg lovers enjoying the great orpg maps such as tkok, gaia and TBR. I am pretty sure and totally hope that Oakwood will accomplish same kind of success and bring something new. :)

4. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know TKoK a littlebit and RaiN. knows it very good (He's basically a coder of TKoK as well, but just doesn't have to do anything for the project anymore because its kinda finished). I personally think we can make this ORPG flawless and 'beat up TKoK'. RaiN. is a very big TKoK fan so I'm not sure if he's convinced about this. But I really believe we can do this.
    I don't really like TBR at all, I think it's a bad ORPG so nuff said about that. Gaia hmm.. could be better aswell..

So I got some respect for TKoK but I really think this ORPG can become better!:)

5. purja

purja

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that is good to hear that you really believe in the project. :)

I've been following the developement progress of Oakwood Forest and I hope and believe that this really could be the next big thing.

So im looking forward and keeping my thumbs up for you. (y)

6. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why does it look like you're talkin to yourself ? Did someone delete his post or am I not seeing someones post ?

7. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahaha...
    Purja said 2 things.. but he got banned apperantly.
    He was talking about TKoK and Gaia ORPG and stuff.
    That Oakwood could become a nice addition to the wc3 orpg's.

8. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    well the good news is the beta7 which completes the 3.0.4 patch fully, is now released.

Muarki is now available making 3.0.4 contain 5 new bosses in the massive AOT

9. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Suppose you're from one of the orpg's I mentioned?

10. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Team Leader / Main coder of TKoK (Crimson Creations)

11. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahh I see!
    Well cool map you've got! It has some really cool bossfights as far as I've seen on youtube. Not that I actually played one myself.:p

I think TKoK is the only good orpg that's online atm. But soon when Oakwood is ready, I'm sure there will be atleast 2 good online orpg's.;-)