• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, so the base is almost done... Soon. I think, basicly I wanna see if it's allowed. Ob.s. It's not done, so don't comment in any way.

Attachments

• WiP Contest 13.png
    WiP Contest 13.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
Level 5
well, i have one idea, but i need answers to some questions.

my idea is create a floating mountain, with a city on it

so, on the surface of the mountain i will make a castle, walls, towers, mixing with the rocks of the mountain. INSIDE the mountain, i'm planning to create a city. in other words, the terrain will be divided in the mountain floating in the skies ,and the underground city .

my question is, the whole terrain will be judged or just the mountain and the castle? we are suposed to create just a concept or we can explore the concept and create something "solid"?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
my question is, the whole terrain will be judged or just the mountain and the castle? we are suposed to create just a concept or we can explore the concept and create something "solid"?
You can only submit one entry, so if you can fit all that into one screenshot then be my guest.
- Of course you could always complete the concept, choose one entry to submit and upload the others separately.
Okay, so the base is almost done... Soon. I think, basicly I wanna see if it's allowed.
Nothing in there violating the rules as far as I can tell - Proceed unmolested :p

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
9 out of 10 times the terraining contest is for terrain art, implying that your final submission will be in form of a screenshot.
See for instance Top 10/Legendary Terrains, List of Terrain Galleries and the Terrain Board in general.
so the final submission is the whole map or just a screenshot? o_O
Screenshot. I believe I've been more than clear about this >.>
- Or perhaps I've been excessively clear, so much that my intentions backfired on me.

*Enter perplexity*.
and in case of being both of them, which one will be judge?
The challenge is to portray a piece of art, not an entire map. If you don't quite grasp the concept then just check out some earlier terraining contests.

Last edited:
Level 48
Alright, thanks

edit: i dont think i enter, i saw some others work.. and i cant compare mine..

Just because you don't think you're as good as someone else doesn't mean you should give up altogether.
That is, after all, what contests are for - They are for practice, and fun. When you are competing against other people, you tend to put the best of you to it; That's a fact. At least... I THINK it is... >__>

Level 16
Just because you don't think you're as good as someone else doesn't mean you should give up altogether.
That is, after all, what contests are for - They are for practice, and fun. When you are competing against other people, you tend to put the best of you to it; That's a fact. At least... I THINK it is... >__>

Heh year, you are right :grin: i guess i try if i got time :D

Level 9
Is it me or is that thing too small,besides,how is that a "Feats of extraordinary engineering or aesthetic skill; participants are to design a fictional structure that is quite literally wondrous to behold"?

Level 16
I think his quoting you,not confessing...besides,you really need to improve your english

Speeeeaking of English, I don't want to be a dick or anything, but you need to put a space after a comma, otherwise, it makes it hard to read

@Risk.frishers, I like the sun and the sky effects. It does look kindof small though, and not a lot of variation. Also, the hill containing a giant ass tree spam needs to go. I'd suggest more of a desert-y feel (seeing as the blocks are from Sandbox in halo 3 :ogre_datass:). But those are justs my suggestions.

Level 17
How about staying ON-TOPIC? >_>
Ok, it's almost done! This will hopefully be the last WiP I post.
Risk, that looks too simple.
Work on it more! Add more stuff to it!
Make the environment more pretty.

Level 5
Well, here it is, I think this one was a even bigger fail, but since it's 1 day left till I move to Hong Kong I'll take a small break and play HoN. I'll probably start terraining again whilst in Hong Kong.

Observate that this is a WiP.

Attachments

• Possible WiP Contest 13.png
    Possible WiP Contest 13.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.