• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain Models - Your Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to start to attempt to model, I'm purchasing Milkshape and I hope to be of some use. I figured that doodads and scenery would be an easy job to do. Now, I want your input on what models that you would find useful. I have a list that I came up with, although it's very small.

My List

• 3D Waves
  • Ripples
  • Water Splashes
  • Rapids
  • Clouds
  • More rock variety
  • Modern Doodads (Computers, furniture, etc.)
  • Ropes/Chains
  • Falling Leaves
  • New Volcano
  • Fish
  • City Balcony, New Realistic fountains, statues
  • Waterfall effects (splashes of rocks, foam at the bottom etc.)
  • Birds/Dragon Nest
Post Away!

Last edited:
Level 9
Waves are gonna me hard ones to make multi-usable, for water body of any shape and flow direction....

Some models I'd find enjoyable:

- Leaves falling, all different kinds.
- Various ropes, tight ones, hanging ones, and blocks for them, so you can constuct complex structures with basic models.
- Light sources, of different colours and intensity.

Level 13
lol there are vary few falling leaves but i got some you need 2 learn how 2 make structures then id request but all i can think of right now are light sources like lex said and more cloud types.

Level 13
there a pink flower peddle and also do what belgarath said we only have a like lab top a closet and swirly chair for present/future doodads.

Level 34
We had a thread that LiOneSS started for wanted models. Might want to search for that.

Level 7
IMO - a bunch of simple futuristic doodads or modern ones - things that you have on tables, like, different setups of computers, or parts of them, heaters, rubbish bins, variations of desks, lamps, beds, couches, etc. Great for just, simplistic things.

I agree. There's not enough of these in good quality...

Level 36
Considering how many people that have done this very thing, basically saying that they will make terrain doodads for us and shit... Well, nothing personal, but I am having a hard time believing it will ever happen, I hope to be proven wrong, however.

Level 14
Considering how many people that have done this very thing, basically saying that they will make terrain doodads for us and shit... Well, nothing personal, but I am having a hard time believing it will ever happen, I hope to be proven wrong, however.

Yah

also I'm suggesting for more sea city doodads

Level 9
It would be very cool if there were more doodads to make complex buildings with domes, columns and stuff like that, cause sometime ago i tried to build a roman city and i couldn't find enogh doodads that fit in this theme (e.g. Marmoreal walls or a dome)
The best doodad i can imagine and which is really missing is a quarter of a dome (not only city-like but also for sunken ruins or black citadell) and a Column with different variations.

We need some bones and corpses models! D:

Dead boar body = for meat (items)

Thunder Lizard Squeleton = For decoration mostly.

Dead grunt, dead nightelf archer, dead footman. = Decoration

this seems abit gore, but! so many times i wanted to add a corpse on the group in front of a dongeon or so many times i wanted that dead boar model for not cooked meat etc..

Level 10
I completely agree with Racziel - There needs to be more models you can build stuff with. Like simple bricks or blocks in all different shapes, sizes, and textures.

As well as pieces of archways. Not a whole archways just small pieces that you can build your own with - in any shape/way you want. Even if you where to cut up the city scape archway's into pieces.

Basicaly more building parts so you can make cone roofs and domes and other stuff that isnt really possible right now. (that at least look good)

Plus moar trees! That actualy have branches and leaves that dont look so cartoon'ish!

Level 18
i think we need some clouds. clouds of course are getting boring of late

and perhaps some darker, death like scenery, like better looking skeltons, and or guts that look like actual guts.

and i hope these get done. Im pretty sure the 3d model waves would be awsome, but i doubt its that posiible. Perhaps u cna make 3d watter waves that Dont Move, but if u had Animated waves....that would be pretty damn hard.

Level 7
So, do you sitll have plans for this or have you given us false hope like all the others who promised to make models for us?

Level 13
y milkshape there better programs than that but what ever. Also on your chain model thing i have that model in like a hanging version and connected its just not done is all since I'm lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.