• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Terrain Class

Terrain Class

This is a terrain class so that people like me who want's their map to have an awesome terrain can enroll here, just VM me so that your name be listed as students or teachers.

Teachers:
- Make a map assignment and give it to students
- Rate the map and tell them what are the improvements
- Give tips to students on what to do and donts in terrain making
- Put your name inside the map to download so that students will address you

Students:
- Download a map below and improve the terrain
- Teacher (the one who submitted the assignment) will rate/grade your map

Holy shit guys. Why don't we just say that this thread is now a terrain class in itself?

Why does this need to be official for you guys to start teaching each others how to terrain? The terrain forum is not very active, so why not just start there and make a Terrain Class thread. Name how things will be run and post content. You don't need me to approve a thing. If this gets big, we can make arrangements in regards to forums and what not.

Teachers

TLI-Inferno
Footman16
Kithraya
Students

mckill2009
Xian_1998
Hera_
Daffa the Mage
DivideByZero
DESTROYER123
Stare Cat
MasterTrainer
Assignments

Last edited:
Level 30
I agree.. I like terraining and I do like to be a great terrainer. There should be a terraning class.

Well, we all know when other sumbit map here sometimes it has poor terrain and this is what sometimes the mods do notice so it gets rejected. So a Terrain Class is just really perfect because so newbies at terraining can learn.

I do agree to you sir!

I don't think we really need classes. We have some really high quality tutorials that already show most of the methods you'd ever need to use. :)

What we do need are a couple of mini-contests. Or perhaps even something like WT (weekly terrain) for wc3c. That was always fun to participate in--and it was great practice for terraining.

Just IMO.

Level 29
Terrain is as important as coding in map making, coz if you have a shit terrain, it's gonna be boring, although there are tutorials about it but it's not enough, same as jass class, there are tutorials but still it was created for people who likes to learn...more...

Truth is we need teachers, sadly it's hard to find, so why dont we nominate and vote then we encourage the guy?...

Terrain teachers will get free hot dogs.

Good enough, I'm in.

I suppose I could be a teacher. I'd love to see more maps with attractive terrains, and the best way to get more fish is to teach more people to fish instead of trying to catch the whole ocean yourself!

Luckily I will have no life until late August, plenty of time to teach folks.

Level 20
Good enough, I'm in.

I suppose I could be a teacher. I'd love to see more maps with attractive terrains, and the best way to get more fish is to teach more people to fish instead of trying to catch the whole ocean yourself!

Luckily I will have no life until late August, plenty of time to teach folks.

Wow; I never thought such a modeler as you can be so good at terraining; this class will certainly be interesting.

Wow; I never thought such a modeler as you can be so good at terraining; this class will certainly be interesting.

Well I'm definitely not the best at either of those things, but I still do pretty well. Good enough that the terrain could get a 5/5, anyway. Probably not good enough for a director's cut. Anyway, I just hope to teach people how to make attractive playable terrains for their maps.

I won't be teaching how to make showcases; it will all be intended for being playable. I don't have anything against showcase terrainers, I just assume that the people here want to make terrain to improve their own maps.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@Chaosy But Mag teaches it better.

mag got tutorials in the jass section. He could for so upload more but there are really tutorials for every basic thing
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...80/efficient-clean-vjass-spell-models-216166/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/structs-dummies-197435/

Personally I would prefer nes, he explaind kinda well in his video tutorial.

would be nice with a terrain class but idk who would like to teach :p

Status
Not open for further replies.