• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Massacre at Virginia Tech! (sad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Linky to offical report

Did you guys here that 33 students were killed in a college campus shooting? Virginia Tech; this guy went to a dorm in the morning, killed a bunch of people. Then later on, walked into class and killed 33 students, teacher, then himself. Worst school shooting in U.S. History. Just happened today...

• Gunman massacres 32 at two Virginia Tech sites
  • Survivor: He fired at professor first, then students
  • Some students jumped from windows to escape
  • Other students locked themselves in teacher's office
  • It is the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history

its just so sad....this was worse then the columbine(sp?) one.

Level 8
Its just rediculous. And apparently the 2nd shooting was 2 hours later; they still hadn't caught the guy!

By the way, you do have some innaccuracies in your report.
iCrayon said:
Did you guys here that 33 students were killed in a college campus shooting? Virginia Tech; this guy went to a dorm in the morning, killed a bunch of people. Then later on, walked into class and killed 33 students, teacher, then himself. Worst school shooting in U.S. History. Just happened today...

You got some serious number errors buddy lol

Eitherway its a shame that this happens and only shows how frightening of a reality it is we live in

Level 5
It was with a semi-auto and a full auto :(

what drives people to do this?

Drugs, personal problems, mental problems, family problems, social problems, just crazy, a bet, want to end this life while taking someone with him/her, or just hates people.

Last edited:
Level 3
Its just rediculous. And apparently the 2nd shooting was 2 hours later; they still hadn't caught the guy!

By the way, you do have some innaccuracies in your report.

You got some serious number errors buddy lol

Eitherway its a shame that this happens and only shows how frightening of a reality it is we live in

it was a rough estimate >.> i just c+p'd what i saw on my css clans web page :p

@dofys...yeesh some people need heeeeelp :p

Level 18
24 year old Chinese national, dressed in a boy scoutish garb.
He was here in the US on a student visa as well.
Killed two in the dorms, his ex gf and the RA(resident adviser).
and 30 in the engineering building.
Before shooting himself.

The death toll is at 33(including his suicide), and the injuries is about 26.
he chained multiple doors from the inside.
tragic event.

Level 5
He was here in the US on a student visa as well.
Killed two in the dorms, his ex gf and the RA(resident adviser).
and 30 in the engineering building.
Before shooting himself.

The death toll is at 33, and the injuries is about 26.
he chained multiple doors from the inside.
tragic event.

Indeed. Wonder why he did those stuff?

Level 8
Sounds like it was a problem with his ex that drove him to do it, and he was extremely unstable....how does he get his hands on a gun anyways if hes here on a student visa, that shit should be illegal.

Level 5
Sounds like it was a problem with his ex that drove him to do it, and he was extremely unstable....how does he get his hands on a gun anyways if hes here on a student visa, that shit should be illegal.

Seriously. Stupid enough to cause many deaths, yet confused. People like the gun shooter should go to the hospital to meet a therapist (Don't know if I spelt it right) before they cause problems. They should really focus their anger on GTA, True Crimes, or whatever some shooting game.

Level 5
Indeed you did. lol

Ok back to the topic. That killer probably got dumped by his ex and probably didn't get over it. Considering the fact, he should get on with his life and move on to finish his studies in college. Indeed, what an idiot. Don't you agree?

Level 7
Yeah dude, I heard about it today from one of my friends, caus her sisters boyfriend goes there and she was really worried about him. It's tragic what happened. R.I.P.

Level 1
ya sad stuff i was reading that online today during class, they sent in like 3 squads of SWAT teams, but what most baffled me was the police didn't lock down the entire school.....???

Level 5
The only thing that baffles me is that why are some people crazy enough to do stupid things like going on a rampage thinking that their life is Grand Theft Auto.

Level 21
I was thinking of making a thread about this myself, oh well.
The killer (his name has not been released) killed 32 people in all, using two semi-automatic hand guns. The reason for the murder is believed that he killed his girl friend out of emotional issues, and then went on a murderous rampage through Dorris Hall (I think that's right). About 30 were injured, and 32 dead. After the killings, the killer committed suicide, adding to 33 deaths in all. This is the most killings ever committed by a single person on a school campus.
And about locking down the school... that is impossible, considering the short amount of time in which the incident took place and the giant expanse of the college, which consists of about 100 buildings.

Level 18
I was thinking of making a thread about this myself, oh well.
The killer (his name has not been released) killed 32 people in all, using two semi-automatic hand guns. The reason for the murder is believed that he killed his girl friend out of emotional issues, and then went on a murderous rampage. About 30 were injured, and 32 dead. After the killings, the killer committed suicide, adding to 33 deaths in all. This is the most killings ever committed by a single person on a school campus.
And about locking down the school... that is impossible, considering the short amount of time in which the incident took place and the giant expanse of the college, which consists of about 100 buildings.

way to repost what i had already stated.

Level 3
brand new to this site, and everyone who has posted in this thread i like! <3 you all

also...its just so depressing, i dont know why people have to kill people THEN kill themselves....its awkward

Level 25
Very sadenning

However, this just about PROVES that American gun laws are far too lienent. This isn't the first time something like this has happened

After a gun massacure here in Australia (Port Arther), gun laws were increased to extreme ammounts. Lets see if America learns from its mistakes

Level 18
-_- This would have happened unless pistols were completely non existent.
as it stands right now they think he got the weapons illegally unless there is new information on that.

If all it takes is a gun massacre to get the laws changed you would have seen a ANTI-gun advocate do this long ago.

First step in the government taking over the people:
Restrict guns from them.

and umm
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/10/23/1161455665717.html

Level 8
The second shooting was all the way across the campus...2 hours later...there are certainly a few things that could have been done, such as placing a security guard outside each building...

Level 3
So he was from Korea...? well....i thought they were x% smarter then everyone else...or is that just stereostyping?

Level 8
Thats stereotyping, and race has nothing to do with mental stability. I agree with Sansui, you shouldnt be able to buy guns within 90 days. Easily 2 years or so imo.

Level 36
This is sad, but notice how crap like this always happens in the States. Never heard of this happening in Canada (with the exception of that French loony at some school in Quebec, but they don't count cuz they're French) or in Europe... nope, it's the States.

But personally I don't think it's video games, or a violent society, violence in the media, any of that bullshit that caused this guy to do this. We're talking about an act of freaking terror here practically. Does a video game cause someone to do this?! Fuck no! The root of the problem here has to lie somewhere along the lines of DEEP mental instability as I feel that only something as serious could cause someone to do something like that. Of course, this will just spin off into another story about violence in the media, rather then provoking studies on the sanity of the average american, as it should.

For the record though, at least the guy is from South Korea... the last thing North Korea (and Communism) need right now is more bad press about their crazy people. But think about, you have Kim Jhong MentallyIll (or whatever the hell his name is) running that country, he's a total nutcase, so suprise! One of his citizens turned out that way too.

After this, I think they should check immigrants for mental stability before admitting them into the country. Thankfully in Canada our gun laws are stricter, so at least we shouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing.

Level 18
scotland: 16 children and one teacher killed at Dunblane Primary School by Thomas Hamilton, who then killed himself. 10 others wounded in attack.

Feb. 19, 2002
Freising, Germany Two killed in Eching by a man at the factory from which he had been fired; he then traveled to Freising and killed the headmaster of the technical school from which he had been expelled. He also wounded another teacher before killing himself.

April 26, 2002
Erfurt, Germany 13 teachers, two students, and one policeman killed, ten wounded by Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, at the Johann Gutenberg secondary school. Steinhaeuser then killed himself.

March 2000
Branneburg, Germany One teacher killed by a 15-year-old student, who then shot himself. The shooter has been in a coma ever since

March 1997
Sanaa, Yemen Eight people (six students and two others) at two schools killed by Mohammad Ahman al-Naziri.

Monday, November 20. 2006
An 18-year-old masked former student of The Geschwister School in Emsdetten, Germany stormed the school wounding 8

April 28, 1999
Taber, Alberta, Canada
not the older guy, was 14 year old student shot some people.

It happens everywhere.
Stop making your anti USA comments, it just shows how ignorant you are.

Level 10
I did hear of the incident first from my friend's then on tv. I turned on my tv today, EVERY SINGLE NEWS CHANNAL had a full covarage. It seem's really tragic, i feel bad for the families and student's.

More fact's according to what i had heard:

-One student jumped out of a window, he said that 2 other's behind him who had tried the same were shot.

-English teacher said that he was a brilliant writer, but his stories were full of depression sign's, his stories consisted of muder's and very graphic gore and violence. Even student's who had read it were afraid, he was advised to seek councelling by his teacher and classmate's......There were no report's of any councelling for his matter what so ever.

-The flag on the whitehouse was lowered to Half-Mast today in the afternnon in respect, bush had ordered that all other american goverment building's do the same.

-----------------
Very sad story, deepest respect and sorrow for the families. Let us pray that this incident will teach other's, and that this will never happan to anyone we know or to us.-----------------

Level 8
To test for someones mental stability is something that could not be done for everyone coming into the US. The warning signs were there however and I feel he should have at least seen a counselor once as a requirement. Something like that could be kept confidential and shoudl be necessary for a school to maintain the wellbeing of its students.

This has nothing to do with violent media, violent society, or violent games. This was a seriously disturbed individual and lets hope thats what the cause is focused on. All you need is another thing like this for congress to go martial law on the medias ass for something they arent responsible for.

My only concern about this is the poor response time on such a thing. This guy should have been caught or the buildings should have been guarded within the hour. This massacre could have been prevented if such action has been taken immediatly (sadly not the initial killings)

Level 10
Very sadenning

However, this just about PROVES that American gun laws are far too lienent. This isn't the first time something like this has happened

After a gun massacure here in Australia (Port Arther), gun laws were increased to extreme ammounts. Lets see if America learns from its mistakes

First of all, like Sansui said, the first thing a dictator does is take away the weapons from the citizens. Examples are Hitler, Mussolini, Castro, Stalin etc. That's why we have Second Amendment in the first place.

Secondly, guns are kind of like drugs. If you want them badly enough, no matter how hard it is to obtain them, you'll manage to get them.

Level 36
But drugs aren't hard to obtain... at all.... seriously... and screw the 2nd ammendment, I think Stalin was right... did you ever hear of any kids slaughtering anyone in Russia? I think not. He's got it right. Where the others took away weapons so that people couldn't rise up against him or defend themselves, Stalin (I believe) was at least trying to work in the right direction...

Level 10
But drugs aren't hard to obtain... at all.... seriously... and screw the 2nd ammendment, I think Stalin was right... did you ever hear of any kids slaughtering anyone in Russia? I think not. He's got it right. Where the others took away weapons so that people couldn't rise up against him or defend themselves, Stalin (I believe) was at least trying to work in the right direction...

I don't mean to sound blunt, well yeah I do. You're a fucking moron. I honestly hope that what you wrote was supposed to be satire.

Just to explain WHY you're a fucking moron.

Ever hear of the "Great Purge"? Probably not.

The purge of the Red Army was claimed to be supported by Nazi-forged documents (said to have been created by Nazi spymaster Reinhard Heydrich) which were introduced through an intermediary, President Beneš of Czechoslovakia. It was claimed that this forged evidence purported to show correspondence between Marshal Tukhachevsky and members of the German high command.

The claim is, however, unsupported by facts, since by the time the documents were supposedly created, two people from the eight in the Tukhachevsky group were already imprisoned, and by the time the document was said to reach Stalin, the purging process was already underway. However the actual evidence introduced at trial was obtained from forced confessions. The purge of the army removed three of five marshals (then equivalent to 6-star generals), 13 of 15 army commanders (then equivalent to 4- and 5-star generals), eight of nine admirals (the purge fell heavily on the Navy, who were suspected of exploiting their opportunities for foreign contacts), 50 of 57 army corps commanders, 154 out of 186 division commanders, 16 of 16 army commissars, and 25 of 28 army corps commissars. All told, 30,000 members of the armed forces were executed.

According to the declassified Soviet archives, during 1937 and 1938, the NKVD detained 1,548,366 victims, of whom 681,692 were shot - an average of 1,000 executions a day.[1] Historian Michael Ellman claims the best estimate of deaths brought about by Soviet Repression during these two years is the range 950,000 to 1.2 million - i.e. about a million – which includes deaths in detention and those who died shortly after being released from the Gulag as a result of their treatment in it. He also states that this is the estimate which should be used by historians and teachers of Russian history.

If they had been allowed weapons, you can be damned sure that would not have happened with such intensity. Please, before you talk about things, please read up on them first. He killed about 1/6 of what Hitler and the Nazi's did. Just to put it in proportion.

Level 5
Not to be negative, but, your the moron here. You don't insult others because no one said anything offensive towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.