• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleportation Platform

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
An alternative for the Way Gate
Previews
Contents

Teleportation Pad (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
For such a simple model there are definitely too many polygons and not enough time put into the design and fidelity of it. You might want to reduce polygon count drastically, make the model stand out more and make it somewhat more pleasing to the eye.
For such a simple model there are definitely too many polygons and not enough time put into the design and fidelity of it.
You might want to reduce polygon count drastically, make the model stand out more and make it somewhat more pleasing to the eye.
5 hours of editing the model i think is enough and I wont reduce the polygons cuz this will cripple its shape, and it wont fit the circular texture anymore. thats basically recreating it. 400 is not that high, what ar you talking about. it;s building model.

Last edited:
5 hours of editing the model i think is enough and I wont reduce the polygons cuz this will cripple its shape, and it wont fit the circular texture anymore. thats basically recreating it. 400 is not that high, what ar you talking about. it;s building model.
Well, up to you. Do what you please, but if you don't want to follow my review I have no obligations to try to find a compromise with you.

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
I also don't think that number of faces is justified for a simple shape with repeated wrapping and lack of details. You can try tampering the shape of the outer circles so that they use less faces or you can remove the inner circle mesh and stretch the outer circle in to fill the space. I'm sure you can try something out.
asdadasd.png

I also don't think that number of faces is justified for a simple shape with repeated wrapping and lack of details. You can try tampering the shape of the outer circles so that they use less faces or you can remove the inner circle mesh and stretch the outer circle in to fill the space. I'm sure you can try something out.
that makes it 383 polygons. idk, will see