• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleportation Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Is there any way to make Teleportation ability import specified units only depending on their type/stats (Health & Mana), E.g, imagine we are a group of 24 different units type beside an Archmage, once he cast Teleportation Ability, he usualy pick randomly 12 units, and yes I know I can increase that number in OE, but what I do want, is to make that spell pick specified units additional to their current stats which means health and mana points.

Thank you for your time :)

Level 4
You'd have to trigger the spell - but from a triggering point of view it should be absolutely no problem.

Are you familiar with writing triggers?

Level 4
You'd take whatever dummy spell as base, say channel, make it a building target.

Trigger your effect on cast of the spell - pick every unit in desired range and then loop through the group checking each unit for your desired conditions (typid, health, mana, ...).
If you only want to move a certain amount of units then keep a counter throughout the loop and end the loop as soon as you have found x amount of matching units.
Every unit you find in the loop you move to the target destination of the spell.

Before the loop you can add some timer to make the whole thing delayed a little, since the original spell is delayed too, I think.

And inside of the loop you can add some animations for each unit, if you want.

Level 28

Does it count stats too?

You'd take whatever dummy spell as base, say channel, make it a building target.

Trigger your effect on cast of the spell - pick every unit in desired range and then loop through the group checking each unit for your desired conditions (typid, health, mana, ...).
If you only want to move a certain amount of units then keep a counter throughout the loop and end the loop as soon as you have found x amount of matching units.
Every unit you find in the loop you move to the target destination of the spell.

Before the loop you can add some timer to make the whole thing delayed a little, since the original spell is delayed too, I think.

And inside of the loop you can add some animations for each unit, if you want.

I'll try this. Thank you guys for the support :)

Level 4
Do you guys really go around and plug in systems into your map for any kind of functionality you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.