• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #5 - Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
@Traxamillion Omg, dude go look on hive, there are plenty examples already. Meaby with rules it isn't 100% right but it's fair for those who put so much effort in their project.

YOU think that people who had EXTENSION after EXTENSION and yet could NOT abide by the rules deserve the same treatment as those who put effort into actually making things WORK?

You have a lot of gall boy, saying that even though you broke the rules you deserve the same treatment as those who didn't. That's just like saying 'people who kill other people should be treated the same as those who don't kill people'.

Seriously, your attitude is giving me the impression you're a bit of a pansy. I do hope that's not the case, but you have yet to prove me wrong.

Judging is not all about rules, right they are here to 'sort' things out but judging is always about: rules mixed with heart, with feel and with reasonable thinking.

i lol'd

incidentally, don't make yourself sound more 'seasoned' than i am, you're somewhat infamous among the contest section from what i hear.

with your logic, people shouldn't be judged based on the credentials, they should be judged based on efffffforrt. Seriously dude, grow the fuck up.

@Kam: Your race was interesting, noticed you used something similar to my mana system for producing units!

However, there were a lot of balance issues. The units do not require any form of population to be produced. You can literally get an infinite amount of units.

I did like that buildings cost a LOT of resources to counter-act the no resource cost of units, but i didn't feel it was quite enough when the units don't require any population. Also the units have insanely high damage stats for some reason (footman unit does around 40 damage each hit).

Ultimately I liked the idea, but it has a lot of playability issues in terms of balance.

@67Chrome: Seriously, I love your race and your innovation and cannot emphasise how jealous of you I am right now.

THE ONLY ISSUES I SEE are that units atm seem to have too many abilities. And each ability has a really lengthy description. It is a lot of eye rape. I feel as though you crammed a little too much into one race, but that may be just me.

Also, the units get very powerful with the Feed/Fight/Something system, but obviously this is counter-acted by the additional food cost thing you have going.

However, I believe being able to sacrifice your workers in order to give your hero more experience is going to cause balance issues. Also, workers not costing population could be problematic (unless they do, in which case I retract my statement). And with the Wall system you have going on (fucking love that system, btw), your race promotes turtling to a high extent and just levelling up your heroes with your workers (do they have a limit to the level?)

I also noticed that Feeding the Wyrm lead to damaging the town hall. And when you're feeding a level 8 Wyrm, it still sacrifices the workers but, of course, it doesn't get any better.

Those are the neagtives. The positives are EVERYTHING ELSE such as your IMPROVING UNITS SYSTEM and ALL THE MINI-SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTED ON EACH ABILITIY SUCH AS HYDRA HEAD GROWTH THING. And Spinnaker wants people who 'put effort in' to have the same opportunity as you, you sexy animal.

Honestly, dude, I love your race. It may have raped my eyes, but I don't press charges because I liked it.

@Kam: Your race was interesting, noticed you used something similar to my mana system for producing units!

However, there were a lot of balance issues. The units do not require any form of population to be produced. You can literally get an infinite amount of units.

I did like that buildings cost a LOT of resources to counter-act the no resource cost of units, but i didn't feel it was quite enough when the units don't require any population. Also the units have insanely high damage stats for some reason (footman unit does around 40 damage each hit).

Ultimately I liked the idea, but it has a lot of playability issues in terms of balance.

@67Chrome: Seriously, I love your race and your innovation and cannot emphasise how jealous of you I am right now.

THE ONLY ISSUES I SEE are that units atm seem to have too many abilities. And each ability has a really lengthy description. It is a lot of eye rape. I feel as though you crammed a little too much into one race, but that may be just me.

Also, the units get very powerful with the Feed/Fight/Something system, but obviously this is counter-acted by the additional food cost thing you have going.

However, I believe being able to sacrifice your workers in order to give your hero more experience is going to cause balance issues. Also, workers not costing population could be problematic (unless they do, in which case I retract my statement). And with the Wall system you have going on (fucking love that system, btw), your race promotes turtling to a high extent and just levelling up your heroes with your workers (do they have a limit to the level?)

I also noticed that Feeding the Wyrm lead to damaging the town hall. And when you're feeding a level 8 Wyrm, it still sacrifices the workers but, of course, it doesn't get any better.

Those are the neagtives. The positives are EVERYTHING ELSE such as your IMPROVING UNITS SYSTEM and ALL THE MINI-SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTED ON EACH ABILITIY SUCH AS HYDRA HEAD GROWTH THING. And Spinnaker wants people who 'put effort in' to have the same opportunity as you, you sexy animal.

Honestly, dude, I love your race. It may have raped my eyes, but I don't press charges because I liked it.

...My race would have like, raped all of the others.

Level 35
No, we're not. If anything you are.

Let's assess the situation.

I state that I want my results asap so why should we bother with a submition that, by the rules, should be disqualified.

You attack me calling me immature and telling me to think before I post. Without thinking before you posted, apparantly.

You then say everyone's attacking you because you're wrong and try to say it's just because they're 'nervous'.

Get out of hive. We don't need your bitchiness.

Ahimtar, I've already explained that Wazzz behavoiur was just immature, and in fact he isn't judge you don't have to care much about it.
It's not kind to say it's pointless to even open your entry - once again, playability isn't all of the points etc. and any judge should actually test your project and score it like anything else.
-> Rules:
*If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
*Your final submission must be bug free enough to test and play.
I mean seriously, how many more people have to tell you that you can't just judge an entry that doesn't work in-game. I'm PRETTY sure the rules are there for a reason, especially in this situation.

Wazzz, I've already answered in pm, but again - if you are experienced memeber you should know that here on hive there were plenty of uncompleted entries that took high places or even won the contests.

You are explaining everything word by word.. for what reason? Who said that most of aspects can be judged with unplayable race? But that des not mean you do not have to open it in WE etc. In my opinion map is totaly bugged only if you can't do a shit anywhere.
Ah yes and in most of those cases, the judges were blacklisted.
Take the mini-game mapping contest 4 for example, the judging was completely stupid, everyone got a lot of points for no reason and for some reason Kobas' entry, which was not finished at all, just 4 puzzles maybe, got first place. Even Kobas told me that he didn't want to win and that it was completely unfair for the other contestants that spent so long on their entries and later got less points than an unfinished entry, which did have a nice atmosphere, but the most points went towards the gameplay and everything else.
Oh god now I'm going towards a different discussion.

So, what I'm trying to say here, is that for the most judging criteria points, you need to be able to play the maps. Yes, you could try and check the balancing, the systems, the race concepts through the editor, but not well. You need to see everything in action and why do you think there are beta tests for games before release? To check the game out in action and check the balancing well when 2 races are battling against each other.
It's just not a good idea to still judge an entry, even though it doesn't work. Because doing so may lead to more points than the entry should have because you didn't actually (for example) check the balancing in-game to see if the races really are balanced, you'd just be looking at the units' damage, HP, etc. in the editor and compare them with the other units from other races.

Meaby some day you'll be smart enough to understand that. I know what it's just a forum, but I like to 'implement' some RL in all the actions I'm performing and how I'm acting everywhere.
Oh give me a break.

You need to stop calling other users immature and not experienced, when they are clearly trying to tell you that something you said wasn't right.
Also I forgot to tell you, you're blacklisted for judging contests.

edit: Also what's with all the conversations, Ahmitar already said that he wouldn't care if he was disqualified.

Level 7
edit: Also what's with all the conversations, Ahmitar already said that he wouldn't care if he was disqualified.
well, yes, if it causes that much hate and discussion, im not that stubborn to have my map there omg, but it doesnt mean i dont want to...

anyway, the poll is up, i guess its pointless to argue now.
good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.