• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Discussion

Level 32
Site/Forum Updating News
Craka_J said:
I (Craka_J) am going on vacation on Wednesday for two weeks and won't be as active as I usually am on the forums, website, or even the mod itself.

I'm doing very little work on the website as well, trying to make it seem more professional and cool. Just adding some images here and there, correcting spelling errors(If any) and I might post a new article in the News page; so keep an eye out for new updates.

Wolverabid via PM said:
I'll try to keep an eye on things as much as I can while you are gone. Be sure to let me know if you need anything special.

As I said before, I'm very conservative and hesitate to make changes. As to making things more "more professional and cool" we might be able to get some better forum buttons to replace the red ones. In my opinion, they are kind of gaudy and really clash with the basic black background. I'll try to recolor them in the next week or so, but I'll just post the edited versions somewhere on the site rather than applying them to the stylesheet. Some good image editing guys (like Archian) could probably do a far better job than I can in that department though.

Did you reinstall your MSN Messenger yet? I'll still be on line for a few more hours so try to give me a shout!
THE_END and some other guys can probably run circles around me on the image editing as well!

Idea.gif
The forum elements (like buttons) are just .gif files: THOSE puppys can be animated!

Level 32
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Craka seems to want to make the site "more professional and cool" and those buttons:

p1126887.gif

Could stand a lot of improvement (IMO).

[off-topic] THE_END: Want to host a contest? [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37380"]Contest Hosts/Judges Needed[/self]

Level 25
One of our Closed Beta Testers suggested an idea for Wc3:WoW which I think is very good:

Wc3:WoW needs more diversity between genders (Female and Male) and a good way to do this is have it apply when choosing your class.

When the player clicks on a class trainer, after the player has chosen a class, there should be a dialog window with two options regarding what gender they want to be. The two options should obviously be "Male" or "Female". Once a player has chosen their gender, it is final and there is no way to reverse or repick the gender. Gender should not have any affect on stats or anything else besides visuality either.

So, think this is a good idea for now? Who wants to add it?
~Craka_J

Level 25
I don't think it'd be a hard task to accomplish though. Only races we'd have trouble with making this possible is Orc, Undead(maybe) and Tauren. Dwarves shouldn't have females since no one ever makes female dwarves in WoW anyway!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Get Back To Work! *whiplash*

Currently need the following things to be started work on:
  • Horde/Alliance guards attack hostile Players/Player-Bots.
  • Flight Paths. (Speaking of which, where the hell is Warlord_HU?!)
  • Fix bags.
  • Remove all leaks you can find.
And pretty much everything in the Items category in the Change-Log must be started as well.
~Craka_J

Level 9
If you have an idea how to best execute this, I can start on it, in JASS, too, I need to practise JASS more anyways.

I have a pretty decent idea for when you choose which flightpath. Y'know how in WoW you talk to the guy, and the little map pops up? It'd be neat if the Flight Master was a shop, and he'd sell 9 items (all in a little box). The 9 icons would all be part of a "map" of the continent, like a little puzzle. Once you click on one of the little areas (Barrens, Durotar, Ashenvale...ect) a dialogue would pop up asking which sub-area you wanted to fly to (Crossroads, Camp Taj...)

Could be coo.

Level 25
I need someone who knows how to use vJASS and WEhelper to import the Warrior spells and Priest spells into the campaign maps properly. I cannot figure out how, thus I am incapable of doing it myself.

If anyone is up for helping me with this, Operator has the latest version besides me. I won't be on MSN until Friday so ask him for the campaign. Otherwise just wait until I am available on MSN. :/
~Craka_J

Level 15
All of you; Add me to your msn:

[email protected]

I are going to implent the looting system and a ''drop item system'' (When you drop an item, you're asked if you really want to destroy it. Like in WoW)
tomorrow. Well, I'm gonna try...
If someone wants the campaigns, they'll get it as soon as I'm done implenting.

Level 5
I'll add you to my Xfire. I'm using the Xfire Plus: Multi IM plugin for it.
Thru it I can add MSN people as Xfire friends.

I guess I'll take it until Sunday then I can give it to Av3n, so he can add the new spells.
Or would you rather that I add the your new spells?
I'm pretty sure I can get them in, but it's your choice.
I also have some other small things that I need to change in the campaign.

iron_warrior do you want to add your money system or should I add it?
I have it sitting on my desktop all converted to JASS with nowhere to go.
And also if I add it I can change my mailing system so that it works with your money system.

I'll try to catch you on MSN/Xfire sometime Operator, so I can get the campaign from you.

Level 9
Since you last sent me the money system, I only made two changes to the main trigger, which fix a bug that when you had a certain amount of gold you'd be able to buy anything, free of charge.

Hold on to your hats and glasses, 'cause here's the full trigger.

• Buying Items
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Equal to 0
              • (Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) Less than 10000
              • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Equal to (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
              • (Player 1 (Red) Food used) Greater than or equal to ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100)
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- If Player Has - Enough Silver and Copper. --------
          • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to ((Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100))
          • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Food used to ((Player 1 (Red) Food used) - ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100))
          • Sound - Play ReceiveGold <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                  • (Player 1 (Red) Food used) Less than ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100)
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- If Player Has - Enough Silver+1, not enough Copper. Transfer 1 Silver into Copper. --------
              • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to ((Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100))
              • Player - Add (100 - ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100)) to Player 1 (Red) Food used
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                      • (Player 1 (Red) Food used) Greater than or equal to ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Food used to ((Player 1 (Red) Food used) - ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000)
                          • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Not equal to 0
                          • (Player 1 (Red) Food used) Less than ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100)
                          • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Less than (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- If Player Has - Enough Gold+1, not enough Silver or Copper. Transfers 1 Gold into Silver and Copper --------
                      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000))
                      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - 1)
                      • Player - Add (100 - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)) to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber
                      • Player - Add (100 - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100) mod 100)) to Player 1 (Red) Food used
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                            • Conditions
                              • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than or equal to ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000)
                              • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • -------- If Player Has - Enough Gold, Silver and Copper. --------
                          • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000))
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                                • Conditions
                                  • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than or equal to ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000)
                                  • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                            • Then - Actions
                              • -------- If Player Has - Enough Gold, Silver+1, not enough Copper. Transfers Silver into Copper. --------
                              • Player - Add (100 - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 100) mod 100)) to Player 1 (Red) Food used
                              • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to ((Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) - 1)
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                    • Conditions
                                      • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than ((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) / 10000)
                                      • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Less than (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • -------- If Player Has - Enough Gold+1, Copper. Transfers Gold into Silver. --------
                                  • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - 1)
                                  • Player - Add (100 - (((Integer((Current life of (Sold Item)))) mod 10000) / 100)) to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Buying unit)))) for 5.00 seconds the text: ...
                                  • Sound - Play Error <gen>
                                  • Wait 0.01 seconds
                                  • Hero - Drop (Sold Item) from (Buying unit)
                                  • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
I added in this simple condition the two the ifs/thens...

Which checks if the item costs gold. I think everything else is bug free, so you can add it whenever you want to.

Level 25
While all of you guys are working, I thought it was about time to get to work on organizing the team a bit better again and motivating you guys to listen to me!

One thing I need your cooperation with is the Weekly Updates. You can post your progress with Wc3:WoW either in here or in this thread if that link doesn't work still.

I've created a "To Do List" to help us all realize and remember what is to be done. I tried to put the stuff in order, and I will keep on organizing that page more and more as time passes. But please keep an eye on it and do your job quickly and efficiently (Meaning: Get started on what you can as soon as possible and the efficiently part means that I want to make whatever you make with as low amount of flaws as possible.) so we keep this project alive and moving.

Christmas is coming up soon. Sure it is like only 30 days from now, but those 30 days will go by really quick, I assure you! So my goal this month is to get as much possible on the To Do List done before the end of December. I definitely plan on having something released around Christmas Eve or Christmas day. So if we don't have anything to release, I'll be more pissed than the people waiting for this project.

The spell creators are working very slowly lately. I'd like their progress on spells to improve. Getting at LEAST one to two spells a week done is an improvement enough.

The JASSers are working slowly as well. Saitek009, no need to delay your progress simply because vJASS won't apply to campaigns, or at least we cannot find out how to do it. Start working on other things you know you can get down well like the currency and finishing the mailing system.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Currently, you're the only active spell creator. Shados is working on sending me a bunch of Warlock spells he made, and I still need to contact Tirinasta if he/she is doing the work or quit. The others... they just clean up your messes if any. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 9
Well I think I told Craka already but I'll be inactive this weeekend and the follwing wed-fri as well.

The spells are going slow though, I'll try finish up rend + charge hopefully before friday. The Priest spells... didn't Sgt.Johnson had those as well???

Talking about inventory systems, I reckon we should go for something like this: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=85909
I don't really want to use caster system though... But if do find a vJass solution, I reckon I can modify it for "our" purposes (Extending equip page etc.).

-Av3n

Level 9
Yeah I know what tht system is, its actually based of this (Well it is this):http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=91163
The problem is that do we really need that much items to equip, its gonna eat up space?

-Av3n

EDIT: Wait Vexen.X based off that system... He modified it to be compatible to save/load codes. Also the fact that he modify it again to suit Tkok needs

Last edited:
Level 25
Adding systems does not eat up a lot of space. Takes up a tiny bit, but certainly not a lot.

I say that since the currency system is almost done (Or is done... idk its status) we should start making items. Saitek009 and iron_warrior are in charge of item prices since it's their system and know where to put the costs and such.
~Craka_J

Level 5
Craka' do you know if all of the items that we have in wc3: wow are actual wow items?
Because if they're not we might have to trash them.
Maybe iron could sync up all of the prices since (presumably) he has a faster internet connection. With dial-up item pages on Allakhazam take a really long time to load.

Level 25
As far as I know, none of them are included. I'll have to check; probably tomorrow. Though I believe some of the profession items such as Peacebloom for Herbalism is included.

I haven't heard from iron_warrior. I requested him to come back from the dead with a PM, but he hasn't yet. Hopefully he returns soon!

We're starting to get some big stuff done and I do not really trust the public as much as I wish I could or want to. We're going to have to find a way to protect the campaign from at least the majority of the people who will be playing this.
How can this be done? Will I have to export each map, protect it, and then reimport it to the campaign? Or is there a better and more safe way to do this?
~Craka_J

Level 25
I created all quest items found in Durotar. My goal is to create all quest items obtainable in Mulgore (DONE), Durotar (DONE), Elywn Forest (DONE), Orgrimmar (DONE), Thunder Bluff (DONE), The Barrens, and maybe start on Ashenvale as well. I will also do all quest items obtainable in Ragefire Chasm.

I'm not doing much work with items that have a price since they usually have some sort of function that requires me to select a buff or ability for it, which I am not good at since I am horrible with buffs and never really use items in maps much so I am not very educated with that. I will try to get all items that I can get done. Once I return the map and Saitek009 once again has the campaign (Once it is his turn again I mean. Operator will get the map before him) in his hands, he can work with their functions and costs.

I've also done some pathing work in Orgrimmar. Got a long way to go, but it'll get done. Once I finish up with Orgrimmar's pathing, I'll move on to Thunder Bluff, redo it, and then fix the pathing there. I might consider fixing the pathing in Darnassus and other elven areas, but that is highly unlikely since those areas are far from complete. I might work on Ashenvale and Barrens since they're in strong need of a shape-up and an update.

[Edit]:
Why does the hero play the dissipate animation instead of walk animation when holding the walk backwards key? Looks really stupid and will definitely receive complaints from testers.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 25
I've gotten us hosted at another forum which is filled with good experienced people. The attention we get over there will really be worth our while and probably a good place to recruit as well.

The forum is here:
http://www.gamerisle.com/index.php?board=47.0

I just want to discuss this new hosting with the team (You guys) to ensure you all don't have any problems with getting comfortable with this new move. We will remain hosted here as well, but I think that the more places we get hosted at, the greater advantages we will get.

So... any objections?
~Craka_J

Level 25
We've been hosted at "www.Gamerisle.com" thanks to the recognition of its founder, Panther-Anthro. The link to the area which we are hosted at is here.

I advise you all to register there and try to be as active as possible there to keep attention at that forum of our area. Thanks for the cooperation in advance!

Also, our team area is here. You'll have to register and PM "Panther-Anthro" for access to it though as a Wc3:WoW Team member first.
~Craka_J

Level 25
To those of you who are concerned about the inactivity on the team page of Wc3:WoW, we are not dead. Activity around http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow/ has risen quite a bit and the communications between the team seem a bit split up, but its something we can fix easily. Please keep yourselves up to date at http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow and in the team area as well. I frequently update the change-log, known bugs, beta testers list, and The Plan thread which is in this forum. Please keep your eyes on them.

~Craka_J

Level 25
My Update

I haven't been doing anything internally to the project because I am too busy with other important things and Av3n is working on it. However, I have been doing some side jobs to make sure I am not completely idle.

Ice is now working on some more mail-box models. He's currently working on the Undead mailboxes. Ice is also making a female player model with a bunch of animations, attachment points, and a bunch of hair-style models to attach to the model in game. This means that we should be soon revamping the way characters are created and allow players to customize their character's appearance.

HappyTauren is making Stormwind City tiles, an Equipment System, and an Inventory system. I think he mentioned he's going to also work on another system as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Skrab hasn't really told me much. I think he's back to working on buildings and doodads for Stormwind City and Elwyn Forest.

Darkwulfv is ready for the campaign. Someone please send it to him. He will be working on the Druid spells and some other systems as well.

WILLTHEALMIGHTY still has not gotten ANY spell effects requests from any of our spell creators for over 2 months! Spell creators, please ask for spell effects which are needed... thank you!

Saitek009 hasn't contacted me in any way or posted anything on any of our forums. Thus, I have no clue what he is doing right now. Probably waiting for the project though. He needed a vacation from this project anyway, he's done a lot of work. Saitek, if you've read this, please post what you've been doing and when you're ready to start working again!

HaZE, a fan of Wc3:WoW whose decided to create a new website and maybe a forum as well for Wc3:WoW, is almost done with making the website.

As for me, I've been thinking about what we should add into Wc3:WoW and what not to add. I'll be updating "The Plan" thread in a few minutes. Please provide opinions about what should be added and what not. Thanks!

~Craka_J