• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Discussion

Level 25
POST TEAM STUFF HERE OR AT http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow TEAM DISCUSSION AREA!

HernanG- In my opinion, Darnassus and Echo Isles need a little reterraining. Echo Isles looks like Stranglethorn Vale, and Darnassus is a little crammed.

Nasrudin- Make The Barrens tiles please, WC3 tiles don't look too much like WoW's... Let me know if you need a screenshot.

HappyTauren- Please make those systems and spells that we talked about on MSN :)

Shadow1500- Try to enhance the WC3 GUI into something more like WoW's GUI (Cast-Bar mainly)

Craka_J(Me)- I'm going to get some screenshots soon. Please Nas and Hernan, let me know what screenshots you need, tell Sgt.Johnson also.

Freakazoid- Do you think we need voice actors yet? We'll need a voice actor for narration of each beginning of the game. In WoW, when you create a character, there's a beginning cinematic with narration (by the same actor) about the chosen race's background history and what your goal is as being a part of the Horde/Alliance.

moyack- you're a jasser right? If you are, make it so you can disband a group or kick a group member out of your current group. Being stuck with 2 groupies until you die is very annoying.

Hmm... who else am I missing?

Last edited:
Level 15
I was thinking in something.... add to the Ai the capacity to talk to the player. I mean, create an array of messages which the AI can use, so the player feels more accompained. Those text should be shown as a text tag.

In order to review an example, you can check an evil map, DOTA with AI. It's the best example of custom, triggered AI. Check it here

EDIT: BTW, We should stick the demo download link.

Last edited:
Level 25
@Nas: You did? Heh, well tell HernanG to start terraining up The Barrens with the tiles and take some screenshots. I've only seen 1 screenie of The Barrens (with the smokey fog and the bones) so Hernan's gonna need to show off some screens for us all hehe

@moyack: Yes! Please add NPC player AI that makes them talk to you in chat and all that. It'll be one of the MAJOR goals to make the NPC players as 'real' as we can.

Level 25
Make it possible so that when a player has people in his group; that he can either leave the group himself (disbanding from all group members) or able to kick specific group members out. And yes, the only group members in this are NPC heroes =P

Last edited:
Level 15
Make it possible so that when a player has people in his group; that he can either leave the group himself (disbanding from all group members) or able to kick specific group members out. And yes, the only group members in this are NPC heroes =P
I think that it can be achieved with the chat system that I'm planning for the project. The idea that I'm developing is as follows:
  • Develop a system with a set of messages (here I will need your help). Those messages will be classified by situation like low hit points, is being attacked, etc.

• A set of functions which let the player "chat" with the npc players. They consist in the detection of certain words or phrases like "let me alone" or "... by my own", etc. so the AI will react accordingly to the phrase written. So all the things that you are going to do with your computer partners will be done by using the chat.

Tell me what you think.

Level 25
Flight Paths

We now have 1 city completed and another in progress (Thunder Bluff;Orgrimmar) and I think The Barrens is completed... just taking in what HernanG said. So I think that it's time to get a head start on creating Flight Paths. There is a Flight Path in Thunder Bluff, in Camp Tarajo(in The Barrens), in The Crossroads(in The Barrens), Stonetalon Mountains, 1k Needles, and there is also a Flight Path in Ratchet(in The Barrens)

Level 25
Screenshot of High Overlord in Orgrimmar.

Here's a screenshot of a guy who I'll need to be created to put into Orgrimmar, maybe you can fix up the grunts too to look more like they do in WoW.

2v7tfrs.jpg

Level 8
It seems as if I am still considered as a jasser for this team. No, I am not your jasser (not full time anyway) I have my own project and my only business here is to provide you with iaw's abilities and the systems they require.
@Craka_J: I gave you some instructions on how to change the UI, you should have provided the information to your team's mpq editing person.

Level 25
(Horde) Flight Paths:
Isle-----Kalimdor---------------------------------------
Durotar>Orgrimmar
The Barrens>Crossroads
The Barrens>Camp Taurajo
The Barrens>Ratchet
Stonetalon Mountains>Sunrock Retreat
Mulgore>ThunderBluff
Dustwallow March>Brackenwall Village
Thousand Needles>Freewind Post
Ashenvale>Spintertree Post
Feralas>Camp Mohache
Desolace>Jagged Spear Village
Felwood>Bloodvenom Post
Winterspring>Everlook
Tanaris>Gadjetzan
Silverpine Forest>The Sepulcher
Hillsbrad Foothills>Tarren Mill
Arathi Highlands>Hammerfall
Eastern Plaguelands>Light's Hope
Badlands>Kargath
Swamp of Sorrows>Stonard
Stranglethorn Vale>Grom'Gol
Stranglethorn Vale>Booty Bay
Darkshore>Auberdine
Azshara>Kargathia Outpost
Winterspring>Everlook
Felwood>Talonbranch Glade
Ashenvale>Astranaar
Stonetalon Mountains>Stonetalon Peak
The Barrens>Ratchet
Dustwallow Marsh>Theramore
Tanaris>Gadjetzan
Desolace>Nigel's Point
Arathi Highlands>Refugee Pointe
Loch Modan>Thelsamar
Dun Morogh>Ironforge
Wetlands>Menethil Harbor
Redridge Mountains>Lake Shire
Elwyn Forest>Stormwind
Westfall>Sentinel Hill
Duskwood>Darkshire
Stranglethorn Vale>Booty Bay

Level 25
Some Ideas!

Here are some Ideas for the mod that I came up with. Most of them are required/truely recommended.

For Rogues: Lock-Picking Skill-Skill to unlock locked Treasure Chests, Locked Doors, and other locked things.

For Rogues: Sprint(ability)- Makes the Rogue sprint, increasing it's movement speed by alot for 10 seconds (5 min cooldown)

For Warriors: Charge(ability)-From a distance, the warrior can charge at the target, stunning the target for 1 second. Also generates 10 rage.

For Mages: Blink(ability)- If path is clear, the mage can instantly blink 3 yards ahead of the mage's current position.

Money System: Not sure if we discussed this, but I think that if we could actually get this to work, it'd be awesome. Gold can be Gold, Lumber can be Silver, and Food can be copper, OR if that doesn't work, we can leave the gold property alone and change Lumber to Honor Points, Food can be changed to Lifetime Honorable Kills, or we can change food to something else.

Character Creation: The player should be able to desing the looks of the player's selected Race, given the power to set hair-style;skin color;and facial features. The player should also choose his class at the selection screen just like the real WoW rather than doing it in-game. Perhaps letting the player create his/her own name for their character or given a large amount of premade character names for them to choose one to use.

Zepplins/Boats: Zepplins and Boats are obviously required, but something to bring it up more alive, I thought we could make this more like WoW by giving the player the ability to walk around on the zepplin along with other NPC heroes too(maybe). It'd be one great thing if a player could walk around on a zepplin, it'd be 2 times cooler if NPC heroes and even hostile NPC heroes go on them because one thing that I do is gank alliance players that go on :)

Raids: Whether your reason for converting a group to a raid is for an instance or PvP or even raiding places such as Darkshire or Orgrimmar, Raids ARE required... Raids can hold up to 40 people.

Resting: Being able to sit/sleep plays a major role for those who run out of food/water. An animation for this would also be required.

Level 25
Revive team-speak!

Can we all get back in the habbit of discussing matters in the Team only area of the forums please?

Anyway, I'm gonna get my computer shipped to my house probably around a couple weeks, maybe more... but in the meantime, I want to know what I can do while I wait. Nothing really much to be done with the site, sure the template sucks and the layout isn't great either, but I may fix it up. I do it whether I'm told to or not lol

What I'm trying to look for is a job I can do outside of the World Editor! I have WoW and the expansion installed into my dad's laptop, I can provide screenshots of specific areas if you need. Like HernanG for example, who may need screenshots of Tiragarde Keep in Durotar or maybe a shot of Sen'jin Village.
TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO!!! -.-

Level 17
You know, after facing the death of a relative, realising that my life wasn't going well at all, and other things that I didn't want to say, keep spending time in a mod that since its revival didn't had any progress but in models and terrain didn't seems too smart to me.
Really, what was I supposed to do? I mean no offence to anyone, but no progress in 6 months has to mean something, doesn't it?

Level 25
There wasn't totally NO progress for 6 months. That was a while back when Freakazoid was the leader. :)
If anything we were moving really slowly and we didn't communicate as much as we should have, that's just what I think. *nudges Nasrudin and pulls his arm, trying to bring him into the zone of the team once again* :D

Level 7
There wasn't totally NO progress for 6 months. That was a while back when Freakazoid was the leader. :)
If anything we were moving really slowly and we didn't communicate as much as we should have, that's just what I think. *nudges Nasrudin and pulls his arm, trying to bring him into the zone of the team once again* :D

Well, everybody said, OMG I JOIN I JOIN! And nobody did anything -.-, so did you.

Level 25
I did do more than nothing though. I made a site, a forum, I did Orgrimmar (never finished it because the harddrive fucked up), and I even advertise the mod alot and come up with ideas and suggestions. I do more than many people who have joined and do nothing. Look at Operator or Shados for example. :)

Level 25
Freakazoid never really spammed the forums, except for when he used to be the leader and revived the project before you (Nas) took over.
Slowed? Well I don't think Freakazoid slowed us down, but in a way yes. But you did help. You were slow with doing terrain/object editting/triggers and then passing it on.
ANYWAY, before this turns into a flame (My senses are... tingling!) lets get back on topic! We really need help with this project, not critisim or comments about it, especially if it's bad. We're too busy working on this!

Level 17
This is the topic.

Uh, there was the time when you were supposed to upload the campaign, we waited for a month, and then you didn't anyway. The times when you were supposed to take care of the triggers part talk with the triggerers and you didn't do that. And the other times when you were supposed to do something that you didn't do, and we were waiting for you.
You see, freaky honey, when someone takes an assignment and for some unespected reasons it's not possible do it anymore, the thing to do is to inform the other members, post the updated campaign if there is one, and let the others do something meanwhile; not vanishing into thin air without a word.
Pass it the first time. Pass it the second. Though from the third time it becomes hard to believe, expecially when you are still around spamming the wc3c and hive forums.

Level 25
Hmm... Nasrudin has got a point there.
@HernanG: How is the terrain coming? We don't want to have to extend the release date of the project to late April!
@HappyTauren(If you ever read the forums): Start triggering the mailbox system we talked about, if you need details about it, PM me.

Level 25
Well, the mailbox system works like this:
Will it be a unit and have a model to select?: Yes.
Can you send mail to other saved heroes that you have in other slots?: Yes.
Can you send mail to NPC heroes that are in your group and can retrieve your sent items at a mailbox and use them?: Yes, but if not possible. Then forget it.
Do you need to be next to the mailbox to use it?: Yes.

When you go up to a mailbox and right-click it, dialogue buttons should come up in this order:
Inbox>-(If any mail in inbox, a list of buttons will say the name of the item)
Send Mail>-NPC
|Saved Character>-(Then we'll need a JASS system that you can drag items onto something that will let the mailbox know that that is the item you wish to send. If it's money you wish to send, I'm not quite sure how we'll do that just yet.

Level 25
More Trigger Ideas:
Trade System: Having the ability to go up to a selected NPC hero and open up a trade box, letting you be able to trade specific items for another with the hero.

Duels: Being able to ask a hero to duel. If the hero randomly chooses to accept the duel challenge, the hero will stop, face you, and a 3 second count down starts from 3... 2... 1... DUEL! In order for this duelling system to seem real, we need to make sure that the NPC heroes AI is good enough to seem like a real player; Meaning that the hero cannot be 100% 24/7 locked onto you. The hero will need to jump around(although it makes no difference in PvP or PvE, but people do it in WoW for some reason.) and run around to you, not straight at you like most computer mobs do. And after the duel, the hero should say "Good duel." or "GD"