1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Team Discussion

Discussion in 'WC3:WoW Private Discussion' started by Craka_J, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    POST TEAM STUFF HERE OR AT http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow TEAM DISCUSSION AREA!

HernanG- In my opinion, Darnassus and Echo Isles need a little reterraining. Echo Isles looks like Stranglethorn Vale, and Darnassus is a little crammed.

Nasrudin- Make The Barrens tiles please, WC3 tiles don't look too much like WoW's... Let me know if you need a screenshot.

HappyTauren- Please make those systems and spells that we talked about on MSN :)

Shadow1500- Try to enhance the WC3 GUI into something more like WoW's GUI (Cast-Bar mainly)

Craka_J(Me)- I'm going to get some screenshots soon. Please Nas and Hernan, let me know what screenshots you need, tell Sgt.Johnson also.

Freakazoid- Do you think we need voice actors yet? We'll need a voice actor for narration of each beginning of the game. In WoW, when you create a character, there's a beginning cinematic with narration (by the same actor) about the chosen race's background history and what your goal is as being a part of the Horde/Alliance.

moyack- you're a jasser right? If you are, make it so you can disband a group or kick a group member out of your current group. Being stuck with 2 groupies until you die is very annoying.

Hmm... who else am I missing?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me, me!! well, I'm working with some concept arts.

3. Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll terrain anything, just give me 1 screenshot and a map.
    I don't think we need voice actors. We could also export those sounds from WoW, but I wouldn't.

I think we now have better triggeres than me so, wtf do you need me.

bukkake.

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We don't need voice actors now, but I'm just saying that it would be more like WoW. Anyway, I'll see if I can have you help HernanG terrain The Barrens. I'll get a couple screenshots and post em' later.

5. Nasrudin

Nasrudin

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did 3 barrens tiles already, how many more do you want?

6. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was thinking in something.... add to the Ai the capacity to talk to the player. I mean, create an array of messages which the AI can use, so the player feels more accompained. Those text should be shown as a text tag.

In order to review an example, you can check an evil map, DOTA with AI. It's the best example of custom, triggered AI. Check it here

EDIT: BTW, We should stick the demo download link.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Nas: You did? Heh, well tell HernanG to start terraining up The Barrens with the tiles and take some screenshots. I've only seen 1 screenie of The Barrens (with the smokey fog and the bones) so Hernan's gonna need to show off some screens for us all hehe

@moyack: Yes! Please add NPC player AI that makes them talk to you in chat and all that. It'll be one of the MAJOR goals to make the NPC players as 'real' as we can.

8. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One question: This forum can upload the full demo??

9. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uhm... I'm not sure. I don't know the file limit for mods but probably. But if not, we'll upload the map at www.rapidshare.de

10. Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or ask archain to upload it.

11. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or that, yes lol

12. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I couldn't understand. It's something related with NPC players??

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make it possible so that when a player has people in his group; that he can either leave the group himself (disbanding from all group members) or able to kick specific group members out. And yes, the only group members in this are NPC heroes =P

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  14. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me. Seriously, you haven't actually told me to do much at all yet lawl, all you said was to think of ideas for quests...

-*meow*

15. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that it can be achieved with the chat system that I'm planning for the project. The idea that I'm developing is as follows:
    • Develop a system with a set of messages (here I will need your help). Those messages will be classified by situation like low hit points, is being attacked, etc.

• A set of functions which let the player "chat" with the npc players. They consist in the detection of certain words or phrases like "let me alone" or "... by my own", etc. so the AI will react accordingly to the phrase written. So all the things that you are going to do with your computer partners will be done by using the chat.

Tell me what you think.

16. Nasrudin

Nasrudin

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Moyack, maybe you should make a thread about it. I'm not exactly sure what you can or can't do with the ai in wc3, and I think I'm not the only one. >_>

17. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'll do the thread. Because it needs specific work and support from you guys :)

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Flight Paths

We now have 1 city completed and another in progress (Thunder Bluff;Orgrimmar) and I think The Barrens is completed... just taking in what HernanG said. So I think that it's time to get a head start on creating Flight Paths. There is a Flight Path in Thunder Bluff, in Camp Tarajo(in The Barrens), in The Crossroads(in The Barrens), Stonetalon Mountains, 1k Needles, and there is also a Flight Path in Ratchet(in The Barrens)

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Working on the Flight Paths yet HappyTauren? :)

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshot of High Overlord in Orgrimmar.

Here's a screenshot of a guy who I'll need to be created to put into Orgrimmar, maybe you can fix up the grunts too to look more like they do in WoW.

[​IMG]