• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Discussion

Level 25
Well don't let your 56k make the team suffer too, just get it over with when you're done with what you're triggering and send the map to Storm_Surge, and when he's done, I believe we'll either send it to HernanG or an abilities creator. Most likely HernanG first though.

Level 25
I have just issued Shados to start making abilities for the Warlock class, that way we can't say he isn't doing anything. He's creating them in another map though and when he's done making them, he'll email it to me and I'll import the abilities into the campaign from there.

Level 1
Ok... So I'll check back here for the map?

Here's what I think. We should set up a private FTP server with all the most current maps. Each of us could make a change and then reupload the modified map.

To prevent conflicts and accidental file overwrites, each member can have a folder with their most recent updates. Since each map is only like 3mb, this shouldn't be too hard. Thoughts?

Also, why does your signature say "War3WoW- Cancelled?"

Level 25
lol April fools joke; fixed it though.

I think that is a good idea. I can't set up any FTP servers at the moment because I am swamped with work and don't even know how to do it aside from that lol

Storm_Surge, I think you should set up an FTP server for us and I'll have HappyTauren send me the campaign so I can upload it.
BTW, My stuff comes in 2 weeks. :D

Level 25
HappyTauren, was it you who told me that you could bring WoW's shading effect in our mod? If so, give it a try and if it actually works, give us some screenshots of what it looks like so we can have an idea of what WoW shaders mixed with War3:WoW would look like. :D

Level 25
Okay Storm_Surge, how much time will it take until you've finished? April 25th is your deadline.
And to our abilities guys, I can't find any screenshots of abilities on google and I haven't played WoW much on the weekend to get the chance. But how many abilities have you each done so far? Do you need more abilities to be issued to you to make?

Level 25
Alright Storm_Surge, tomorrow is your due date. But if you desperately need a couple more days to work on triggers, then let us know. We cannot terrain the campaign until you are finished triggering, so get a move on! :)
BTW guys, I'm getting my PC on the weekend, but not sure if it's going to where I live or in storage.

Level 1
I don't want to sound like a liar who's trying to avoid missing the deadline, but I still have no copy of the map... I PMed HappyTauren, like you said, but I never got a reply.

I think we should seriously consider some sort of FTP server we can all use. Or better yet! There's a plugin for Firefox that allows you to use GMail for file storage. I can hook us up with an account we can use nad a link to the plugin, if you think that's a good idea.

I made an account. Username: wc3wow Password: filestore45

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1593

Level 25
Here are the things to trigger/fix:
1)fix up party system and give a text command that can kick a party member out of your group, "/kickp1" (party member 1) or "/kickp2", etc.
2)If HappyTauren has not already started Flight Paths, I'd like it if you start making them.
3)Create professions that WORK, such as Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Cooking, Herbalism, etc.
4)Make abilities purchaseable at Class Trainer, but abilities require certain levels to train for them. It also costs money to train.
5)Make an option available that can convert a party into a raid, holding up to 10 party members.(not 40 because this mod isn't ready for that kind of massive raid yet :p
6)Make the NPC Heroes communicate with eachother and respond to you in text.
7)Make quests, quests that resemble WoW's quests.
8)Make commands and emotes (if Nasrudin ever added them) such as /sit, /sleep, /lol, /spit, etc...
9)If HappyTauren still has not added the mailbox system, please make it. Enabling you as a player to mail items or gold to your saved characters.
10)If not already fixed, make people who create Orcs and Trolls start at Durotar Starting place (Valley of Trials I think it's called), Tauren start in Mulgore, Undead I suppose can start in Orc area for now, and all alliance characters can start in Teldrassil.

Level 25
Just checking, but Storm_Surge, I told HernanG to email you the map since HappyTauren is pretty much dead. He sent it to the email address you use at GS. Once you get it, please work ASAP on it and try to finish the assigned triggers quickly. ty

Level 1
Eep!

I don't want to sound like a liar who's trying to avoid missing the deadline, but I still have no copy of the map... I PMed HappyTauren, like you said, but I never got a reply.

I think we should seriously consider some sort of FTP server we can all use. Or better yet! There's a plugin for Firefox that allows you to use GMail for file storage. I can hook us up with an account we can use nad a link to the plugin, if you think that's a good idea.

I made an account. Username: wc3wow Password: filestore45

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1593

Please send it via GSPACE or to [email protected] as soon as you can. Thanks!

Level 25
Great news everyone! One of the triggerers/spell triggerers from DoTA have agreed to join the War3:WoW Team and help with the GUI. I'm not sure if she has confirmed herself to join, but she contacted me and said she wishes to join and help, and with someone who took part in making WC3's top rated map, I say we take her in.

Level 25
Oh, thought you decided to not work after you joined like the hundreds of other people haha, well since you applied for abilities and triggers, perhaps you can start making abilities for a Hunter and/or Priest. I'll assign systems to you later after you've completed the abilities.

Level 25
Well now that you all, except the triggerers, have been assigned some objectives, I'd like you all to work on them as much as you can and efficiently. Try to get stuff done quickly. As for me, I've been terraining the campaign now. I have started to work on Orgrimmar again and so far, it is about 40% complete. It will definately be atleast 90% complete by Sunday.

After I've finished Orgrimmar, I'll work on Southern Durotar, up to Northern Durotar. Once Durotar is 100% finished, I'll finish up Echo Isles, then terrain The Barrens. After The Barrens is completed, I plan to start working on either Tirisfal Glades or Ashenvale. (depends if tileset and models needed are done by the time I get up to it)

I'll keep you guys up to date with what is going on more often, that way we all know what is going on and what to do.

WILLTHEALMIGHTY, try to finish the Warlock spells faster, Shados will need them very shortly.

Operator: Still waiting on a reply about what class you want to do spells for.

Level 25
Great news guys! There is a program being made called "WarSoc" by MindWorX and with this program he is making, we can make Wc3:WoW a MULTIPLAYER CAMPAIGN. The only down side is that we may need to get a dedicated server for massive amounts of players. But since I doubt that alot of people will play this at a time, we'll be able to have about 50 players in just this one campaign. The great thing about this is that lets say 50 people are playing Wc3:WoW... the server is full. You may be thinking "OMG! 50 people in one campaign map!?!?" Well here comes the best part: Players can play the same campaign on the same server yet be in different maps. How cool is that?! Do you guys know what this means? If this program works and is successful, we can be the first to create the first Warcraft III MMORPG! Would we get banned from Bnet? Another great thing is that this program runs on special servers off of Bnet and off LAN so that it is impossible for Blizzard Entertainment to really do anything. What do you guys think?

I think we should implement this in once we get Wc3:WoW completed. Feedback NEEDED people.
-Craka_J

Level 25
Just letting you guys know what's going on real quick, Wednesday I leave for two weeks to visit NY, USA. Once I'm back I'll be back in action. Saitek is currently doing a bunch of triggers for Wc3:WoW and will continue to work on Wc3:WoW while I am gone.

About the Terrain:
-Orgrimmar is about 60% done. Maybe more.

-Thunder Bluff still needs work, but it shouldn't take any longer than a day or two. It'll be completed real fast and corrected to look more accurate like the Thunder Bluff in WoW.

-I started working on Elwyn Forest. It's going to be one big map. Possibly two. So far I'm working on Northshire Abbey area and Goldshire. Working my way down. Not even 10% done with it yet IMO.

-Ragefire Chasm is finally being worked on. I have the layout of it but still need to add pathing to the walls. Still need to make elite units and decorate it before it is complete. Will there be quests for RFC before the open beta release? I honestly hope so...

-I fixed up the tiles of Central Durotar and worked on Valley of Trials a tiny bit. Nothing too major though.

-Did nothing to Darnassus yet. But god does it need to be finished badly!

-Haven't started on Tirisfal Glades or Undercity yet. Still waiting for THE_END to finish the tileset for them... been about a month or so now of waiting for him. HURRY UP THE_END!!!!

-I think I did something with Thousand Needles. If not, then it doesn't really matter anyway. Haven't even started Southern Barrens yet.

-I don't want to start Stormwind until HappyTauren has finished making doodads for Elwyn Forest and buildings for Stormwind. May need a new tileset for Stormwind HappyTauren!

-Did nothing to Mulgore. And as 'finished' as it may look, it still needs work. Hills need to be more accurately made and cliffs need to be taller. I'll get to work on it after Thunder Bluff is completed though.

And that just about covers it...
~Craka_J

Level 18
Ok Cracka I have a ..conundrum if you will for you
I have access to the tiles in WoW
May I use a slight CnP of those to create said tiles?
And what tiles should I make?
2 differant grass types, dirt, and then for nonbuildable tiles make those the Undercity tiles?

Level 25
Well we can't use WoW exports because it's illegal, but modifying it shouldn't hurt. However, if the filesize is gonna be like 500kb then screw it and just create tiles from scratch. I want two grass tiles, one or two dirt, and then two unbuildables (stoney path for Tirisfal Glades and Undercity floor)
Make it over-write Icecrown Glaciers. Northrend will probably be for Iron Forge and Dun Morogh.

Level 25
WoW tiles are alot bigger than Wc3 tiles. Wc3 tiles are about 256x256, while WoW's is... I'm not really sure but I know it's alot bigger; not to mention the filesize of WoW tiles are alot bigger as well. Some are almost a meg per tile!

Level 25
Don't forget that since the resolution of the skins and tiles from WoW are big, that it will look very uneven and odd in Wc3. Unless of course if you resized them and fixed them up a bit. As long as the filesize of the tile is lower than 280kb I'm OK with you using them.