• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tavern Internal

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Behold, knaves and knavelets. I give ye an internal view of a tavern.

Do know this, gentlemen/mentlegen, the screenshot above has things in the tavern that aren't attached by default.

I've attempted to leave the default tavern relatively empty so you can add models to it and customize it to your liking.

I have added models for the purposes of showing off the model 'in-action'
These include - Bookshelves, Tables, Chairs, and the pile of trash by the barrels.

Based of your feedback, I may continue these 'X building internal' models, only if you find them useful however, wouldn't want to flood you with several flavors of tosh.

If you've any low file-size/not complicated solutions to the 'no unit/prop shadows on the floor' you will be given credit for the completion of the model!

If you have any problems with this model, leave a comment and I'll look into it.

Changes
-Added fire-light shadows
-Changed Floor Texture
-Added other-side of inn door

Keywords:
Tavern, Building, Barrel, Inn, Medieval, Doodad, Prop, Brewery
Contents

Tavern Internal (Model)

Reviews
13:35, 5th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Too simple.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, I've been looking for something else for the floor. The only other thing that comes to mind is the bookshelf top, but it could be a little too yellow/orange.

Or you could remove the floor and let the user use normal tiles. Because right now, units that step on the floor have no shadow and it has a bad wrap.

Doodads don't have a shadow too, because of the floor.

Level 65
How about this: make a split up version too and upload it?

@Minimage - I actually didn't think of that until now, thanks!
The reason I hesitate to dismantle this in favor of multiple little segments is that the walls are transparent/hitched from the back (thus the black wall around it) so piecing them together in any way other than a strait line would result in the blackness showing through neighboring walls.

@Heinvers - Uploading the pieces separately is a good idea, but I have two problems on that front.

1) The problem with the way I built the walls to make a 'Diablo/Baulder's Gate' makes it impossible for people to place walls without the black back showing through the walls/beams.

...unless they grab a model editor and knit them together after they are in their place.

2) I don't know how to upload bulk sets of models, and I think I could get into trouble for flooding the main page with tons of chunks (some of which aren't meant to be viewed from the back, like the fireplace)

If either of you or anybody else has an idea of how to solve the utility issues, and knows how to upload in bulk, I'll do it and give credit + rep to all who helped.

@A Void) Very true, I had thought of adding a makeshift 'shadow' layer just a few pixels above the floor to make it seem like the fire was casting shadows across the room. Problem is that units would still have no shadow, so you've got me there.

Any idea what people could use as a floor? I could make a tile, but pairing the two would make for a massive leap in file-size and confusion for people who don't know how to apply custom tile-sets.

@A Void) Very true, I had thought of adding a makeshift 'shadow' layer just a few pixels above the floor to make it seem like the fire was casting shadows across the room. Problem is that units would still have no shadow, so you've got me there.

Any idea what people could use as a floor? I could make a tile, but pairing the two would make for a massive leap in file-size and confusion for people who don't know how to apply custom tile-sets.

Or you could use the mighty alpha tile to make the real tile transparent and have the floor model just a bit lower than the terrain. It would be an excellent illusion, and the shadows will be seen. :)

Level 26
@Minimage - I actually didn't think of that until now, thanks!
The reason I hesitate to dismantle this in favor of multiple little segments is that the walls are transparent/hitched from the back (thus the black wall around it) so piecing them together in any way other than a strait line would result in the blackness showing through neighboring walls.

Why not just make the walls into a custom cliff surface. For it to function properly, you'll still have that darkness anyhow. Then all you'd basically need to do would be to wall in a space, ensure that you have another texture for the floor and bam. Most of the chairs and tables are ingame doodads so you could easily just add them to that little space you now cut out. Basically, the only thing I can see that is new is the pillars. As for the cauldron, that could easily be filled in with a model containing that little segment and nothing else and that would then blend perfectly with the custom cliff surface.

Level 65
Why not just make the walls into a custom cliff surface. For it to function properly, you'll still have that darkness anyhow. Then all you'd basically need to do would be to wall in a space, ensure that you have another texture for the floor and bam. Most of the chairs and tables are ingame doodads so you could easily just add them to that little space you now cut out. Basically, the only thing I can see that is new is the pillars. As for the cauldron, that could easily be filled in with a model containing that little segment and nothing else and that would then blend perfectly with the custom cliff surface.

My main reason for that is I've yet to make a wall texture (potential to royally mess up)

The other reasons are that it has already been done by another hive-member, and the walls in this are 3d, rather than flat.

If I were to go with your suggestion about making it a wall, windows wouldn't be remotely as wide, and the texture would be randomized/cut off abruptly.

Its a good idea, one that I'll do for the interior of the castle in Wrath of the Kaiser, but I'm going to give it a pass on this.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's not what he actually said, in any case you should post that in the request section.. :/
Very astute.

It was a joke, of the "fix'd" quotation variety. Common on the Internet. Besides, I'm not making a Request because I don't want to bug anyone; I don't particularly know that I need it. But it would be cool & I can probably find a place for it, and likely others could as well.

Simply a (not-so-)subtle suggestion. : )

I believe I hear the drums thrumming their hymn of war, and the chants of the troll hordes a' comin'.
He got it. : )

I believe I hear the drums thrumming their hymn of war, and the chants of the troll hordes a' comin'.
Bwahaha. Let me know. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.