• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
this was many months ago, the files were lost, the concept are great though, I think we have some sort of concept list for all these units (Blake does at least)

Level 16
The concepts sound great but look at it this way

the sniper unit:

650hp

50-65 attack

750 range

critical strike ability that does 5x the damage to all targets that are not heroes and are organic

in practice this just pisses off the player, theres no real need for this, it's like crusader v2

the tank unit was just that, a tank unit, I dont recall anything particular about it besides that

the ship was in the works, but it would essentially be a 900hp ship with a weak primary attack and the ability to cast monsoon (i think that's the spell)

I don't remember much more about this

Level 16
I was testing a new ability for a bit just now, but it yielded no significant progress, all I've learned is that you get the pulverize ability to display various effects at the overhead/chest/origin of the target unit

Level 10
Wow, you're persistant, I gotta give that to you, why dont you try developing the battlerage or some other ability?? I understand you don't want the Milrazer having a spell shield like ability, but what else can you give them to make them unique both conceptually as well as in battle

Level 16
After some intense thinking and going back and forth about what to do I finally created the solution:

I'm not sure what the name of this ability will be but the Milrazer unit will have it.

The ability uses a trigger to check if the unit which the Milrazer is attacking is below a certain hp threshold (20-25%) and if it is, it gives the Milrazer a critical strike ability that does 8x the damage so it could finish the unit off in one strike.

In plain words - The Milrazer gets a "finishing blow" type of ability which allows it to instantly eliminate a unit when its hp is low (relative to its total hp)

Rem

Rem

Level 7
thats an awesome idea =)

you know ur really good with this ability making thing if it was me having to do this i would just get stuck and give up
great job.....i mean it

Level 16
Thanks @Rem, I really had to put in effort for this one, its really hard to come up with original stuff, but I've managed to this time, hope it will set this unit apart from the others

Level 16
Yeah, I think it's the gondor soldier one, here is the model:
upload_2017-11-28_4-47-0.png

Rem

Rem

Level 7
fits good, maybe darknen it a bit for effect, otherwise it looks great

Level 16
Thanks Rem, but I've only created an ability, much of the unit and its concept was made by Blake and Aster, although I've contributed too

Level 16
lol, I don't think he'll get jealous, last time was completely different, for some reason he thought we let @pyf take over his work within our project, so he got mad, no such thing is happening this time

Level 16
Let's just continue this conversation in chat, it has nothing to do with the project at all, and we're doing it in the project thread

Level 12
me, Aster & Razor were talking about revising the names for some units

for instance:

Blackwolf -> Warwolf

Milrazer -> Milreaver

What do you think?

Level 16
I like the WarWolf one, Milreaver is ok, btw we still haven't decided much about the actual unit, I mean so far
we have that the unit will have around 1200hp
have the following abilities
???? - Allows the unit to do 5x the damage when attacking a unit whose hp is below 20%
Resistiant skin
Ensnare
???? - An ability that reduces the effectiveness of piercing attacks

Level 16
I've reworked that ability so that it allows the Milreaver to do 2.5 times the damage to units whos hp is below 50%, I think this makes it alot more effective, also I've decided to call the ability "killer instinct" for a lack of a better name

Status
Not open for further replies.