• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
This stuff takes lots of time, and I've been somewhat busy with things lately, so it may not be finished as fast as planned

Level 12
upload_2017-6-23_6-26-1-gif.271535

Level 11
I seriously wonder what it feels like to be mind controlled by yuri, it might even be what some would call enjoyable

Level 10
anyway I was not able to get much done this week--too much things on my hands. but regarding the name I would suggest using something like apha its very suitable and simple, Siler also said he liked the idea

Level 9
u know i dont get it, what the point of having an elite version of an already elite unit, it kinda of begs the question of why is there an elite unit in the first place if you want yet another 'better' version of it

Level 10
This variation only appears in a few missions where it serves as a bodyguard to important figures, the point is that zephyrs are not that elite of a unit, 1080hp 38-48 attack with 1.1 cooldown and resistant armor its like an upgraded knight which can resist spells and nothing more, but you need a real strong unit to make sure the battle is at the minimum challenging, 2 zephyr or 3 zephyrs will not do that

Level 10
I just dont have time to argue about this
much easier to make one super elite unit to serve as bodyguard to important units rather than making a whole bunch of heroes, its just simple, practical, and mor effecient this way

Level 16
Reasons why we need an “elite version of an already elite unit”

Previously we had Zephyrs renamed to things such as “Falcos the merciless” and “Davlin the mighty” and given more hp as well as abilities to serve as bodyguards to certain heroes in missions. Creating these names and adding various abilities, etc. gets tiresome and pointless if done every time a hero needs a few guards except for special circumstances, so instead we’re creating a unit that will serve as a bodyguard to all these units, a special much stronger unit that resembles a zephyr. We’re calling this unit alpha or a better name if we come up with one. Think about it this way, let’s say you have a group of elite soldiers, the top 5% or 10% will likely be especially skilled and much stronger than the rest, its like a class of students, there are those that are better than the rest and just stand out. For Zephyrs those 10% are called alphas.

In other words an Alpha is an especially strong and skilled Zephyr.

Level 16
After several hours of testing we've finally got it.

The unit will be called "Lion Heart"

so far the stats are

1580HP

58-76 damage

1.20 second cooldown

Heavy armor

6 armor

Abilities:

Resistant Skin

Arcane Resistance - Reduces damage from magic and spells by 25%

Critical strike - 25% chance to do 3 times the damage

Defensive Stance - 35% chance to reduce an attack by 60 damage. Attacks cannot be reduced below 3 damage.

Level 10
Crusader was like a sub-boss type unit that was excellent against non-hero units and buildings but was essentially cannon fodder against air units

this is good against both air and ground, but not so much so against buildings, it's meant to defend against other units not attack bases with, besides this was all explained

this is basically the "elite zephyr"

the defensive stance ability is really good, a Lion Heart was able to defeat 3 taurens (3 on 1) with level 2 ungrades after we gave it this ability

Level 10
Dont worry unlike the crusader you won't be seeing a great deal of these, infact the only time they'll be around is when they're guarding something or someone :)

Rem

Rem

Level 7
i think you outdid yourself here, this unit will take out a spectral knight or a rock titan in a 1 on 1 =)
and that means a lot in this campaign

Level 16
np man you deserve it, you created another great unit, pad yourself on the back!
Thanks

i think you outdid yourself here, this unit will take out a spectral knight or a rock titan in a 1 on 1 =)
and that means a lot in this campaign

Thank you, it's a unit you will see very rarely, that's why its so strong, spectral knight and rock titans will appear much more frequently, and also in greater numbers

:)

hey siler why the low armor?

It's supposed to be a Zephyr that's the best in his group or whatever, as such the unit has all same armor, weapons, etc. as the regular Zephyr so the armor value doesn't change, but he is stronger hence the increased hp and stronger attack also he is much more skilled hence the defensive stance and critical strike abilities

Level 16
:)

These things are perfect bodyguards, especially in the mission where you play as the rebels and have to attack a Milrein base where an eclypic orb is housed, these can be used as the special protection unit that are inside the compound

Level 12
If you're skilled enough you should be able to destroy one of those with a skilled hero, the unit is strong but it's not exactly like a non - hero archimonde walking around, 1580hp is nothing, I've seen boss units with over 10,000 hp in campaigns, if you wanna see colossal amount of hp on bosses just play the chosen ones

Level 16
You're thinking wrong, you think the function of this unit is to be a boss, in other words that you face the unit in a one on one with your hero, but this is completely untrue. In all likelyhood you will likely face off with a hero and 2 Lion Hearts guarding it along with some other units with a good chunk of your army along with your hero. In other words its your army against the enemy's army, and these units are his bodyguards. This is not meant as a boss unit at all.

Level 16
If you're asking me whether you will face one as a boss my answer is no, again this unit is basically a guard, to important heroes as well as for important items or locations (entrances to places, etc.)

Level 16
Well you remember how it was supposed to have an optional quest to retrieve a specific artifact held by a Vernesian Archmage, in order to retrieve this you would have to fight through the Milrein forces occupying the center of the map to the small Vernesian outpost to the northeast, then destroy the guards, get inside and fight the archmage, in this case the archmage, well Lion Hearts would be guards to that archmage in order to make the battle more challenging...

Status
Not open for further replies.