• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Talents?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
This is something I worked on today. (just the looks)
We might use it in the RPG but it's still unsure.
It's a talent frame where players can select different talents. They will get 11 points to spend but can only select talents next to talents they already learned.
Here are 2 screenshots of how it looks like. The second screenshot shows you 2 different ways of spending the talent points. (in red and yellow)
The middle option (with the +) will be the first 'talent' for every class. This 'talent' wont have any effect but will be needed to go to other talents so basically every class has 10 talent points that are actually used for things.
Every 'talent' will be like a passive ability while every corner talent (example: fan of knives icon) will be an active ability which means the hero can cast it.

Tell me what you think of it!

EDIT: Don't look at my serious fail at MarkSmanship spelling:p

Attachments

• talents.jpg
    talents.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 469
  • talents routes.jpg
    talents routes.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 443
Level 11
Looks nice, good job. The talentorder is kind of new thing :) In my rpg I'll stick to the wowlike tier version.

Level 19
woah! This looks awesome! Hey, while your at it, make a vid of gryphonhold plx :D just showing you walking around on it in game :)

Ty

But can't make a video of that because 1) my wc3 doesn't work for some reason so I can only use World Editor and can't test maps. 2) The camera system doesn't work on the gryphonhold area yet since it's 'floating' and the camera system will move under the unit because of that (this will get solved soon ofc.)

Level 17
One word: awesome!

It reminds me of WoW's talent trees. Is it certain that you will add talents?

Level 19
It's 99% certain we will use these talents. Will be alot of work especially because you need a new destructible for every icon so will need more then 100 destructibles for all classes together but it's seriously worth the work.

I tried to explain the order in the second picture.
You start in the middle with your first talent point. After that you can select one of the 4 options that are at the border of the first talent you already got. After that you can select one of the 3 others next to the middle OR select the icon next to the one you previously selected.
If we would give numbers to the icons it would be easier to understand.

JASS:
1    2    3    4    5
6         7         8
9    10   11   12   13
14        15        16
17   18   19   20   21
4257754890e091d201b33e674b0def4b6702fe6.jpg

You always start at point 11 as your first talent point (the + icon in the screenshots). After point 11 you can take point 7, 10, 12 or 15 because they are next to a talent point you already have. Let's say you got point 10 (the glowing one on the picture) then you're able to select point 9 after that OR just get something like 7, 12 or 15 because you still got the opportunity to select one of those.

Because of this system you are able to create your own 'talent route' when there aren't much restrictions.

Level 19
Yeah ofc.
Eventually difficult systems and things will get in the game so a good documentation will be required aswel.

Level 8
Ehm

Meet screenies...

Attachments

• gg.JPG
    gg.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 278
  • gg1.JPG
    gg1.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 292
Level 6
Talents gives great opportunities for your heroes, as you're not stuck with "play this way, or you suck", but gives more opportunities to adapt your hero, and, both personal and class-specific, make the most of your strengths and the least of your weaknesses, so your hero suits you and your preferred playstyle.

Level 25
Nice, i am actualy developing my own inventory system which uses trackables as well a spellbook system which i will rellease for public to make making this kind of projects much easier ^^

Anyway really nice job, the icon's match perfectly.

[offtop]

You are using trackables right?

Status
Not open for further replies.