• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Icon Requests (graystuff111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I need some practice. And the summer seems like a fine time to get some.
I run out of ideas very quickly, so if you have an icon request, I'll take it.
Here are some examples of my work.

Note: all of these icons were created from requests. My icons are all painted 100% freehand, and I work hard toward quality. Please check my status before posting, and just be thoughtful with your requests. Thankyou
NOTE: I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. I reserve my right to refuse to do whatever, or whatnot.

Level 22
Long time no see Grayzzz, I have an icon request, if you are still taking requests let me know some how.

The image should be 64x64 (It can be larger than 64x64 but I want to keep it small, so under 128x128 please) with an alpha'd background and no border, (This isn't a BTN).

As the image I would like 2 severed hands across from each other, one holding a hammer, the other holding a sickle, the hammer and sickle should line up like the old Soviet emblem. If it is easier to make one of the hand not attached to the hammer or sickle, that'd be okay, I'd like the hands to play into the image as much as possible.

6287.jpg

Thanks Grayzzz.

Last edited:
Level 8
can you make me a 256x256 logo please? It will look good if paint it with your Freehand skill :)

Original picture:
maps_24204_minimap.jpg

1, Enlarge to 256x256
2, remove "black area" at bottom, and move the picture of "mini-map" down. now, the "black area" on the top is 2x bigger
3, Paint the "mini-map" with quality color/design.
4, add good border to the whole map
5, add good background to "black area", and add the word legion TD
6, you can remove the "spawn point" symbol, and "3.3"
7, it is not urgent, 1-2 weeks is fine

Note:
- you don't have to use same color as original picture. you can do anything, as long as the position is 90% correct and it look professional :)

The picture will use as logo, as well as mini-map in game for my map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/legion-td-mega-3-3-a-194224/

To give you idea what will happen to the picture after made. here is an example what it look like if you replace the default mini-map with custom mini-map :
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/112400/
try compare the default mini-map from link above, and the mini-map inside game(after game finish load)

Level 17
Could you please make me a High Elf variation of the defend icon?
Here is what it looks like in case you forgot.

defend.gif

Luorax: BTNFrostTitan.jpgBTNtidal lord.jpg

xRiotZx that sounds like a really hard icon to make, too much in the picture. Mind simplifying it down?

HuanAk you do know this is an icon request right? A map preview is a little different. I don't think I'll ever get to it

MADAWC Spellbreaker shield deflecting arrows? I can do that

Attachments

• FrostTitan.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 67
  • TidalLord.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 75
Level 8
HuanAk you do know this is an icon request right? A map preview is a little different. I don't think I'll ever get to it

it is not a map preview. it is mini map on LEFT-Bottom corner after game start.

99% of map don't have custom mini-map, because it require good paint/draw/freehand skill to make one.

that is why I post on your thread and hope you can give it try with your paint/draw skill.

------------

some information for you : Icon will cause crash on Mac player if you use wrong setting.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/145503-Mac-certain-map-crash-on-selection

Level 22
Luorax: View attachment 105158View attachment 105159

xRiotZx that sounds like a really hard icon to make, too much in the picture. Mind simplifying it down?

MADAWC Spellbreaker shield deflecting arrows? I can do that

Yeah, I suppose, I just want a hammer and sickle with a severed hand attached, do your best, you can make it as large as you want really, but don't put too much detail in because it's only going to be like 64x64 - 128x128.

Also I have a really simple request for you, get to it when you can, I need a stopwatch same dimensions as whatever you make my first request, it should be gold, with an alpha'd background, once again doesn't need much detail as it will be very small. Thanks Grayzzz.

Thanks Grayzzz.

Last edited:
Level 15
Yeah, I suppose, I just want a hammer and sickle with a severed hand attached, do your best, you can make it as large as you want really, but don't put too much detail in because it's only going to be like 64x64 - 128x128.

Also I have a really simple request for you, get to it when you can, I need a stopwatch same dimensions as whatever you make my first request, it should be gold, with an alpha'd background, once again doesn't need much detail as it will be very small. Thanks Grayzzz.

Thanks Grayzzz.
This is the one you originally wanted-I hope it's good enough ^^

Attachments

• StopWatch.blp
    12.7 KB · Views: 91
Level 22
I'm telling you xRiotZx, 64x64 pixels is not enough to make portray all the all the detail you ask for. That is way too much to portray for the image size. So no, I cant do your request.

Okay, well scale it up as large as you need it to be, just don't put too much detail into it, I could still scale it down to 100-128 if you didn't put much detail into it right? I just want it to fit in my sig without taking up the entire space so I can put other things on here too.

Btw your post count is 777. :D

Level 7
Can you make icon of beastmaster doing slam animation ? 2 crossed axe's and beastmaster face with open mouth like screaming or something

Status
Not open for further replies.