1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sunken City v2.4.4c

Submitted by SpasMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

• INFORMATION
    Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
    Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
    Amount of Heroes: 21
    Maximum Level: 18

Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Enemy Handicap
    100%
    120%
    145%
    175%
    215%
    Enemy Bonus Damage
    0%
    30%
    80%
    130%
    170%
    Enemy Bonus Armor
    Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
    0%
    15%
    25%
    35%
    40%
    Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Bonus Gold per Kill
    Bonus XP
    0%
    0%
    1%
    3%
    6%
    Bonus Drop Chances
    0%
    10%
    15%
    20%
    30%
    Starting Gold

• CHANGELOG
    Latest Changelog

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4c [Hotfix] [03.10.2019]
    General Changes
    • Due to issues with the most recent patch, Oris is temporarily no longer required to progress.
    • Temple Guardians being required to progress is temporarily not the case.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4b [Hotfix] [28.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where the Void Sphere could be used indefinetly.
    • Fixed a bug where Captain Drough was not giving correct amount of gold when killed.

Classes
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • Fixed a bug where the agility scaling of the Warhammer Talent had its effect working when you don't have the Talent.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4a [Hotfix] [18.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where Talents could not be reset.
    • The Explorer challenge now states its proper rewards.

Classes
    [​IMG] Death Knight
    • The health of Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead has been increased to 350/600/850/1100 up from 320/450/640/800.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • Fixed a bug where Aqua Shots was sometimes not dealing full damage.

[​IMG] Version 2.4.4. [18.07.2018]
    Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
    • Damage Reduction effects can no longer reduce damage taken below 10% of its original amount. Invulnerability, immunity and complete absorption effects are not affected by this change. This is now stated in the Armor tooltip.
    • Fixed a terrain gap which allowed nagas to swim into the Queen's Tomb Dungeon from the north.
    • Fixed a bug where the Revenants spawned by blue tile traps in the Queen's Tomb gave experience.
    • Finding all Secret Areas no longer incorrectly states that the reward includes lives.
    • The reward for finding all Secret Areas has been reduced to 5 All Stats and 500 Gold down from 10 All Stats and 700 Gold.
    • The Diana and Haris quest givers will no longer leave their position to fight enemies with you.
    • The Hide and Seer quest now rewards 250 experience.
    • The final boss cinematic should no longer start before all the guards are defeated.
    • Floating text for damage taken by the hero now uses a gray color and utilizes the (-) sign.

Classes
    [​IMG] Berserker
    • The attack damage scaling of Skull Split has been increased to 200% up from 150%.
    • Fixed a bug where the Mur'gul Slaves summoned by the Naga Whaler could not be Executed with Skull Split.
    [​IMG] Ice Lancer
    • Attacking already Frozen targets does not accumulate attacks for Cold Touch.
    • Fixed a bug where Drakkari Blessing was overwriting several hero self-buffs.
    [​IMG] Paladin
    • Movement speed increased from 270 to 290.
    • The Divine Hammer Talent now gives Blessed Hammer 6% chance to stun down from 7%.
    • The stun from the Divine Hammer Talent now lasts for 1 second down from 1,5 seconds.
    [​IMG] Priest
    • The proc chance of the Priest's Mastery has been reduced to 0,3% per point of Mastery down from 0,5%.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • The health of Sea Tentacles has been increased to 200/400/600/800 up from 200/300/400/500.
    • The damage increase per point of Intelligence granted to Sea Elementals by the Gift of Neptulon has been reduced to 0,3% down from 0,4%.
    • The Gift of Neptulon Talent now also includes a 0,1% damage increase per point of Agility.
    • The Aqua Shot Talent has been thematically reworked into a new Talent called Queen of the Sea. Actual effect remains the same.
    • The Reptillian Instinct Talent has been replaced with a new Talent: Aqua Shots.
    • The Tidal Shot buff now increases the damage of Liquid Arrows by 10%/15%/20%/25% down from 25%/30%/35%/40%.
    [​IMG] Tidewarrior
    • The Might of the Kraken Talent uses a new icon.
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • The tooltip of Warcry now states its proper duration.
    [​IMG] Witch Doctor
    • Plague Toad no longer provides vision.

Items
    [​IMG] Items

• Fixed a bug where Bloodreaver Scythe reduced the Primary Attribute of heroes.
    • Fixed the model size of Temple Tablet.
    • Fixed a bug where Dark Ranger's Longbow shot extra arrows even if only 1 target was present.
    • Fixed a bug where the Cloak of Revan item gave Shadow Crystals when sold.
    • Fixed a bug where the stat and effect values of Sigil of Al'ar did not reflect the changes from version 2.4.3.
    • The damage dealt by Sigil of Al'ar has been reduced to 50 with 200% Primary Attribute scaling down from 75 with 250% Primary Attribute scaling.
    • Vane's Fate recipe has come to its senses and now properly uses a scroll model instead of a chest.

Archives

• FEATURES
    • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
    • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
    • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
    • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
    • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
    • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
    • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
    • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
    • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
    • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
    • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
    • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
    • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
    • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

• SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• HEROES

Intelligence Heroes Strength Heroes Agility Heroes
    Shaman [1]
    Druid [2]
    Priest [3]
    Mage [4]
    Necromancer [5]
    Warlock [6]
    Witch Doctor [7]
    Warrior [1]
    Paladin [2]
    Death Knight [3]
    Monk [4]
    Tidewarrior [5]
    Dragon Sentinel [6]
    Tinker [7]
    Rogue [1]
    Hunter [2]
    Ice Lancer [3]
    Windmaster [4]
    Berserker [5]
    Demon Hunter [6]
    Siren [7]

• CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:

Note:
    There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

[​IMG]
Contents

Sunken City v2.4.4c (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies....
  1. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Announcement! Garena Clan.

Garena recently removed the button that allows people to request Group invitation. This has forced me to disband the group and transfer everyone in a clan. It seems to have more options, customization and features, so this should overall be a good change.

Do not join the Garena Group anymore!

Join the new Clan instead! Clan ID: 1005258

2. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great map! I used the Spell Thief and dealt quite high damage. It is a great hero siege style map with very neat terrain and interface!

3. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For me. The BloodElf Paladin (Strenght Heroes) is the perfect one if you play in solo, he's tough for sure, what makes him so special is his own abilities, personally, when I play with this one (BloodElf Paladin) I overcome every obstacle, figure many puzzels, I've almost reached the end the final boss, my level is 11. Unique items (the items are so expensive!) ... I failed nearly 8 times (Normal Difficulty)....
    Honestly, I never sow any great map like this one.. Nice Job _@SpasMaster

4. kykeka

kykeka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Definitely a good map but the updates have been ruining it lately, why do you keep nerfing the stat gain items so hard? Soon enough every item will be garbage because you keep tacking on more and more difficulty while nerfing the only good items and making them all expensive.

Add more permanent stat gain items again and make them actually useful, not a limit of 10 or 15. It can be balanced by the cost sure but you've been completely disregarding that some of us like those lately.

5. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Items with permanent stat gains still exist within the game. The issue is that people afk for many hours, spamming whatever they need to spam to gain them and then proceed to destroy everything. I am sorry, but this is not how I envision the map being played. And if you bothered to read previous comments, people actually don't want perma-stat items.

Excuse me, but good items are the ones with interesting effects that somehow influence your build and allow for new and unique strategies. If you call such items garbage, but consider the stat items that you spam all game like a bot "interesting", then I have bad news for you. The limit that is placed there exists for that sole purpose - prevent people from acting like spam bots, only to stop at one point when they reached a certain amount of stats and then destroy everything.

So, in conclusion: You like perma stat items? Sure. But they need some forms of a cap in order to stop them from getting out of control. It's simply retarded if you can get 100+ of an attribute from an item, and an average of 15 from the rest items in the game. And guess what? The problem in this example aren't the items of average 15 per attribute, it's the one that gives 100+.

6. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a solution, may be make the permanent stat proc off from difficult task like a boss kill or something (From the item itself not a game mechanic). Therefore bot won't be "easily" don't but through careful spell casting and exploits like stun/slow kite etc.

7. andw22

andw22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man, you are a very creative and skillful map maker and this map really made me play Warcraft 3 pretty much. It is very challenging and well-structured and it seems to work without problems, but there is a small thing I found: if you forget to get the quest from Kagar and you press one of the four levers by accident, after getting the quest the lever that you pressed will not count for the quest and also you can't press it again. This thing may not happen so often but it happened to me and now I can't do the quest anymore :(. If it's possible, you can make the levers able to be pressed only if you have the quest or be counted after you get the quest. This is the only thing I found and otherwise it's really good. 5/5 from me, after I am a member for 10 days :D

8. kykeka

kykeka

Resources:
    Resources:
    And you don't see how people having to farm for quite some time to finish your map is a problem of your own making? You continuously upping the difficulty while giving players nothing to compensate for it is the reason why I made that post.

You need to give us something to work for in the map other than flash gimmick items that don't help in the end. Maybe like Destiny Knight said, add some more achievements that grant permanent buffs for killing bosses or random consumable boosts.

Also yes I have read the previous comments and your statement confirmed exactly what I said. You have been disregarding those of us who like LATE GAME BONUSES in favor of being weaker early game.

Lastly, "normal" difficulty should be creeps at 100% of their power with base-line abilities making it anything but that is pretty misleading and a stupid design choice.

Edit: Seriously, I enjoyed playing your map a lot in the past and it's very good work but I've found your map is continuously degrading in quality nearly every update. Making the game harder is perfectly fine for the players who want to play on the upper difficulty levels. But don't force it on us who like to relax and run through your map with friends without giving us some sort of compensation.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  9. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let me get one thing clear: Are you a solo player? Do you play this alone? If so, that explains a lot.
    I'll assume you are playing solo for the sake of a bunch of arguments I'm going to make. If you are playing with a team, then disregard this:

1.) Calling this map "hard" is wrong on so many levels, considering you are playing with friends. 3 players can beat any difficulty at any setup. And as soon as they get their first 2 epic quality items, it becomes significantly easier and almost effortless even on the highest difficulties which is why I am increasing the difficulty all the time.
    2.) Ever since day 1 when I created this 5 years ago, I never intended this to be played solo. This is a map that is strictly designed to be played by atleast 2 players. There has never been a moment, ever, where it hasn't been like that. Every change I make, every feature, every item, every ability - all of that is created with 2-3 players in mind. Teamwork and multiplayer experience.
    3.) And even so, I did listen to players who want to play solo. Let me repeat this: I listened, and I made changes, but I will never start to design the map according to solo player needs. I added the starting Grunt to help players in singleplayer. I added the summonable Furbolgs, again, to help solo players. There is Easy difficulty so you can experience the map solo (and, yes, it's 100% totally completable in Easy, solo). Does that mean that I will suddenly change how I think of new features and design, simply because someone plays the map in a way that it has never been designed to be played? Hell, no.
    4.) If you still somehow don't believe what was said in 1.), I gladly welcome you to join our Garena Clan, play with us, and watch us destroy Hell Difficulty. And no, those of us there are not "hardcore" players by any means. Because I've seen "hardcore" palyers who managed to defeat Insane Difficulty with Heroic Mode enabled with 2 players and no healer. I am sorry, but after seeing such things happen and then someone says: "Hey, Normal difficulty is too hard, man. Listen to your players!" And then it turns out he was soloing. Do you get the picture?

I've been adding new features, new mechanics and new ways to build and customize your heroes for the last 1 year. However people like you refuse to see that, because they like to have 1000+ of an attribute (in single player) and destroy everything they see on the screen without any effort whatsoever. To you, good design is perma stat items, while new features like Glyphs for example is "degrading". Cause it's not perma stat spam, right? And because you can't solo the map (for some reasons) with that?

I am sorry, but I refuse to have discussions with people who call perma stat gain a "superior design" and new features like glyphs, challenges, achievements, new enemy abilities and items with effects that improve certain gameplay styles (not a sinlgle stat) and so on "degrading" and "gimmicky".

Please show me someone who made such a comment and wasn't a solo player.
    There already are achievements that give permanent bonuses. There are also Dungeons which give you permanent buffs when completed.

10. Burndead

Burndead

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey. Do you consider making new glyphs or tweaking the old ones?

Regards.

11. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well... yes and no.
    Adding new ones: I am pretty sure I won't add new ones to the main window. It has 12 in it, there is no more space for more within the window. Even if there was, I don't think I want more.
    On the other hand, if I come up with clever and nicely UI-implemented Glyphs ,I might add more.
    Tweaking the old ones: It's definately possible when and if necessary.

12. Josephkh

Josephkh

Resources:
    Resources:
    before anything thanks for such a great map
    1) Thanks for disabling the synergy cheat in 2.1 due to that i can now play single player
    2) may be because of that m get the "i am your daddy" message ending at random times so have to keep saving in frequent interval
    3) getting a error msg and game crash when i try to disable the power generator with the charged rod for the legendary item
    i just read the above comment and have to tell spas this i love playing this game with my brother but when he doesn't stay with me i wasn't able to play alone in v1.7 (i think) but in 2.1 with the synergy i now have to play while balancing and coordinating 2 to 3 heroes which makes it even harder and i absolutely love it and you have added lot of stuff too which take the map to a new level so please keep up with the good work and don't bother with a-holes there are lots of solo players like me who really appreciate this map...
    oh a 1 more bug or something i got the gears b4 i got the quest from the goblin i still complete it but the (!) on the goblin is stuck

13. kykeka

kykeka

Resources:
    Resources:
    No I don't play this map solo, why you would even assume such shows the fact that you're not reading what I've been saying.

If you don't add some sort of stat scaling to items and just use flat bonuses with pretty effects they are indeed gimmicks. Don't take it personally, a lot of people like flashy effects but you need to either make a late game version of them or give them scaling so that they're not useless late game.

Also the achievements and bonuses in your map are very minor compared to everything else you get, if you read what I was suggesting I said you should add more permanent bonuses like more achievements or consumable buffs of some kind. Make them unique if you wish to add more variety to the map but the fact remains that there should be more scaling items or buffs.

The fact that you seem to like to call anyone with contrary opinions to your own a "solo player" just shows that you want to dismiss us instead of trying to improve your map.

I specifically mentioned playing with friends

14. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I placed the whole "solo player" argumentation in hidden tag specifically, in case you have a team.
    -You call a "unique" effect "flashy". Let me inform you that there is giant difference. I care little about visuals. I care about item effects that add mechanics and different builds into the game. But I won't go into this topic since all you want is pure stats. Which is boring however you look at it.
    -You cannot have scaling items in a game where you have item qualities. You have common, uncommon, rare, epic and so on. That is the "scaling" of the game. Items from greater qualities are stronger than the previous ones. Epic items are designed for the late game therefore they don't need scaling.
    -And final thing: You are playing with friends and you have a hard time dealing with Normal difficulty? I assumed you'd be playing solo, because I've never seen a team struggle with a difficulty lesser than Hell. I have no idea what you guys are doing in there, what you are buying and so on, but that's just silly... If your team cannot deal with a simple challenge like that, then its your team that is doing something terribly wrong - not the items.

15. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where the other way to go to the feric's throne

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  16. Josephkh

Josephkh

Resources:
    Resources:
    1)Major shortcut/flaw found near the flesh golem if you use flame warden to cast hydra near the right side of the darken area the darken area lights up then he can cast again on the lower ground which lights up the resurrection stone then your hero can be recalled to it then fight the last boss.
    2)The legend of the jek'ken is bug played the two nagas swim out and collect the small statues, activate it and the quest began but when i slay jak'ken the quest remain unsolved..................
    3)the ultrasafe teleporter does its teleport has completely random chance cause have been using it for 3 hrs by all 3 character but still didnt get teleported to the pheonix area.
    4)It is said there are 6 legendary item.. found five(hammer,bow,staff,dawn,pheonix egg one) how to obtained the last one
    5)Are the 2 tokens for the red item only obtainable from chest?
    oh..last one.. what about tusker and Garthok?what are they...

17. kykeka

kykeka

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Yes you can have scaling items with games that have item qualities, I don't know where you got the idea that it's impossible. You just make the higher quality items have more of a scaling (10% compared to 5% for example).

-No I don't want just pure stats on items and you need to stop sticking to that as your main counterpoint. I want unique effects on items that are useful at the same time, you can add whatever cool effect you want to items and we'll approve of it. But the problem is a lot of the unique effects you add to items have very poor values so while they make the item more interesting ultimately they're not very good.

-Lastly, your final point is seriously to insult the friends that are playing with me? This is why you have such a huge problem understanding where I'm coming from. You are too used to playing with only people who want to play at the highest difficulty level possible.

My friends are not the best at wc3, I know this and still play with them and try to help them improve because they're my friends. Again to reiterate what I've tried to say before is that you need to balance the lower difficulty levels for players who don't play the map often or are not the best players. You are raising the difficulty level way too high for my less experienced friends to have fun anymore because to win they have to stat grind constantly.

What's the point of an easy or normal mode if it is still too hard for a casual wc3 player to beat without stat spamming?

18. Per4atka

Per4atka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please, somebody, at least hint where the anvil ? (Sulfuras weapon)

19. Josephkh

Josephkh

Resources:
    Resources:
    spas i have a request does item that are luck depended can you like make it obtainable from other sources like eg.(1) the altar has a another tribute which is expensive and low rate but give you chances of greater item like epics and the luck depended ones.
    (2)A super expensive item that causes the altar tribute to give chance to drop the luck depended ones ..
    it still make the items luck depended and give alternate source also

20. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's close to the Bordo boss later on in the game. Once you get there, it's hard to miss it. ;)

I like that idea. I'll consider it.