1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sunken City v2.4.4c

Submitted by SpasMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

• INFORMATION
    Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
    Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
    Amount of Heroes: 21
    Maximum Level: 18

Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Enemy Handicap
    100%
    120%
    145%
    175%
    215%
    Enemy Bonus Damage
    0%
    30%
    80%
    130%
    170%
    Enemy Bonus Armor
    Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
    0%
    15%
    25%
    35%
    40%
    Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Bonus Gold per Kill
    Bonus XP
    0%
    0%
    1%
    3%
    6%
    Bonus Drop Chances
    0%
    10%
    15%
    20%
    30%
    Starting Gold

• CHANGELOG
    Latest Changelog

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4c [Hotfix] [03.10.2019]
    General Changes
    • Due to issues with the most recent patch, Oris is temporarily no longer required to progress.
    • Temple Guardians being required to progress is temporarily not the case.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4b [Hotfix] [28.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where the Void Sphere could be used indefinetly.
    • Fixed a bug where Captain Drough was not giving correct amount of gold when killed.

Classes
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • Fixed a bug where the agility scaling of the Warhammer Talent had its effect working when you don't have the Talent.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4a [Hotfix] [18.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where Talents could not be reset.
    • The Explorer challenge now states its proper rewards.

Classes
    [​IMG] Death Knight
    • The health of Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead has been increased to 350/600/850/1100 up from 320/450/640/800.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • Fixed a bug where Aqua Shots was sometimes not dealing full damage.

[​IMG] Version 2.4.4. [18.07.2018]
    Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
    • Damage Reduction effects can no longer reduce damage taken below 10% of its original amount. Invulnerability, immunity and complete absorption effects are not affected by this change. This is now stated in the Armor tooltip.
    • Fixed a terrain gap which allowed nagas to swim into the Queen's Tomb Dungeon from the north.
    • Fixed a bug where the Revenants spawned by blue tile traps in the Queen's Tomb gave experience.
    • Finding all Secret Areas no longer incorrectly states that the reward includes lives.
    • The reward for finding all Secret Areas has been reduced to 5 All Stats and 500 Gold down from 10 All Stats and 700 Gold.
    • The Diana and Haris quest givers will no longer leave their position to fight enemies with you.
    • The Hide and Seer quest now rewards 250 experience.
    • The final boss cinematic should no longer start before all the guards are defeated.
    • Floating text for damage taken by the hero now uses a gray color and utilizes the (-) sign.

Classes
    [​IMG] Berserker
    • The attack damage scaling of Skull Split has been increased to 200% up from 150%.
    • Fixed a bug where the Mur'gul Slaves summoned by the Naga Whaler could not be Executed with Skull Split.
    [​IMG] Ice Lancer
    • Attacking already Frozen targets does not accumulate attacks for Cold Touch.
    • Fixed a bug where Drakkari Blessing was overwriting several hero self-buffs.
    [​IMG] Paladin
    • Movement speed increased from 270 to 290.
    • The Divine Hammer Talent now gives Blessed Hammer 6% chance to stun down from 7%.
    • The stun from the Divine Hammer Talent now lasts for 1 second down from 1,5 seconds.
    [​IMG] Priest
    • The proc chance of the Priest's Mastery has been reduced to 0,3% per point of Mastery down from 0,5%.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • The health of Sea Tentacles has been increased to 200/400/600/800 up from 200/300/400/500.
    • The damage increase per point of Intelligence granted to Sea Elementals by the Gift of Neptulon has been reduced to 0,3% down from 0,4%.
    • The Gift of Neptulon Talent now also includes a 0,1% damage increase per point of Agility.
    • The Aqua Shot Talent has been thematically reworked into a new Talent called Queen of the Sea. Actual effect remains the same.
    • The Reptillian Instinct Talent has been replaced with a new Talent: Aqua Shots.
    • The Tidal Shot buff now increases the damage of Liquid Arrows by 10%/15%/20%/25% down from 25%/30%/35%/40%.
    [​IMG] Tidewarrior
    • The Might of the Kraken Talent uses a new icon.
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • The tooltip of Warcry now states its proper duration.
    [​IMG] Witch Doctor
    • Plague Toad no longer provides vision.

Items
    [​IMG] Items

• Fixed a bug where Bloodreaver Scythe reduced the Primary Attribute of heroes.
    • Fixed the model size of Temple Tablet.
    • Fixed a bug where Dark Ranger's Longbow shot extra arrows even if only 1 target was present.
    • Fixed a bug where the Cloak of Revan item gave Shadow Crystals when sold.
    • Fixed a bug where the stat and effect values of Sigil of Al'ar did not reflect the changes from version 2.4.3.
    • The damage dealt by Sigil of Al'ar has been reduced to 50 with 200% Primary Attribute scaling down from 75 with 250% Primary Attribute scaling.
    • Vane's Fate recipe has come to its senses and now properly uses a scroll model instead of a chest.

Archives

• FEATURES
    • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
    • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
    • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
    • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
    • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
    • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
    • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
    • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
    • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
    • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
    • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
    • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
    • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
    • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

• SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• HEROES

Intelligence Heroes Strength Heroes Agility Heroes
    Shaman [1]
    Druid [2]
    Priest [3]
    Mage [4]
    Necromancer [5]
    Warlock [6]
    Witch Doctor [7]
    Warrior [1]
    Paladin [2]
    Death Knight [3]
    Monk [4]
    Tidewarrior [5]
    Dragon Sentinel [6]
    Tinker [7]
    Rogue [1]
    Hunter [2]
    Ice Lancer [3]
    Windmaster [4]
    Berserker [5]
    Demon Hunter [6]
    Siren [7]

• CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:

Note:
    There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

[​IMG]
Contents

Sunken City v2.4.4c (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies....
  1. Elvish

Elvish

Resources:
    Resources:
    The DK performs very well on the highest difficulty, even without teammates.

2. EvilArchmage

EvilArchmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    My first message here :)
    The map is absolutely stellar and I've been playing it for a while now. I just wanted to report a couple of things:
    1) During a cutscene you can press ESC and have free camera movement, which allows you to scout secrets and unfinished areas.
    2) Some Damaging Type effects don't seem to be affected by Damaging Type modifiers, like Crown of Infinity. For example, Crystal Hammer's passive is unaffected.
    3) If you have a token, the same token can drop again. And since the new updated I've NEVER seen both tokens at the same time.
    4) I don't know if that's intentional, but Jailers get interrupted by attacks from Flametongue Totem, but not my ally or other effects.
    5) I remember a hidden passage with a Golem in the Spider Boss area. Is it closed off intentionally as unused content? Or am I missing a way of opening it?
    6) I know this is a common complaint, but I just have to mention it. There are a lot of keys and other items that are locked behind RNG-drops from enemies. These are extremely rare and don't have the same value. For example, Skeleton Key is almost worthless, where as certain other secret items are very valuable. Do you have any plans of perhaps locking them behind high-level content or even restrict them to certain difficulty levels?
    I'll think of other things at a later time. Thank you for a wonderful map :)

3. Edy

Edy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finished it ono a solo run.
    How do you get to these areas.
    I have scepter of the king, 3 rubbies and can't open the arena gate.

Attached Files:

4. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    missing_area.jpg
    Sector A,B and D are not reachable in this version.If I remember correctly,SpasMaster was planning for a PvP area in sector A.

There is a dungeon named Queen's Tomb in sector C.It's weird that you didn't find its entrance.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. Edy

Edy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yea, my bad I really didn't want to go through that one, that's the one with death traps oneshot tiles etc. I just left it - forgot.
    So where is this area then? - from the screenshots of the map in there.png

6. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    I couldn't remember such a pillar.Maybe it's just a doodad adorning the environment.

7. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a reworked area from the map. It no longer exists as seen in the screenshot.

8. Edy

Edy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahh, I see. I've played it quite a while back many things have changed.
    Way back when the sunker ruins tiles were used in the final boos room and the boss had a pitlord model :p
    Anways love what you've done.
    6/5

Edit: Will there a sequel be coming along?

9. EvilArchmage

EvilArchmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also a couple of things:
    1) Queen's Scepter and its recipe have different descriptions.
    2) Will Shadow Crystals have more uses added to them? Right now I only need 4 of them for an item, the rest can be spent on tomes.
    3) Sunken City is one of the biggest and most polished maps for Warcraft 3. Are there any plans (or is it even possible) to translate the map to different languages? I'm not talking about bookshelves, but in-game descriptions, Talents, Glyphs and the rest.
    Also wanted to mention this. If anyone has a 2.4.4b save and cannot progress through the gates because of Oris/Bel'Shan bug, I can assure you it is absolutely possible to beat the entire map and not miss a single thing using some tricks. And if you're playing with a friend, you can even save them if they're stuck controlling a Temple Guardian. I have an entire strategy on that :D
    can't save you if you're controlling Oris though... that's a dead end

10. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    Translating a map,even an encrypted one,is not that hard.With the help of some tools,you could extract the map into several parts such as w3u,w3p,w3a,wts and war3map.j,which could be edited by WorldEditor or Notepad.

The real challenge is keeping up with SpasMaster,who updated SunkenCity too frequently in the past.There were some translated versions in different languages from time to time,but none of them is v2.4.4c.Since SpastMaster has been planning a BIG update,I think all translators had better wait for a while until a stable version is released.

11. EvilArchmage

EvilArchmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting. I didn't even know there were translated versions.
    I always wanted a Russian version of the map. While I can understand absolutely everything, my brother is having some difficulties reading Talents, for example. Maybe after the big update (2.4.5?) we'll see some translated versions again.
    also one more thing. After reloading the map a couple of times some effects completely vanish. DK's W is invisible, lightning effects are gone. I wonder if that's a problem on my end.

12. DrHunterZ

DrHunterZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just made an account here to say this: Please consider making this map for WC3:Reforged (if Custom Maps will be a thing). I already love this and 10/10 would play again on the remastered. Cheers SpasMaster, beautiful map

P.S: I've played this map for a while, but today a friend came over and played after some years, still fun as hell.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  13. Restia

Restia

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to make this map can be read in frozen throne? I have move this map into warcraft 3 > campaigns and it's not worked.. When i see the type of the file i change the location of this file to warcraft 3 > maps and didn't happen..

14. EvilArchmage

EvilArchmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map needs to be put in your Documents > Warcraft III > Maps folder. If you can't see the map, you might have an old version of Warcraft.

Also wanted to post some bugs here.
    1) Rogue can teleport on walls and behind the scenes with his Q easily.
    2) The door to the final boss opens when you approach it. You don't have to kill the enemies guarding it and the cutscene won't trigger. It also messes up the quests.
    3) I finally found a way to consistently get both tokens. Problem still remains tho. Also more than 2 tokens may drop.
    4) You can easily and PERMAMENTLY kill the dummies (not the tank one).
    5) Bel'Shan sometimes (a lot of the times) just stops attacking and moving, which makes the bossfight trivial.
    6) Final boss has a "Rain of Fire" mechanic. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Your character involunarily moves like a peasant taking damage, but there is no damage. Or fire.
    7) I have a feeling that sometimes lifestealing effects don't work. I checked it multiple times by engaging enemies that don't have disables or Curse. Sometimes my hero just starts taking a lot of damage and seemingly cannot outheal it, but green healing text still appears.
    8) The boss guarding Twin Corridors key. His Hot Feet challenge is a real pain in the butt, considering his explosions have enormous hitboxes and can sometimes hit you diagonally (???).
    9) During my runs saving and loading the game becomes harder and harder. As time goes by it either takes ages to load and quit the game or it just freezes my game completely. Perhaps this is a problem on my end? Or the map is just so crammed full of stuff?
    I know some of these might've been reported already. Also some of these are rare. Still I can't check all 167 pages of discussions :)
    Thank you for an amazing map again, Spasmaster.

15. martin123456

martin123456

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is MEMORY PROBLEM same for me [problably all people], when i check memory w3, it all time slowly make bigger and bigger, my total ram is 4G and aplication war3 get 2K memory used in 1-2 hour play, it possible play single player with save/load restart W3 game [actualy even when exit map, war3 still keep memory used xD] but in multiplayer when players are all time diferent it imposible, max time for me is 2 hour time after war3 take memory like 2.5G and game start lagging like hell and later propably even get error

16. EvilArchmage

EvilArchmage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know about memory leaks, I was just wondering if it can be fixed in any way. I have 8gb of RAM and by the end of Sunken City Warcraft3.exe takes up 6.5gb! To be fair it's not a problem with Sunken City, I tested it with different maps and some of the bigger ones cause this as well. How can I fix this though? :D