• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StrikheeeeEEErr oRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21

"Well the names are not too creative, but in the game you won't even notice the entrace to other creep areas...
After i added the FPS engine, i tested the map, and i wondered in the forst for about 30 minutes, and then i found the entrace to the other creep zones... It is quite hard, and the places' positions really don't matter now...

No... not the school...personal problems... i don't want to and i don't need to talk about that now and/or here...

Level 21
Well DrunkenPanda200 is right, i fell asleep when i was thinking at the name, but i like it that way...

And Handycombinder, it's no problem that you asked, i answered, :razz: and i can't mind on your opinion... maybe after some1 will do my request, or i'll have time to work for that... maybe then i'll can release a demo...

Level 5
Vercas: Ups sorry, sholuldnt have asked
Well, its an ok name if just its a good rpg :)

Well of course the most important thing is that the RPG itself turns out good.
But as I always say: "Names give power!" In other words, names can greatly change the way people look at things. My username is an excelent example of a name that people respect... ok maybe my name is not the best example but still.

Level 17
"Names give power!" In other words, names can greatly change the way people look at things. My username is an excelent example of a name that people respect... ok maybe my name is not the best example but still.
, you had better took my username :p

As for the map, the pet system, can you control the pet or/and does it attack nearby enemies automatically? It would be cool if you do/did that that pets automatically attack nearby enemies. The rest all looks nice, I only don't like the terrain very much, it's a bit to plain at some places and on some places to chaotic/full, it doesn't look natural.

Level 5
I can do it... But I don't suppose you want anyone to do that for you. And it sounds incredibly exhausting. I must be careful not to lose my reputation as a layabout

Level 5
Haha, I did not mean that HE would waste energy xD. I meant that I, as the worst layabout in the world, would be extremely exhausted from needing to rewrite everything (every little dialog in the map). Which is a joke (as I hope you understand)

Level 8
what do Pokemon's are? i really don't know

Pokemon's are actually animals.
Lets take a look at pikatchu and raitchu.
Pikatchu is a Mouse and raitchu is a Rat.
Squirtel is a turtle. (like everyone knows i think)
If you go and look it up every Pokemon has some of the characteristic's of an animal.

on topic:
well this is looking good but i don't like the harpy nest it seems man made and to big for a harpy nest try making big trees whit Nest's in them that would look better :)

Level 21
Damn, I don't like terrain.
Grass tiles to not fit to scourge.
To less doodads used.
On some placed FAR TO MUCH.
And ofcourse I didn't played it so I may be wrong.
Anachron, Look here:, register, and take a look at the screenshoots in the screenshoots section and see! Almost 10.000 doodads... There are the right screenshoots :slp:

And, Archangel_Tidusx, my natural language isn't english, i am from Romania, as Hanycombiner thinks, and people from Romania speak romanian, usually.

[K40$]-Spectre, that was NOT the smartest joke i evey heared.
I am lacking time, not energy and remember this. Write it to your board if you don't trust your head!(Jester's line!)

Phoonix, that's a good idea :smile: i think i'll open up the world editor today and take a few more screenshoots :thumbs_up: and do some work :wink:. You gave me motivation :nw:, not too many people are so polite :nw: ! Thank you!

Level 8
:eekani: what did i say :eekani: :smile:
Well i could also say it sucks and that you should get a life and read some ffs tutorials but i don't. Wy? well i know how hard it is to finish a project and many people just rush into a thread comment like omg i don't like it it looks like shit bla bla bla. but when you see their projects it hardly looks better and i just hate that. threads like this are supposed to give idea's and improvements. not to flame or give bad comments and then leave :thumbs_down: if you comment on a project you should always say what the person could do to improve it :angry:. i think they should make a rule of it :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Gah, my eyes! All those green smileys! They weaken me!
lol. on-topic:
Good to see you got some motivation now :p I hope this project gets finished or at least to a state when it is playable xD
Well, technically no wc3 projects ever get finished. People tends to get bored with them too fast. And then there of course is this evil plague phenomena called "real-life", which even I myself has started to notice.

Anyway good luck :thumbs_up:

Oh, and those harpy nests would maybe look a little bit better if you resized some of them? If it is possible to do that. I dunno since I haven't even opened WE in like 4 months.

:eekani: what did i say :eekani: :smile:
Well i could also say it sucks and that you should get a life and read some ffs tutorials but i don't. Wy? well i know how hard it is to finish a project and many people just rush into a thread comment like omg i don't like it it looks like shit bla bla bla. but when you see their projects it hardly looks better and i just hate that. threads like this are supposed to give idea's and improvements. not to flame or give bad comments and then leave :thumbs_down: if you comment on a project you should always say what the person could do to improve it :angry:. i think they should make a rule of it :thumbs_up:

In addition:
Most of the hosted maps are garbage imo. It's much better to spend a lot of time making a good map, than a little time making a shitty map.
Take dark invasion, for example.

Level 21
Archangel_Tidusx, this is right.
I worked on my map for a long time. In last 2 months i did no progress...
I want to reach perfection.
I have a lot, but really a lot of problems with the FPS, especialy with the movement.
I saw that the minimum camera height to the ground is 100.00, and this pisses me off. Because of that i have to resize everything in my map.
I am trying to reduce the doodads, because i use high resolution trees.

Please, join this forum and discuss there.
http://strkorpg.monsterforum.net
I will add a General Discussion today.

Archangel_Tidusx, this is right.
I worked on my map for a long time. In last 2 months i did no progress...
I want to reach perfection.
I have a lot, but really a lot of problems with the FPS, especialy with the movement.
I saw that the minimum camera height to the ground is 100.00, and this pisses me off. Because of that i have to resize everything in my map.
I am trying to reduce the doodads, because i use high resolution trees.

Please, join this forum and discuss there.
http://strkorpg.monsterforum.net
I will add a General Discussion today.

Don't let it discourage you. Everything takes time. You'll get it sooner or later.

On a rpg i was working on a while back, I had placed the maximum number of doodads, and i realized i needed a higher cliff level, so when i adjusted the cliff level, it put all the destructibles underground while also leaving some above ground. It sucked. I had to individually raise all of them. I did it though, and i made much more progress.

Joined the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.