• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Realm of Nexion ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
____________Realm Of Nexion_______________

This is my first orpg, I started in October last year but after two months I was tired and just didn't continue .
Now i start again with more ideas , new heros and alot of stuff .

Probably the first version will be called .. Realm of Nexion.The awakening of the Gods .

I wanna make the best orpg ever in warcraft and for that i made a forum where poeple can put their ideas about the perfect orpg .
Some details about the map .
Characters : Barbar,Paladin,Death Knight,Templar, Holy Priest, Dark Priest, Feral Druid , Spirit Druid , Ice Mage , Fire Mage, Warlock , Shaman , Summoner and Rogue .

In the first version will probably be just 8 characters .

The story is about some Death Gods that want to destroy the sacred land Nexion and some heroes want to protect it.
I will work on a wonderfull story after i finish all characters . I have already the idea but i don't want to post it before i finish at least 75% .

Progres untill now .
Terrain . 95%
Character Models . 80%
Spells . 5 %
Mobs . 5%
Boss . 0%
Quests 0%
Items 0%
Save/Load system 100%
trigers . 40%

Right now im working on spells .I don't have very much time becouse im also working on another warcraft map and starcraft 2 , so im prety busy .

I wait some ideas, or help from you .
Terrain Picture .
orpg.png

http://img5.imageshack.us/f/orpg.png/

Last edited:
Sounds fun, now making it the best orpg is going to be a challenge mate, a hard one. For starters if your terrain is 95% finished, mind posting it? To get people interested. Next you should make a story/lore about Realm of Nexion. Then start making stories of characters. Add some details about what spells your making, what unique features is this OPRG going to have.
Good luck!

Sounds like pretty much every other ORPG post.

I want to make an ORPG, it's going to revolutionize ORPGs because.....

These are the classes:
-Basic Tanks (warrior, paladon, etc. etc.)
-Basic Spellcasters (mage, warlock, etc. etc.)
-Basic Ranged (ranger, archer, etc. etc.)

I'm going to have a:
-Custom inventory
-Custom blablablabla (normally something like quests, hero selection etc. etc.)

The story will be about evil coming to yada yada and the good heroes that want to stop said evil.

List things and how much progress is on them

Come on, come up with some original idea - make this an ORPG no ones ever seen before - atm, pretty much all Wc3 ORPGs turn out to play nearly exactly the same and the monotony makes them barely worth playing.

Level 3
You will se that my orpg will be very different from the others .
But if you can come with some ideas if you want .

Level 3
I want people share their ideas , becouse some of them would like to make an orpg map , but they don't know how to do it . So I can do something that they like , but if only I like it to .

Level 3
you ask to much :)) , i don't want to make the most developed orpg , I'm trying to make poeple play something else except DOTA .
Custom inventory , I'll see about that , and talent tree maybe in another version becouse i have just 2 months to finish it and I still havent finished Naruto world season 3 .

I proved my point, you say to much. You cant make the best orpg. I don't want you to lose your hopes but that should be clear to you. There are many games except dota which are really good and are still not played. Only two months to finish the best orpg in Wc3? That's not much, many people have worked for years and didn't succeed in making the best oprg. Try forming a big team, that way it will be easier for you but still not enough to finish it in two months.

Well you could definitely work to avoid cliche "zone" places:
-Mystic Woods: this sort of thing is always the same - woods, which when you add fog is suddenly MAGICZORZ - and yet is still only populated with all you can kill gnolls/wolves/furbolgs.
-Dark Spooky Scourge place: Apparently it's an unwritten rule that you have to kill the undead some time or another in any orpg. This area is pretty much always lots of blight tiles and dead trees, maybe a few random crypts and tons of ghouls and banshees. Now if someone could find a way to actually make this scary then it would be worth playing.

Also while terraining, your going to want to make places have definitive roads through them and work to create landmarks in the area - these sorts of things make the places actually worth exploring instead of chugging through a square filled with tree spam and random spawns. These sorts of things also make navigating easier, as you have discernible places to reference (like saying "go to the big tree" - obviously the big tree has to be special, or else you wouldn't call it the big tree).

Level 10
i say i like it, but i pretty much agree with all the other posts(yes i read them) your map is gonna be pretty much the same as other orpgs. If you want stuff to be unique and awsome, you have to think of ideas that might not even be makable using the warcraft engine, then try making that idea.
EXAMPLE:
-make it a first person
-Make weapons diffrent depending on what u equip(needed for that first person
-MAke the fighting style not just u clicking on enemy,
-cange controls to WASD for movement and mouse to look around. Then make clicking as weapon slashing, and spells on screen bottem, you can make a spell book that contains all spells you learnt but only some will appear on ur spell bar(you can change which spells appear)
-make attack combos
-make reputation system where if you attack too many humans(you said its gonna be a orgp right?(Online Role-Playing Game) town guards will attack you
-Weapon enchant system
-Bombs
-Mounts(changes attacks,
-Bow and arrows(you can use ranged , you fight like in FPS games, but instead of a gun, you got a bow.
-Sheilds that normaly gurad a little of the sheild arm but can press right moue button for it to cover your front torso, but you cant attack

All of those will make your orpg really epic

Level 3
I really like the idea
-make reputation system where if you attack too many humans(you said its gonna be a orgp right?(Online Role-Playing Game) town guards will attack you

Level 10
@Wherewolftherewolf - Morrowind?, what's that, anyway, im just listing some good ideas that you cant find in many orpgs for WC3, WC3 was an 3rd person game, by making it a 1st person, your kinda breaking out of the WC3 mold.

BTW, theres a simple trigger system for that first person view, but for the clicking as wep attack, thats gonna be harder

@Wherewolftherewolf - Morrowind?, what's that, anyway, im just listing some good ideas that you cant find in many orpgs for WC3, WC3 was an 3rd person game, by making it a 1st person, your kinda breaking out of the WC3 mold.

3rd person works best because 1st person is hard to make work without mouse controls (which are impossible in wc3). Morrowind is a first person rpg that came out a while ago that's supposed to be really good (I don't own it so I've never played it long enough to say what I think).

Level 10
i never said that to completely obliterate mouse control, just so its more life a FPS, but u got swords and bows instead of guns. Attacking is based on your clicking and what ur facing and what ur near. if your using sword, you HAVE to walk up close before being ably to initiate an attack, where in normal wc3, you just right click and ur char walks up to enemy and starts hacking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.