• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story & Lore Mini-Contests ~ Reincarnation of a Dead Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hmm...
My start at least is rather simple. Here's a WiP. It's not the beginning of the story exactly, but close enough. I intend to make it more unique and complex later on. I like things with a few meanings by the way, so that's what i will most likely do. Note that this WiP might be changed at least slightly when i finish the story.
...Near the ruins of the wall, lay piles of corpses. There were crows and other scavengers all around, but there was too much carrion even for them, despite the fact that quite many soldiers were burned to cinders during the battle. Oddly enough, animals weren't the only living creatures left here, even though the scale of massacre was too great for any sane human to want to come within a mile of this place. A man was walking around the battlefield, peering at one pile of corpses or another, then shaking his head and moving on. The man didn’t look that different from the corpses himself. He wore old, patched and torn robes, walked by leaning on a large staff. He had his hood up, which hid his face. The hands that held the staff were colourless, dry, hard, they looked very old and reminded of tree branches a little. Finally, the man stopped before one of the corpses. It was a corpse not that much different from any other at first glance – it wore a silvery-grey armor, had black hair, two rather large swords lying on the ground nearby. But upon closer inspection there was something different. The corpse was in a much better shape than the rest – carrion eaters haven’t touched him, even his grey eyes were intact, even though one of them looked as if touched by fire slightly. His face was scorched at one side, and the armor around his left hand looked like it had started to melt, then cooled down again. There were scratches and scrapes on his armor, and in places where his armor was broken there were wounds on his body too. There wasn't a single serious wound though. It looked likely that bleeding and exhaustion killed him rather than a single mortal wound. The old man looked around. There were piles of ashes scattered around the corpse. “Yes… Yes. This one will do very nicely.” The old man thought.

Level 19
‘’Charge! For King and Country!” he cried out in rage and fury as he spurred his men onwards, into the enemy ranks. He held his spear into the air and rode forward on his stallion, digging his feet into the flanks of the horse. He looked backwards and saw that they followed him, each of them in a crazy frenzy. He was not fooled, however. They were all afraid. He could see it in their eyes. The eyes always betrayed someone and he could see the sparkle of fear in everyone’s eyes. Nonetheless they rode with him, into almost certain doom for most of them. True bravery was not the absence of fear, but ignoring those fears, he realized proud as he looked over his shoulder at them. These were brave men, truly, and he had been blessed to lead them into war, into battle. And now they charged, not for glory nor pride, but for duty, preferable to the earlier two. He grinned like a maniac as he fastened the pace, staring at the enemy ranks, disorganized, but great warriors and with many. This was what the stories spoke of so highly and now he was going to be one of those stories, as he had hoped for in his younger days. Perhaps it was also partially for glory and perhaps he shouldn’t be so pessimistic, the rider thought to himself as they came closer and closer. Most of them had seen their charge but a lot of them were still gawking at his lord, his king, who was fighting a lonely battle, surrounded and trapped. They were close now. He felt the wind softly stroke his skin and play with his hair. The skin of his horse was soft, too, he noticed for the first time as his legs rested against its flanks. It was as if he actually felt the world for the first time, in these small moments.
And then came the crashing of spears and horses. One moment he had been on a horse, the other moment he was on the ground with an arrow in his eye. Gods, it hurt so terribly, he thought to himself as he cried out in pain and anguish, the pain paralyzing him. What cruel gods had created pain, the most undesirable of feelings? His vision was now clouded with darkness on one side. He saw men fighting, making their way to his lord, while pain consumed him. It became the centre of every thought and in his mind he cursed gods, kings and men, perhaps in a way to cope with the pain, until he felt himself weakening. He found himself spitting blood out on the ground with every passing second, the strength flowing out of him. The vision of his left-eye, his working eye, was diminishing. He tried to fight against it, against the inevitable prospect of death, but he was losing the battle, nonetheless fighting till the end, untl darkness overtook him.

Last edited:
Level 12
“Blood of scarlet. This crimson flow shall make you anew.”

The words echoed in his mind. Darkness was only to be seen. But then he realized his eyes, or what was once them, had been kept shut. He opened one of them, a glaring light immediately greeting him. He noticed only one side saw anything. A quick touch with a fleshy hand revealed that his right eye was missing, only a hollow socket ready to accommodate it, wherever it was.

He lay on bloodied table. To his surprise, most of his parts were still intact; in fact he was in relatively good condition, though it was a pain to sit up. Doing so made him experience several pains around his joints, especially by his right shoulder which he used to prop himself up upon the spacious table. One quick glance at his surroundings revealed a unkempt messy hall that housed the same table he was seated upon, except they were empty. An unlit light hung above each table, the wires extending high into the air till it disappeared into the vast emptiness of invisible smog and muck. All around him, a sea of similar tables, all in perfect symmetry and order lay still there. Only his light was lit, like a candle in the darkness.

As he was continuing to look around him, he heard an echo. Something falling onto the ground? No. Perhaps the place was too vast to tell. He strained harder. It was something, hitting the stained concrete. A bucket? Definitely not, he dismissed the idea. Something smaller. It was then he realized the sound continued in an even slow pace. Footfalls. Something approaching.

Before he could figure out from which direction, a single scrawny voice pierced the silence. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

He took a glance around and found the source of the voice. A tiny man, no taller than 5 feet, dressed in a white robe stained with all sorts of dark colors with shiny rubber gloves and matching shoes. He simple stood there, a wide smile deceptively hidden under a white bushy moustache and thick snowy eyebrows that held themselves up. He was bald, save for some sparse hairs that still stuck out on the sides.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Haha yeah I really had some trouble with the last few lines, tried to make it fit into the story... let me sum it up broadly (very, very broadly) : The 1st strofe is in present time - the prophet enters the grove, and comes across the paladin/soldier's grave, so a wild idea appears - he will reanimate the soldier to abide by his will. Then strofe 2 - 12 is telling a story about what had happened on that day, and explains how both the warlock and the paladin had fallen. then the last few strofes is just the prophet animates the paladin and now they pwn and stuff :pP took me literally half an hour to think out, I was very inspired at the time ... And oh aaaa rhyme scheme is odd, I know, but at the time it felt right :pP

Level 7
Here's my WiP, fair warning it's lengthy.

“Are you sure you saw him die?” The man was in his late forties, his brown hair starting to grey slowly within his neatly trimmed beard and his hair as it fell about his shoulders. His garb was white, bordered by crimson. Both his cloak and doublet had a four point crimson star on a silvery flame; in the center of the star was a white eye with a golden pupil: the crest of the Lord Regent of the realm.

“Aye, m’lord. Stabbed through the heart, he was. Died right ‘fore my eyes, he did. Six moons ago.”

The Lord Regent studied him for a moment, weighing his words carefully. “I’ve seen the Commander suffer many wounds that no mere man can suffer. If you’re certain he is dead, this is bad news indeed.”

The peasant allowed no time for consideration before he spoke once more. “And they lopped off his head, an older man, twice your age methinks, my lord. Told him his time to serve as a mortal was complete, whatever that may mean.” He looked weary, as though he had not understood what had transpired with the Commander, giving him a sincere tale, sure enough.

“Thank you. Lydia, see to it that this man is fed well and paid a silver for this information,” A woman rushed to his side and took him by the arm then led him out of the chambers. “Galtor, you have the tower and command here until I return, I have much I must look into.”

Galtor was a large man, his voice was larger still and many people were compelled to obey the booming voice, but he spoke little. His words were filled with both wisdom and command, making him the idea advisor and guard commander. “My lord, if you would allow me, Elgrid has been sighted not more than a fortnight ago. I am certain of it. I trust this particular source, it has not steered me wrong in my life.”

“Indeed so, walk with me Galtor.” He stood from his seat, affixing a seal to one last document, then strode out of the chamber, his white cloak flowing about him and the big man at his heels. As he walked by the door he grabbed a solid white oaken staff that was laid on several pegs, in the crown of the staff was a sapphire within several gnarled claws. “I have reason to believe that your source is right, as well as this man. Though, that is what troubles me.” He turned down a flight of stairs into a courtyard, where dozens of young men were training with swords, shields and bows. Commands rang out over the hum of bowstrings, the ring of steel and the thump of the shields blocking the blows. Still, the Lord Regent’s voice was heard over the commotion.

“You don’t believe it to be brigands do you?” Galtor was no stranger to the ways of brigands, but to suggest that they were able to kill the most resilient man he had ever seen would suggest a ploy that was well thought up. It was obvious that Galtor was brooding on the threat of an assault on the city, it would be a heavy blow to order in the realm. “I don’t think they would be this organized, let alone be so bold to attack Elgrid; even more so foolish to execute him and don his armor.”

“It wouldn’t be foolish if they had a way to fool everyone into thinking he is still alive and try to ransom him back to us for a large sum, only for us to receive him as an imposter and pay for nothing. It would be a fitting place for brigands, they’ve been few and far between for six years now, but I fear that is not the case.” The noises of the training yard were behind them now, the grounds were quiet. Outside the keep the city bustled with noise and people; within the walls it was relatively quiet save for the training that occurred within the courtyard outside the southern entrance from dawn until dusk. They took a left down a walkway that had shrubs growing alongside it; the building at the far end of the walkway was nestled within a grove on the edge of a small pond.

“What are you suggesting, then? We have no enemies, not in plain sight. Nor would they dare attack a high ranking officer of the Lord Regent.” The big man’s rugged face furrowed at the thought of an open attack and war.

“I’m suggesting a foul magic, an enemy far worse than one you can fight with steel. I believe it to be the work of necromancy.” They neared the building, a young red haired woman bowed as they walked past her and stopped at the door.

“You’re not serious now, are you? The thought of such a thing is just…”

“Just what, exactly, Galtor?” He beckoned the woman over to him and handed her his staff, “Return this to my chambers.” She bowed once more and scurried off, fearing the wrath of Galtor.

“It’s ill-suited of the Lord Regent of the realm. You know that it can’t be. That’s a ridiculous assumption.” His big mail-clad hand rested upon the Lord Regent’s shoulder gently, “I know you’ve believed in many things that most think myths and simple tales, and seen more than what’s told in those, but listen to me, my friend. There are much more pressing matters than the ramblings of those dusty tomes. Knowledge is power, yes, but the right knowledge. If you study the wrong thing it’s like taking an arrow to match a ballista, you’re just fooling yourself. Leave this be.”

He stared straight at Galtor’s eyes, “You’re my most trusted friend, and you’re also most suited to rule while I’m gone. Find the man you see most worthy of command while I find the bottom of this.” He turned and wheeled, brushing off the mailed hand as it balled into a fist, he slipped through the door and closed it behind him.

“Damnit Lorcan, don’t be a fool!” Galtor shouted as his fist struck the door with a loud thump. His footsteps could be heard as he stormed off back to the tower.

Level 10
After 3 years of inactivity, I shall be a part of this community once again.
It's a fantasy story set in the world of Warcraft - as a tribute to the game which gifted me with tons of endless fun.

920 word WIP. Two short poems/songs included as part of the story. This is also the first time ever I finalize a poem work, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

“What do you think this one is? Dwarf? Gnome? Human? Could even be an Elf!”
“Enjoying your work just like the first day, uh?”
The two gnomes looked at each other and exchanged a brief smile before proceeding with their new cargo.
“Do you think we will ever succeed? It’s as if my memories of the outside world are slowly fading away… ”
“It’s been a long time, but the fate of this war is not written yet.”
Both the tiny figures held their breath, only to release it soon after in a long, loud sigh. Later on, and after a bit of walking, the two began to mutter words silently.
The murmuring slowly took the form of a song.

“Towards the eternal glow
We reap what we sow
The furnace is our home
And it shall be our tomb

Two sides of the same coin
Just like Death, whom we join
Our home, shelter and refuge
With its flames, it shall be our final deluge

Oh great furnace, custodian of Death
Let us catch, but one last breath
Take us within your embrace
Show us the eternal grace”

The song became a lament as the duo approached the flaming monstrosity told in their song.
A cinder-spewing colossus stood before them, tall as the sky, big as a Frost Wyrm, unforgiving as only Death could be.

It was believed by the gnomes that the Furnace was host to a great and ancient fire spirit, who held unimaginable power and made it a living being. The heat and noise it emitted could be heard all the way to Ironforge.
The two gnomes were only mere keepers, and their task was to dispose of the war’s large victim counts. The great Furnace was located in the heart of the battle, in the icy Storm Peaks.

But, all of a sudden, the Forge was enshrouded in silence and the whirling flames contained within ceased their all-consuming acivity.
Both the gnomes looked around as if something was to happen. Never-ending seconds passed until a gentle breeze swept through the gigantic halls and the duo started pushing the cart again.

Then, a boom. The enormous columns and walls, made of the strongest stone a miner could pick, started to rumble, almost screaming in pain.

“IT IS NOT YOUR TIME!”
A deep voice roared, shaking the walls one more time.
“YOU FOUGHT BRAVELY, BUT THIS WORLD NEEDS YOU ONCE AGAIN”
The cart abandoned to itself, the two gnomes running as if felhunters were chasing after them.
“ARISE, RAEDRAS. ARISE, AND BE THE TITANS’ END. LEAD THE RACES OF AZEROTH TO VICTORY ONE MORE TIME!”

Flames began to erupt from the Forge and head towards the helpless cart, which absorbed the full might of the cinders but somehow managed to remain intact and unaffected.

And what few seconds before was a corpse lying on a cart, now stood up as a muscular and imposing human. His memories, his whole life began flashing before his own eyes.

“FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED” Ignis echoed, encircling the human with flames.
The latter was magically encased in his battlemage’s armor and suddenly found himself in the midst of a great snowstorm.
The battle around him raged endlessly, as he could hear the sounds of swords clashing on stone. The ravens and vultures winged in great numbers but were soon pushed away by the wild magic going in all directions and by the snowstorm raging on.

Raedras rose up, and looked around in confusion. Although he realized he was at the epicenter of the warfare, he still didn’t understand what was going on.

“GOLEM!” a nearby Orc shouted, as the aforementioned creature bashed the ground, where Raedras stood, with relentless power.
As if he woke up from a coma, Raedras realized what happened and who he truly was.

He was Raedras Aideron, commander of the Human forces stationed at the Terrace of the Makers to retaliate the Titans back into their gateway.
He was one among thousands of soldiers, coming from all over Azeroth, that believed the world’s creators could be prevented from also being its unmakers.

As though to celebrate his recovery, the human leader conjured a sphere of pure arcane magic and ripped the Titanic construct apart. He quickly pushed the snowstorm away with a strong breath of wind, allowing the soldiers to see clearly.

And there, he saw Azeroth’s greatest enemies, and makers, in their full might. The Titans swept through the battlefield the way Humans stomp ants. The armies they led were second to none, both in dexterity and in intelligence. And as one fell, another one took its place, born to life by the mere presence of the universe upholders.
The Titans were formidable opponents, but not invincible. Defying death allowed Raedras to see crystal clear – he could not win this war alone. Using a tongue-twisting spell, he began to sing a song comprehensible to the multitude of soldiers present on the large snowy fields.

“Towards the eternal glow
We reap what we sow
Azeroth is our home
And it shall be our tomb

Two sides of the same coin
Just like Death, whom we join
The Titans, with all their might
Shall tremble, like mere mortals, at our sight

Once benign creators
Now this world’s greatest traitors
Azeroth is not going to fall
As long as one of us stands tall

Come, beings of unbridled wrath
That everything unmake on their path
Come, and face your end
For this is our final stand”

Last edited:
Level 22
The Legend of Daemos

It was a rainy night, on the 10th of September, a night lost in obscurity, but surrounded by circumstances that engulf you with a sense of disbelief. Somewhere on the English plains, a place called Appleton prospered under the rule of a Duke, whom the people came to know as Daemos, but little more did they understand, for the Duke confined himself to a keep at the center of Appleton. The townspeople never bore sight of the Duke, only his guard captain, who often spoke in his stead. The guard captain was held with low regard, as his duty did dictate so. Informing the people of tax increases, and an impending war with France became a dangerous deed. But upheaval was never at a climax like the night of September 10th, when even the King feared his people. That fateful day, guard captain Thomas Maybury received word from the English army’s oligarchy, stating a draft was to be held at the town center, where the strong, able-bodied males were to be enlisted into the King’s army. The news was disheartening to the captain, but Thomas knew a war was the least of his worries. The drought that had swept the area and newly proposed tax increases on trade goods created a civil unrest in local counties, Appleton was not immune. A man named Benjamin Baxter stirred the outrage for months at the weekly gatherings. His hatred for the Empire grew from the death of his wife many years before. She was suspected of witchcraft and burned at the stake, and Benjamin never forgot the injustice committed by his beloved fatherland. The morning of September 10th, Thomas was to hold a town meeting and announce the upcoming draft. Escorted by personal bodyguards numbering 12, he entered the town center and stepped up to the dais, to see a hundred prying eyes beating down on his warm skin. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he removed his speech from a pouch. “People of Appleton, a troublesome matter has arisen for your families, as well as mine, war with France is now upon us, and the King’s army must be assembled to combat the threat of a tyrannical foreign power. You,” a long pause ensued, “The people of Appleton have been selected to hold a draft for the King’s army.” No one said a word, and many eyes filled with tears, but the repose was short lived, the men were furious, but none more than Benjamin, who stood to his feet and yelled out, “Your King will not take our children from us! Nor will we allow him to!” From his rant, tempers grew, and the rest of the townspeople rose up in agreement, Benjamin then continued, “We will not sit idly by as politicians and royal dictators destroy our country!” “I say to hell with the King, and to hell with the Duke!” The people began to chant “Death to the King!” “Death to the Duke!” When the bodyguards began to restrain the furious people, one grabbed a hold of Benjamin… Baxter slithered his hand into his coat, pulling forth a knife he stabbed the guard. With blood shed, the other guards drew their swords and began cutting down civilians, “Sheath your weapons!” The guard captain exclaimed, but only more death ensued.

Level 22
Final... Changed name...

Bane of Appleton

It was a rainy night, on the 10th of September, a night lost in obscurity, but surrounded by circumstances that engulf you with a sense of disbelief. Somewhere on the English plains, a place called Appleton prospered under the rule of a Duke, whom the people came to know as Daemos, but little more did they understand, for the Duke confined himself to a keep at the center of Appleton. The townspeople never bore sight of the Duke, only his guard captain, who often spoke in his stead. The guard captain was held with low regard, as his duty did dictate so. Informing the people of tax increases, and an impending war with France became a dangerous deed. But upheaval was never at a climax like the night of September 10th, when even the King feared his people. That fateful day, guard captain Thomas Maybury received word from the English army’s oligarchy, stating a draft was to be held at the town center, where the strong, able-bodied males were to be enlisted into the King’s army. The news was disheartening to the captain, but Thomas knew a war was the least of his worries. The drought that had swept the area and newly proposed tax increases on trade goods created a civil unrest in local counties, Appleton was not immune. A man named Benjamin Baxter stirred the outrage for months at the weekly gatherings. His hatred for the Empire grew from the death of his wife many years before. She was suspected of witchcraft and burned at the stake, and Benjamin never forgot the injustice committed by his beloved fatherland. The morning of September 10th, Thomas was to hold a town meeting and announce the upcoming draft. Escorted by personal bodyguards numbering 12, he entered the town center and stepped up to the dais, to see a hundred prying eyes beating down on his warm skin. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he removed his speech from a pouch.
“People of Appleton, a troublesome matter has arisen for your families, as well as mine, war with France is now upon us, and the King’s army must be assembled to combat the threat of a tyrannical foreign power. You,” a long pause ensued,
“The people of Appleton have been selected to hold a draft for the King’s army.” No one said a word, and many eyes filled with tears, but the repose was short lived, the men were furious, but none more than Benjamin, who stood to his feet and yelled out,
“Your King will not take our children from us! Nor will we allow him to!” From his rant, tempers grew, and the rest of the townspeople rose up in agreement, Benjamin then continued,
“We will not sit idly by as politicians and royal dictators destroy our country!”
“I say to hell with the King, and to hell with the Duke!” The people began to chant
“Death to the King!”
“Death to the Duke!” When the bodyguards began to restrain the furious people, one grabbed a hold of Benjamin… Baxter slithered his hand into his coat, pulling forth a knife he stabbed the guard. With blood shed, the other guards drew their swords and began cutting down civilians,
“Sheath your weapons!” Thomas exclaimed, but only more death ensued. Fearing for the Duke’s life, he quickly returned to the keep, where he found the Duke, sitting in his throne room, on a decrepit wooden chair huddled against a table, where he was facing a grand fireplace setting. Hearing the door open
“Who requests an audience with the Duke Daemos?” he inquired,
“It’s me my liege.” Thomas replied. The captain approached Daemos from behind, placing his hand on the shoulder of the Duke,
“The people are coming for you my Duke; we must procure a carriage immediately.” The Duke sat quietly for a moment,
“Let them come, the people’s will is iron, your best attempts to hold the keep will be a mere nuisance to a mob of angry souls.” Daemos stood from his chair, removing Thomas’ hand from his shoulder,
“I will retire to my quarters.” Hunched over and covered by a black robe he crept to his sleeping quarters. Thomas knew Daemos spoke the truth that the townspeople would never yield, even in the face of death. The people continually gathered at the front of the keep, wielding makeshifts weapons ranging from pitchforks to dagger, to wooden shields. When dusk arrived, the people were fully gathered, and Benjamin leading the rebellion stepped up to the gargantuan wood doors and slammed his hand on the doors profusely,
“Hand over the Duke!” he exclaimed; he was met by no response. Thomas and a handful of guards gathered on the other side of the door, preparing for a breach. Benjamin turned to face the people, standing on the stone staircase leading up the doors, looking down upon them, he yelled
“Then let them burn!” From the back of the mob four men carrying a log with metal handles fastened tightly to it, approached the door, and began to slowly batter it with their makeshift ram. Thomas backed away from the door, and turned to his guards,
“Fall back to the throne room when they have fully breached.” He then returned to the Duke’s throne, where Daemos was comfortably seated, with his weapon sheathed Thomas approached the throne and fell to one knee clutching Daemos’ hand, tears rolling from his eyes he grumbled
“I have failed you father.” Daemos, pulling back his hood he revealed the pale face of a young man.
“Rise,” he said.
“You have not failed me my child, my time has come, my days have been numbered for centuries now,”
“You are my only heir, and you must continue the bloodline, the Legend of our family.”
“Leave me to my fate, save yourself.” Daemos removed a ring from his left index finger, bearing a family crest, and handed it to Thomas. Just as Thomas turned around the guards came rushing through the arched doorway to the throne room,
“The villagers, they’re coming!” One of them exclaimed.
“Go now son!” Daemos said as he pointed. Thomas ran to the cellar door and quickly made his way into the bowels of the keep, whilst the Duke sat in wait of his demise. The villagers flooded in, and quickly overwhelmed the few remaining guards, but Benjamin was not among the fighters, he stood alone in the door way, staring down a long funnel of open space at the Duke, he furiously approached him, treading with a heavier step every cycle, until he finally stood affront the throne, looking down at Daemos, he flipped the claymore he clutched in his hands, and plunged it into the Duke’s chest. Daemos sat idly, with no fear of death, but the claymore did not kill him, he still drew breath. Benjamin stepped back in awe,
“What cheap parlor trick is this!?” He yelled. All the while the fighting was coming to a close. Benjamin pulled the claymore from Daemos’ chest, only to see the broken flesh heal before his eyes in mere seconds. Baxter knew of this witchcraft, he’d seen it before in his wife, the curse of the Noseferatu. Benjamin overwhelmed to acknowledge his wife was infected by a man like Daemos; Baxter swung his claymore in a wide sweep and beheaded him instantly. The Duke’s head fell to the ground and rolled down the steps of the throne as the villager watched the death of their herald. Only minutes later Thomas was caught during his escape attempt by pursuing townspeople, caught at a dead end, where a once active escape route had caved in, he was cornered by multiple villagers and stabbed in the chest vigorously by one of them as the other held him against a wall. After this ordeal, life continued in Appleton, and Benjamin was still haunted by nightmares of his dead wife. The King declared the rebels as dissidents, and vowed to punish them for their insolence, but so long as the King’s army was spread thin by war, life would continue for the people of Appleton. Three nights after the burial of the Duke and his son the guard captain, rain once again graced drought-stricken Appleton. The night of the 13th was the stormiest in years. The grave keeper tirelessly tried to keep the bodies from floating away, but his attempts were in vain. When he reached down to pick up a ring floating about in the water, an arm sprung forth from the muddy abyss and grabbed his neck, pulling him into the mud, but the grave keeper swung his shovel cutting off the hand of the corpse, and springing him free… The keeper frantically ran from the graveyard to the church in the village square. The graves began to shallow out, and corpses began flowing down the hill into the center of Appleton. The corpse of Thomas Daemos Maybury was not among them. Father O’Maley admitted entrance to the gravekeeper,
“What troubles you my child?” The priest asked…
“There was a Demon, it possessed one of the dead, and,” Stuttering as he spoke, and shivering from the cold rain,
“It grabbed me,” He said. “Come now, have a seat,” the Priest said,
“I will fetch you some hot tea and some candles.” The gravekeeper became at ease,
“Thank you father,” he said. The church was dark, and patter of rain could be heard on the roof, and could be seen trickling down the stain glass windows. The priest slowly walked up from the undercroft clutching a glass of hot tea with one hand, and a candle with the other, he gazed to the seat where the keeper had been sitting, the cup of tea fell from his hand, and horror swept over him as he looked upon the headless corpse of what was the gravekeeper of Appleton. The priest, overwhelmed with fear, grabbed a cross from the wall, and made a hasty exodus for Benjamin Baxter the unofficial-mayor-of-Appleton’s home. When he arrived, he knocked once, and the door slowly swung open, creaking with an eerie pitched squeak.
“Baxter?” he said,
“Baxter are you in here?” he stepped into the living area, and noticed muddy boot prints on the floor. Gripping the cross with all his might, he queried further, he pushed open the bedroom door, and looked into the room, staring upon a silhouette of a man’s figure, covered in bloody sheets. He reluctantly stepped inward, and pulled the covers from the head of the body and recognized Baxter’s face. “Mother of God,” he exclaimed, as he stepped backward, he was stopped by what seemed to be a wall, he turned to face it, and further to his horror, stared upon a decrepit corpse in military uniform, missing a hand, and bearing a grin. The priest dropped his cross and cried
“What are you?!” The corpse looked down at him, grabbed his throat tightly, and whispered,
“Daemos, Bane of Appleton.”

Damn, I hate how it cnping fucks up the paragraphs... :\

I'm too lazy to fix it right now, I just took 3 hours to write that lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
My second WiP, its only about 1/3 of the way done.

Black liquid was dripping all over his face, he struggled as hard as he could, putting all his force into the task. It wouldn’t seem to budge, and then finally it moved. “Try it now,” the man said, rubbing his eyes. The engine huffed and groaned, but to no avail. “Damn I thought that would work,” said the man, oil all over his arm and face. “It’s okay Johnny, you can’t fix them all,” said an older man at the wheel of the 1990 Ford Ranger. “Yeah I know, but this one is important to me.” Johnny said as he put his hand through his hair in frustration. The old man put a shoulder to his hand in sympathy, “I’ll have George look at it, if he can’t fix it no one can.” He smiled his kindly smile, his wrinkles bunching up along his forehead and eyes. Johnny looked at him and gave a small smile. He was young and full of energy, his chin was sculpted and his jaw was powerful but he had a soft smile that could make any girl swoon. “Thanks Phil, I should get home my Ma is bound to be worried by now.” “Well get off then, tell Jillian I said hi,” Phil said as he smacked Johnny’s back, then he gave him a sad look, “How’s your Pa.” Johnny didn’t turn to look at the old man; he just stared off into the setting sun. It was moments before he realized Phil had asked him a question, “Still the same.” He said, and without another word he went to his car.

There were soldiers everywhere being cut down, left right by the dozens. They had no escape; the line was being driven back. Debris flying everywhere, this enemy was unstoppable, it had no emotion; it had no conscience; it had no soul. The hedge was square and trimmed to his liking, but he stared at it with content, as if it would grow back suddenly and he would have to fight again. He continued down the line to another hedge and then lost himself to the work. The commander was yelling at the unit not to retreat, push; gain ground. Find them in the endless dense jungle. He began to comply with the order, cutting deeper into the forest; deeper into enemy territory. Suddenly a loud voice came from the bush. An angry man, yelling at the soldier, the voice was familiar, it was the enemy. He was back in the mud, holding his gun, but it was not a gun, they were shears. The world flooded back to him and he was in California again, and the voice wasn’t coming from the jungle, but a man on the other side.

“What are you doing to my bush? You ruin it!” the man yelled furiously. The man on the ground started up in confusion. It was the enemy, but he could understand his words. He finally looked to where he was pointing; he had cut right into the bush and made a large wedge in it. Still he stared confused; he only did what he was ordered to. He always did what he was ordered to. “I am a citizen now you cannot treat me like this. You are going to pay for this,” he said then his anger flared up and in that angry state he said something in his native tongue. Suddenly the world went dark again, he had no weapon anymore. No. He is the real weapon. He jumped up and landed a solid punch to the Vietcong’s ribs, he had used his full force to launch himself into the punch so it didn’t surprise him to hear bones crack and crunch under his large pulsating fist. With the wind knocked out of him, he couldn’t react. The soldier took the opening and quickly swung his body backward and with a jerk used his full momentum to ram his elbow right at the open jaw, a snap and he knew he had just broken his jaw. Now he couldn’t call for help. Broken and bloodied, the man stumbled and fell to the ground, still surprised; still trying to find the life giving air that he so longed for.

The light was failing but he could still see it. Johnny knew what it looked like when two people were fighting; this was not it. His father was on top of their neighbor landing punch after punch across the man’s upper body and head. Johnny jumped out of his car after stopping next to the curb and went on a dead run to stop his father. Johnny tackled his father to the ground and held his arms down. “Dad it’s me your son, you are not in Vietnam, dad, the war is over. Dad listen to me!” he said as his dad kept struggling and speaking incomprehensibly. He started to calm down only to phase out of reality, into his eternity of endless horrors.

Level 7
Here's another WiP, hopefully my last one before it's finished, still a way to go though, if there is a mistake I haven't caught it yet.

“Are you sure you saw him die?” The man was in his late forties, his brown hair starting to grey slowly within his neatly trimmed beard and his hair as it fell about his shoulders. His garb was white, bordered by crimson. Both his cloak and doublet had a four point crimson star on a silvery flame; in the center of the star was a white eye with a golden pupil: the crest of the Lord Regent of the realm.

“Aye, m’lord. Stabbed through the heart, he was. Died right ‘fore my eyes, he did. Six moons ago.” The Lord Regent studied him for a moment, weighing his words carefully.

“I’ve seen the Commander suffer many wounds that no mere man can suffer. If you’re certain he is dead, this is bad news indeed.” The peasant allowed no time for consideration before he spoke once more.

“And they lopped off his head, an older man, twice your age methinks, my lord. Told him his time to serve as a mortal was complete, whatever that may mean.” He looked weary, as though he had not understood what had transpired with the Commander, giving him a sincere tale, sure enough.

“Thank you. Lydia, see to it that this man is fed well and paid a silver for this information,” A woman rushed to his side and took him by the arm then led him out of the chambers. “Galtor, you have the tower and command here until I return, I have much I must look into.”

Galtor was a large man, his voice was larger still and many people were compelled to obey the booming voice, but he spoke little. His words were filled with both wisdom and command, making him the idea advisor and guard commander. “My lord, if you would allow me, Elgrid has been sighted not more than a fortnight ago. I am certain of it. I trust this particular source, it has not steered me wrong in my life.”

“Indeed so, walk with me Galtor.” He stood from his seat, affixing a seal to one last document, then strode out of the chamber, his white cloak flowing about him and the big man at his heels. As he walked by the door he grabbed a solid white oaken staff that was laid on several pegs, in the crown of the staff was a sapphire within several gnarled claws. “I have reason to believe that your source is right, as well as this man. Though, that is what troubles me.” He turned down a flight of stairs into a courtyard, where dozens of young men were training with swords, shields and bows. Commands rang out over the hum of bowstrings, the ring of steel and the thump of the shields blocking the blows. Still, the Lord Regent’s voice was heard over the commotion.

“You don’t believe it to be brigands do you?” Galtor was no stranger to the ways of brigands, but to suggest that they were able to kill the most resilient man he had ever seen would suggest a ploy that was well thought up. It was obvious that Galtor was brooding on the threat of an assault on the city, it would be a heavy blow to order in the realm. “I don’t think they would be this organized, let alone be so bold to attack Elgrid; even more so foolish to execute him and don his armor.”

“It wouldn’t be foolish if they had a way to fool everyone into thinking he is still alive and try to ransom him back to us for a large sum, only for us to receive him as an imposter and pay for nothing. It would be a fitting place for brigands, they’ve been few and far between for six years now, but I fear that is not the case.” The noises of the training yard were behind them now, the grounds were quiet. Outside the keep the city bustled with noise and people; within the walls it was relatively quiet save for the training that occurred within the courtyard outside the southern entrance from dawn until dusk. They took a left down a walkway that had shrubs growing alongside it; the building at the far end of the walkway was nestled within a grove on the edge of a small pond.

“What are you suggesting, then? We have no enemies, not in plain sight. Nor would they dare attack a high ranking officer of the Lord Regent.” The big man’s rugged face furrowed at the thought of an open attack and war.

“I’m suggesting a foul magic, an enemy far worse than one you can fight with steel. I believe it to be the work of necromancy.” They neared the building, a young red haired woman bowed as they walked past her and stopped at the door.

“Just what, exactly, Galtor?” He beckoned the woman over to him and handed her his staff, “Return this to my chambers.” She bowed once more and scurried off, fearing the wrath of Galtor.

“It’s ill-suited of the Lord Regent of the realm. You know that it can’t be. That’s a ridiculous assumption.” His big mail-clad hand rested upon the Lord Regent’s shoulder gently, “I know you’ve believed in many things that most think myths and simple tales, and seen more than what’s told in those, but listen to me, my friend. There are much more pressing matters than the ramblings of those dusty tomes. Knowledge is power, yes, but the right knowledge. If you study the wrong thing it’s like taking an arrow to match a ballista, you’re just fooling yourself. Leave this be.”

He stared straight at Galtor’s eyes, “You’re my most trusted friend, and you’re also most suited to rule while I’m gone. Find the man you see most worthy of command while I find the bottom of this.” He wheeled, brushing off the mailed hand as it balled into a fist aside as he opened the door and slipped through it, shutting it behind him.

“Damnit Lorcan, don’t be a fool!” Galtor shouted as his fist struck the door with a loud thump. His footsteps could be heard as he stormed off back to the tower.

The sun was low on its descent, painting the sky a deep red-orange when Lorcan emerged from the archives. The air was filled with smoke and the scent of roasted meat. Faint sounds of laughter, shouting and other noises that accompany a mess hall floated down from the third floor of the tower, echoing between the walls of the keep. He slowly walked across the courtyard, his long shadow fleeting before him as he made his way back to his chambers.

The door opened quietly, Galtor was sitting in his seat milling over documents writing something with concern on his face, though he never looked up, he spoke as Lorcan neared. “A woman came today. She said she needed to see you, but when I told her to wait here she stormed out, nearly took the door off as she went.”

“Nyiah.” That was a name he hadn’t heard in some twenty years; one that he hadn’t hoped to hear. “She and I once traveled together. I see she hasn’t changed.”

Galtor looked up from his papers, briefly, taking a moment to affix the seal of the Lord Regent to a rolled parchment. “Yes, the five of you, Elgrid, Nyiah, Ace, yourself and…” his voice choked as a tear filled his eye, “and my sister.” He placed the seal and quill on the desk. “The four of you survived, but she did not. How am I supposed to forgive you for letting my own blood die, Lorcan?”

“I don’t ask for your forgiveness, I never have forgiven myself, it is a memory that haunts me to this day.” He looked out the window, past the big man and seemed to be lost in a living horror that once was.

“We’ll live with it as we have, but there is a worse fate than death for my sister. A ranger came today, speaking of seeing Elgrid around the Warrior’s Tomb. Irony, it would seem. I dispatched him to warn sentries around the city, something strange is happening here. Reports have been coming in of those once dead seen walking. Shadowy figures of people in the woods that do not make a sound, and have golden eyes. I’m not sure what to make of it.” He ran his fingers through his hair and sat back with a heavy sigh. “What if all this necromancy is what you make it out to be, what would we be looking at here?”

“A war we cannot win.” His words were cold as ice and hard as steel, cutting a chill into both men. “If the dead can be risen, those who would raise them would command a numerous host; and with each battle as his enemies fall he would rise them as unflinchingly loyal soldiers.”

“But wars are not all attrition, you told me that once.” A woman’s voice cut in. It was soft and sweet, but Lorcan knew that was the only thing soft and sweet about her. He turned to face her, her eyes were a light but fierce blue; her auburn hair fell down to the middle of her back in a thick braid, her skin was a light tan. Her body was slim and toned. She wore a mailed vest on top, though it looked like it might have been one size too small. Perched on her shoulder was the handle of her axe as she held it one handed, on her left hip was a small crossbow, on her right hip was a sword. He imagined she had numerous weapons concealed elsewhere. “Lorcan, it has been a long time.”

“Nyiah, I see you’re doing well.”

She smirked and set her axe down. “Not quite so well as you, Lord Regent.”

Galtor stood when she said Lord Regent and stepped around the desk. “Mind your tongue, girl.” She raised an eyebrow to the big man, “You’re talking to one of the most powerful men in the realm; it would be unwise to be insolent.”

She opened her mouth to deliver a whimsical retaliation but Lorcan stepped between them. “Peace, Galtor. She means me no harm; though I could defend myself if she tried.” Lorcan turned around and gave her a sly smile, but as he looked back to the big man he continued on. “We will ride at midnight, prepare two horses with supplies. Nyiah and I will discover the truth about all of this.”

Once the big man had left Lorcan turned to face Nyiah once again, but before he could speak she pressed her lips to his and drew him in close. Lorcan jerked free briefly from her, but her grip was not so easily broken. “That, I owed you.” She smiled at him. Suddenly his face was stinging in pain where her hand had slapped him. “That was for not telling me where you’ve been hiding.”

Also InfinateAnswers I like yours.

Level 22
Here's another WiP, hopefully my last one before it's finished, still a way to go though, if there is a mistake I haven't caught it yet.

“Aye, m’lord. Stabbed through the heart, he was. Died right ‘fore my eyes, he did. Six moons ago.” The Lord Regent studied him for a moment, weighing his words carefully.

“I’ve seen the Commander suffer many wounds that no mere man can suffer. If you’re certain he is dead, this is bad news indeed.” The peasant allowed no time for consideration before he spoke once more.

“And they lopped off his head, an older man, twice your age methinks, my lord. Told him his time to serve as a mortal was complete, whatever that may mean.” He looked weary, as though he had not understood what had transpired with the Commander, giving him a sincere tale, sure enough.

He stared straight at Galtor’s eyes, “You’re my most trusted friend, and you’re also most suited to rule while I’m gone. Find the man you see most worthy of command while I find the bottom of this.” He wheeled, brushing off the mailed hand as it balled into a fist aside as he opened the door and slipped through it, shutting it behind him.

The sun was low on its descent, painting the sky a deep red-orange when Lorcan emerged from the archives. The air was filled with smoke and the scent of roasted meat. Faint sounds of laughter, shouting and other noises that accompany a mess hall floated down from the third floor of the tower, echoing between the walls of the keep. He slowly walked across the courtyard, his long shadow fleeting before him as he made his way back to his chambers.

The door opened quietly, Galtor was sitting in his seat milling over documents writing something with concern on his face, though he never looked up, he spoke as Lorcan neared. “A woman came today. She said she needed to see you, but when I told her to wait here she stormed out, nearly took the door off as she went.”

“Nyiah.” That was a name he hadn’t heard in some twenty years; one that he hadn’t hoped to hear. “She and I once traveled together. I see she hasn’t changed.”

Galtor looked up from his papers, briefly, taking a moment to affix the seal of the Lord Regent to a rolled parchment. “Yes, the five of you, Elgrid, Nyiah, Ace, yourself and…” his voice choked as a tear filled his eye, “and my sister.” He placed the seal and quill on the desk. “The four of you survived, but she did not. How am I supposed to forgive you for letting my own blood die, Lorcan?”

“I don’t ask for your forgiveness, I never have forgiven myself, it is a memory that haunts me to this day.” He looked out the window, past the big man and seemed to be lost in a living horror that once was.

“We’ll live with it as we have, but there is a worse fate than death for my sister. A ranger came today, speaking of seeing Elgrid around the Warrior’s Tomb. Irony, it would seem. I dispatched him to warn sentries around the city, something strange is happening here. Reports have been coming in of those once dead seen walking. Shadowy figures of people in the woods that do not make a sound, and have golden eyes. I’m not sure what to make of it.” He ran his fingers through his hair and sat back with a heavy sigh. “What if all this necromancy is what you make it out to be, what would we be looking at here?”

“A war we cannot win.” His words were cold as ice and hard as steel, cutting a chill into both men. “If the dead can be risen, those who would raise them would command a numerous host; and with each battle as his enemies fall he would rise them as unflinchingly loyal soldiers.”

“But wars are not all attrition, you told me that once.” A woman’s voice cut in. It was soft and sweet, but Lorcan knew that was the only thing soft and sweet about her. He turned to face her, her eyes were a light but fierce blue; her auburn hair fell down to the middle of her back in a thick braid, her skin was a light tan. Her body was slim and toned. She wore a mailed vest on top, though it looked like it might have been one size too small. Perched on her shoulder was the handle of her axe as she held it one handed, on her left hip was a small crossbow, on her right hip was a sword. He imagined she had numerous weapons concealed elsewhere. “Lorcan, it has been a long time.”

“Nyiah, I see you’re doing well.”

She smirked and set her axe down. “Not quite so well as you, Lord Regent.”

Galtor stood when she said Lord Regent and stepped around the desk. “Mind your tongue, girl.” She raised an eyebrow to the big man, “You’re talking to one of the most powerful men in the realm; it would be unwise to be insolent.”

She opened her mouth to deliver a whimsical retaliation but Lorcan stepped between them. “Peace, Galtor. She means me no harm; though I could defend myself if she tried.” Lorcan turned around and gave her a sly smile, but as he looked back to the big man he continued on. “We will ride at midnight, prepare two horses with supplies. Nyiah and I will discover the truth about all of this.”

Once the big man had left Lorcan turned to face Nyiah once again, but before he could speak she pressed her lips to his and drew him in close. Lorcan jerked free briefly from her, but her grip was not so easily broken. “That, I owed you.” She smiled at him. Suddenly his face was stinging in pain where her hand had slapped him. “That was for not telling me where you’ve been hiding.”

Also InfinateAnswers I like yours.

I like yours. :D

Okay I revised mine a bit. Proper paragraphs now.

Last edited:
Level 4
The Undead Knight, Kel'thas! by Allain55X (WiP3)

The Undead Knight, Kelthas by Allain55X!
"A short story.... I think.... about a human knight who got killed in the Faction Wars. See what will happen next!"

..."A dead human! From the looks of it, he is a strong one! Shall we reanimate this human once more, m'lord?" said a mysterious chilling voice... "We shall reanimate him once more but will serve us for eternity!" said a trembling voice!

"What is this voice Im hearing...? What's about that reanimate? Am I dead already? said the human knight while unconscious". "You are right, human knight! You are dead already but we will give you a chance to live but..." said a mysterious chilling voice... "But what!!? Who are you? What do you want from me? WHAT!!???" said the human knight while unconscious. "We will reanimate you once more but you.... will... SERVE US FOR ETERNITY!!! Now awake!" said the mysterious chilling voice.

"Oh m'lord, he is already conscious..." said the mysterious chilling voice. "I see! Hahahahaha.... a new one joins us!" said the trembling voice! Then the human knight opens his eyes... and said "Ughhhh.... where am I? Who are you? This power.... it feels good, the tainted power flowing through me!" While the human knight proud of his newly tainted power he acquired, the trembling voice said to him "You really like it, huh? You are now part of us and I must introduce myself. I am Von Draco, the leader of the undead and called as the Dreadlord and here's Lycanthropeus, my companion and called as the Lich! You are to be named as.... Kel'thas, the Death Knight. Now that you are a part of us, let us go and have you start being wth us the Undead!"

Von Draco and Lycnathropeus brought Kel'thas into a big prison cell. In the middle of the prison cell lies a battlefield. "Kel'thas, let us have your first test! Try to kill this giant Skeleton Knight." said Von Draco. Then suddenly, the big metal gate in the end of the Battlefield opens and the Skeleton Knight appears before Kel'thas. "M'lord, are you sure you'll let him battle this one? This is the most dangerous monster in the Cell!?" said Lycanthropeus. "Patience, Lycanthropeus. I can sense a really strong power within Kel'thas! There is a chance he will be able to take down the Skeleton Knight." said Von Draco. While the Skeleton knight is standing before Kel'thas, Kel'thas smiles and said "Hahahaha... so you say that this Skeleton knight is one hell of a monster? Let's see about that!". Kel'thas suddenly attacked the Skeleton Knight with great force and the Skeleton knight falls. "What!? With only one strike, he is able to damaged the Skeleton Knight really hard!?" said Lycanthropeus. "Hmmm...... see now, Lycanthropeus? He really carries a strong power within him!" said Von Draco. The Skeleton knight stands up and got enraged by the damage he taked from Kel'thas. "Foolish knight! You dare attack me with your cursed sword!? I'll take you down!!! said the Skeleton knight. The Skeleton knight attacked Kel'thas full strength but Kel'thas guarded with his shield to protect him from damage. "Is that your strongest attack? Well, if that's all you got then I'll kill you now! Kel'thas raises his sword and suddenly a strong demonic energy sorrounds Kel'thas sword. Kel'thas then unleashes a strong violent demonic wind and suddenly the Skeleton knight got weakened and died! ".......What the hell is that power!? Where did he got that?" said Lycanthropeus. "Impressive, Kel'thas! You've shown us your great strength. Maybe you'll get stronger when your always training?" said Von Draco. Kel'thas walks by and get near to Von Draco and said "Thanks for the praises! I'll promise that I'll bring fame to our clan, the Undead!". Kel'thas then gets out of the Prison cell and suddenly Von Draco whispers to himself "Foolish knight! You were once a human and now turned into one of us. You don't know anything of us but I'll be expecting high from you!". There ends Kel'thas first training.

Its another day for Kel'thas. Another trials awaits him! "Kel'thas, its time for your next training." said Von Draco. "Oh I see... Where am I gonna train?" said Kel'thas. "You are to train at the Prison Cell again, Kel'thas!" said Lycanthropeus. After the conversation, the three headed for the Prison Cell. "Your training will consist of fighting armies of undead! Be ready for you'll have a hard time beating them..." said Von Draco. "Let us start! Open the gates!" said Lycanthropeus. The gates to the other side opens and armies of ghouls and necromancer appeared. "What are this monsters, may I ask?" said Kel'thas. "This are ghouls. They will serve as the tanker so be careful they deal alot of damage. And this are Necromancer. They will serve as a supporter who will revive fallen comrades so kill them first so your not gonna have a hard time killing." said Von Draco. "Oh, I see.... Thanks!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas go near at the armies of necromancers and ghouls and said " Let's go! Lets finish this fight!" said Kel'thas. So the fight started and its turns out that Kel'thas won. "Wow you are amazing, Kel'thas!" said the necromancers. "You got the strength to beat us all! Impressive battle style you have even for a starter..." said the ghouls. "Thanks for the praises but I must go now. My training is finish here!" said Kel'thas. Then suddenly, Von Draco said "You think this is the end of your training!? Think again, Kel'thas.....". In the other side, the gate opens and a big red demon appears. "M'lord!! Are you serious about Kel'thas fighting Diablo!?" said Lycanthropeus. "Yes! Im serious!" said Von Draco. "What's the meaning of this!!?" said Kel'thas. "You are to fight Diablo, the demon of the Hell!" said Von Draco. "Hmm... I see. I shall kill this fastly...." said Kel'thas. Suddenly, Von Draco whispered to himself "Diablo is the strongest monster you are ever to fight in the Cells. Dont be confident you can kill Diablo fastly". After the conversation, the battle resumed. Kel'thas raises again his sword and strong demonic energy sorrounds his sword but as soon Kel'thas raises his sword, Diablo fiercely attacked Kel'thas. Kel'thas falls because of the strong Impact of the attack. "See!!? He cant defeat Diablo, m'lord!" said Lycanthropeus. "Kel'thas has great power! He can defeat Diablo!" said Von Draco. Kel'thas stands up and said " Your strong but how long are you gonna be strong!? Kel'thas concentrates and demonic energy sorrounds his body but Diablo attacked again. As soon Diablo attacked Kel'thas, Diablo's hands got burned into ashes. "What!!?? What the hell happened to my hands?" said Diablo. "Your hands got burned because I converted my demonic energy into flames that will burn those who will touch me. That means if your whole body contacts with my body......YOUR GONNA BURN! "Damn you!!! I'll kill you!!!" said Diablo. Diablo out of control, he attacked Kel'thas fiercely but Kel'thas dodged the attack and made contact with Diablo. Diablo got completely burned "Raaaaagggggghhhhh.......!!!". "You should have think before attacking me!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas walks and go near to Von Draco and said "That was unexpected fight but it turns out that I killed the strongest demon of all!". "Hmm.. Impressive fight!" said Von Draco. The training ended with another victory of Kel'thas.

The 3rd day has come! Kel'thas is in the prison waiting for his next training. While Kel'thas is waiting, Von Draco and Lycanthropeus came in. "Kel'thas, let us not waste anytime now. Let us start your final training!" said Von Draco. "Hmph! Tsskkk..... Why should I trust you on your training!? You've got some tricks again to end me up fighting demons and paranormals!" said Kel'thas. "How dare you talk to the leader like that, Kel'thas!" said Lycanthropeus. "Hmmmm..... I've got no tricks for you Kel'thas and you should be happy that your getting stronger on every fight. By the way, your final training is to fight us!" said Von Draco. "What!? Me fight you?" said Kel'thas. "As the master said!" said Lycanthropeus. "Do not fear! We are not gonna kill you! Its only a training. Now let us go! " said Von Draco. The three goes out of the undead Keep and headed for the Forest of War, the place where it all began! While walking around the forest, Kel'thas feel dizzy and said "Ugghhhhh.....Aghhhhhh.....What is this!?". "This is bad!" said Von Draco. "But why is this bad? Its only a feeling of dizziness." said Lycanthropeus. "No.... he is starting to remember his past. The past that we erased when we animate him!" said Von Draco. "Do you mean when he is still a paladin? Well, that is bad! What shall we do, m'lord? This forest is really a bad news...." said Lycanthropeus. "This forest.... its familiar to me....." said Kel'thas. " Grrrr...... this is bad!" said Von Draco. Suddenly after the conversation, a strong light blinded Kel'thas vision and after that he is in a mysterious place. "Where am I? This place!? said Kel'thas. A vision of a great castle suddenly appeared and then Kel'thas sees a Human Paladin walking with a older Human Paladin. "Hey Lord Buzan, we finished another mission killing some undead ghouls" said the Human Paladin. "Ah yes, your right! You are great teammate to be honest! Well, lets go to the castle now." said Lord Buzan. The two paladins then walks and headed for the great castle. "That young paladin I have just seen. He is familiar to me..... It is like we are connected?" Kel'thas followed the two paladins to the castle and suddenly Kel'thas was blinded again by a strong light. Another vision appeared, Kel'thas sees the Paladin fighting Von Draco and Lycanthropeus in the forest of war. "What!!!!!!???? This cant be! The paladin is fighting Von Draco and Lycanthropeus! But why and is this the forest where we are standing right now? said Kel'thas. "Grrrrr..... Damn.......In the name of the light, I will kill you Von Draco and Lycanthropeus! said the Human Paladin. "What shall we do, m'lord?" said Lycanthropeus. "We kill this foolish Paladin who is standing before us!" said Von Draco. Suddenly, Von Draco directly attacks the Human Paladin and Von Draco said to the Human Paladin "I will bring you to your last stand.....your death!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!". "Let's see about that, Von Draco!" said the Human Paladin. The human Paladin casts a strong light that ables to stops Von Draco's direct attack. "Agghhhhhhh!!! Damn you, Paladin! said Von Draco. The human Paladin takes the chance while Von Draco is blinded. The human Paladin attacked Von Draco and Von Draco is hitted by the strong hit. Von Draco falls and said "Ughhhhh...... You've got a strong hammer there!" said Von Draco. "Stop the nonesense talk! I'll kill you now!" said the Human Paladin. The human Paladin charges a strong light on his hammer but while he is charging, Lycanthropeus said " Not so fast, Paladin! Your going to hell first before us!". Lycanthropeus cast Frost Nova on the human Paladin. The human Paladin was freezed! ".......... I can't move....." said the Human Paladin. Von Draco stands up and said "Now...... I'll bring you to hell!" said Von Draco. Von Draco casts Carrion Swarm on the Human Paladin. The human paladin was directly hitted by the Carrion Swarm. The ice around the Human Paladin shatters and the Human Paladin falls and said "......Lord Buzan.....King Terenas..... I have failed you!". After that, the Human Paladin died and Lycanthropeus said " Too bad, we kill him! He got some strong potential within him! Shall we reanimate him once more, m'lord?" said Lycanthropeus. After the long vision, the vision dissapeared and only light was left. "So that's how it is..... That paladin....... was me. Von Draco and Lycanthropeus reanimate me and turn me into one of them. Erasing my memories. They tricked me! I must do what is right!" said Kel'thas. The light dissapeared and Kel'thas' dizziness dissapeared too. " How is your feeling now, Kel'thas?" said Von Draco. " You've tricked me!!! I am once a Paladin! You erased my memories! How dare you!?" said Kel'thas. "As what we fear, you have remebered it, Kel'thas! "said Von Draco. "Yes! Thanks to that vision! It led me to the light again!" said Kel'thas. "What are we gonna do, m'lord?" said Lycanthropeus. "Now that you remembered it, you don't have the rights now.... to LIVE!!!" said Von Draco. Von Draco casts Carrion Swarm on Kel'thas but Kel'thas dodged it and said to Von Draco "Ha! When you reanimate me, you give me new life but that's not all! You give me strong powers. As what you said in the first training, you can sense strong power on me! Now! Im gonna use this power against you two!!!" said Kel'thas. "Hmmm.... I see! We've done a wrong thing to make you stronger but dont worry..... I'll just have to kill you and remove that power from you!" said Von Draco. "Lets see you try, Von Draco!" said Kel'thas. Both Kel'thas and Von Draco attacked but a mysterious voice made them stop. The mysterious voice said "Halt! What's with this fight!?". After Kel'thas, Von Draco, and Lycanthropeus heared the voice, A mysterious human king and a Paladin appeared. "Uhhhhhh..... That face! Lord Buzan and King Terenas!?" said Kel'thas. "Who are you, wretched undead knight!?" said Lord Buzan. "No... Is it you.... Paladon...? What have they done to you....?" said King Terenas. "My king.... They have turned me into one of them but now I just remembered that we are allies." said Kel'thas. "That's Paladon!? Its impossible.....that face...??? No!" said Lord Buzan. "No, its really him, Buzan. Paladon, a young Paladin who has a strong light but what now...??? They have turned them to a monster. Still, I can sense a light coming back!" said King Terenas. "So, you have arrived, Terenas!? Are you gonna help this undead knight!? A undead knight who loves to kill and kill.... Hahahahah!!!" said Von Draco. "Stop fooling the King, Von Draco. He must know the truth that I... AM.... PALADON!!!" said Kel'thas. " No need to say that, Von Draco. I already know that this undead knight your saying is Paladon! I can still sense on him the light growing back again." said King Terenas. "M,lord! Looks like we are outnumered here... We are only 2 and them 3!" said Lycanthropeus. "Do not worry, Lycanthropeus! We shall call the group....." said Von Draco. "Oh, I see... Now we are in the side of victory again!" said Lycanthropeus. "Minions...... Our fellow Undead Knight, Kel'thas has betrayed us! Come to your leader and let us vanquish Kel'thas together with his King and fellow Paladin!" said Von Draco. After the calling..... army of ghouls, necromancers, abominations, and more...appeared right before King Terenas, Kel'thas, and Lord Buzan. "King Terenas... We are outnumbered now!" said Lord Buzan. "No we are not!" said King Terenas. After the conversation, army of footmans, priests, mortar team and more... appeared! "So we are now fair... Now let the 2nd war between us, the Human and Undead begin. Blood will spilled again in this forest. Many lives will be lost in this forest again! Hahahahahaha..... but the we the Undead doesnt care!" said Von Draco. "The war has come! Let us finish this Von Draco!" said King Terenas. The 2 factions paused for seconds and the war started. "Footmans take those Crypt Fiends. They are weak enough for those fiends only rely on range attacks!" said King Terenas. The footmans heed the word of King Terenas and attacked the Crypt Fiends. "My king, I'll take Von Draco and Lycanthropeus. I'll make them pay." said Kel'thas. "No, Paladon! You take Von Draco and I'll take Lycanthropeus." said King Terenas. "I see. That's a fine battle plan, indeed!" said Kel'thas. After the conversation, Lord Buzan gets near on King Terenas and Kel'thas and said "What role should I take on this battlefield?" said Lord Buzan. "Buzan, you will to support our armies. Please take care of the armies' battle plan." said King Terenas. "Now, Paladon! Let us start the battle." said King Terenas. Kel'thas walks by and goes face to face on Von Draco. "Oh, what now, Kel'thas? Do you plan to battle the Lord!?" said Von Draco. "Don't call me Kel'thas anymore! I am Paladon... and please you are not a lord!" said Kel'thas. "Hahahahaha! You dare insult me... you will pay, fool!" said Von Draco. Von Draco charges directly on Kel'thas but Kel'thas dodged it easily and unleashes a strong demonic meteor. "Foolish knight! I absorb dark power... demonic energy is what makes me strong! You've make a wrong move, Kel'thas or should I say Paladon!" said Von Draco. "Not really, my friend!" said King Terenas. King Terenas charged a light orb and infuse it with the meteor, creating a Light Meteor! "Uhhhhh..... This is bad!" said Von Draco. The meteor directly hits Von Draco and a large explosion occured. "Tsssssskkkk..... 1 vs 2... This is not fair!" said Lycanthropeus. "It is fair, my friend. Von Draco was just careless!" said King Terenas. "Grrrr..... How dare you insult the Lord!" said Lycanthropeus. Lycanthropeus was enraged and frozen aura sorrounded him and he said "Now taste the power! I will show you what a Lord's apprentice can do!" said Lycanthropeus. Lycanthropeus then charges through King Terenas and touched King Terenas' right hand. King Terenas' right hand was then frozen and he wasnt able to wield his sword anymore. "Hmmmm..... I might underestimate you, Lycanthropeus. But still my other hand can wield my Sword!" said King Terenas. " Well then, I'll just freeze that too." said Lycanthropeus. Lycanthropeus suddenly charged through King Terenas freezing his other hand. "I will not let you, Lycanthropeus!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas readied his shield and run through King Terenas to defend him but Kel'thas' shield was freezed because of the Ice touch of Lycanthropeus. "Grrrrrr...... How dare you defend this stupid and fightless king, who only counts on his warriors to fight!" said Lycanthropeus. Lycanthropeus then attacked the frozen shield of Kel'thas and the shield was crushed to pieces. "Hahaha... Now you dont have something to defend with!" said Lycanthropeus. "You are right but as I say you are outnumbered! Just give up." said Kel'thas. Suddenly, the king charged through Lycanthropeus and King Terenas charged a strong light energy from his left hands. Then, King Terenas touched Lycanthropeus' face. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......... You..... stop that.....!!!!" said Lycanthropeus. Lycanthropeus vanished because of the strong light he was hitted. "Finally! Victory is at our hand.... We both defeated Von Draco and Lycanthropeus!" said King Terenas. "Something's weird here... Base on the battle, I have notice that Lycanthropeus put up a fight but Von Draco didnt....maybe..... he's still alive!" said Kel'thas. After the wondering, an evil aura covered King Terenas and Kel'thas. "...... What a strong evil aura I sense!" said King Terenas. Suddenly, Von Draco came out of nowhere and directly attacked King Terenas. King Terenas was directly hitted at the chest and his chest crushed! "Uhhhh.....Uhhhhhh......." said King Terenas. King Terenas spits so many blood after groaning. "Mmmmmm.....hahahahahah!!!! You are too old now..... go to sleep now!" said Von Draco. "Noooooooooo....... you are too evil, Von Draco! MONSTER!!!" said Kel'thas. "The king must pay! Look what he has done on my face because of that meteor!" said Von Draco. Kel'thas sees the whole face and body of Von Draco burned. "Now, its your turn to die, Paladon!" said Von Draco. Von Draco suddenly disappeared without being notice. "Where did he go!?? I must finish this now and avenge King Terenas!" said Kel'thas. Von Draco suddenly appeared at the back of Kel'thas and said "Booo!!! You didnt see it coming, fool!" said Von Draco. "No... I see it coming!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas defended with his sword. Von Draco unleashed fast fury of attacks. Kel'thas was moved by the fast attacks of Von Draco while groaning. "......Damn...... I can not lose to you like you killed me before! I will not let anything happen to my allies again! I will kill you before you make apocalypse in this world!" said Kel'thas. "Well...... prove to me If you are worthy of defeating me!" said Von Draco. "I'll show you!!!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas then unleashes the full potential of his powers and after a while Kel'thas suddenly transformed into a demon! "Hahahaha.... You cant scare me with that Demon form of yours!" said Von Draco. Kel'thas suddenly disappeared without being notice."What.....Where did that fool go!?" said Von Draco. Suddenly, Kel'thas attacked from behind using his bloody claws. Von Draco was directly hitted at the body and his body bleeded. "Grrrrr......Fool! No one has ever dared did this to me! Only you!" said Von Draco. Von Draco got enraged and attacked Kel'thas. But Kel'thas laughed and said "Even know how to use your mind!!???" said Kel'thas. "What the...." said Von Draco. Kel'thas then was sorrounded with demonic energy, he converted this to flames that will burn enemies who will made contact to him. "Ahhhhh.... Noooo!" said Von Draco. Von Draco accidentally made contact with Kel'thas and was burned and die! Kel'thas turned to his normal form again, Death Knight. "Ughhhhh.......Finally...." said Kel'thas. While Kel'thas is groaning, Lord Buzan approached Kel'thas and said " We are victorious! We have won the war!" said Lord Buzan. "That's good but the King...." said Kel'thas. Lord Buzan then sees the King lying dead. "Noooo..... Oh...King" said Lord Buzan. Then Lord Buzan leaves the forest crying in sorrow. Kel'thas then bows at the King and said "May you rest in peace, my King!" said Kel'thas. Kel'thas walks by but after a minute he disappeared.

FACT:
The fact why Kel'thas disappeared in the end of the story is because when the one who animated Kel'thas dies...the one who is animated will die too and perished.

Last edited:
Level 11
Oh man, I am definitely joining this...hopefully will have a WIP in the next few days :)

EDIT: In response to the grammar rule...what if grammer is ignored to satisfy a rhyme, pun, etc?

Level 2
Questions

I have a few questions:
1.When will mini-contest end?
2.Can this be in any time? e.g Medieval, Modern, Futuristic etc.
3.Can it be a story telling a story.

Also: I'm in, expect a Story before the judging Time.

Level 8
Okay, I started work on my short story. After writing the first sentence, the rest just spilled out from somewhere (I'll let your imaginations decide from where) and here is my first intro W.i.P of the story!

“Burnt down, just like the others,” Sir Henri Buford whispered with a wavering tone. “We should stop this madness and head back at once.”
“What you suggest is cowardice and treason, and I shall have no part in it,” Sir Charles de Vallean stated in a most wounding manner, his face as cold as steel.
Henri’s face turned pale at the mention of treason. He was man just past twenty, but still knew the dangers wrought around the word. “How do you propose we stand up to that ‘thing’ when all these good men fought here and died?” He squeaked out.
Sir Gerald Venin let out a short shrill laugh. “You call these serfs ‘good’ men?” Gerri sputtered, “I would sooner arm a dozen milk maids and call it an army then put my good faith in these heathen forest dwellers.”
Charles glanced up at the sky and a flicker of anger swept across his face silencing Gerri and Henri almost immediately. Despite granting his fellow knights the liberties in voicing their opinions both of them knew when to stop. Sir Vallean was not one to anger.
“The sooner we continue past this village the better it would set my mind at ease,” Charles ordered. “The sky darkens while you two argue like bitches over a bone. Unless you wish to wait here with these dead bodies until day rises, I suggest we press on post-haste at once.”
Charles pulled the reigns of his pale white horse and rode off through the village, his white cape fluttering in the wind. Henri and Gerald followed without a word. The three of them and their horses blended with the snowy landscape that surrounded them as they rode through the twilight. The so called ‘road’ ahead was merely a parting between the huts of the village flanked by the dense woodlands.
Henri shuddered as he rode past the remains of a girl, now split into three parts. But that’s all I do he thought, shudder and think to myself of home. The first village they had past a week ago had been the same. The bodies were scattered throughout the entire village. Men, women, children and animals, there had been no survivors, no mercy. To think that the creature that was responsible for this was one of their own ranks was almost to horrifying to ponder. Yet it had been so.

_PV

_PV

Level 7

The Paragon
by _PV

The immense aura of decay looms
Whom the Prophet of death refused a mere boon
You might be asking I'm speaking of whom?
allow me to divulge this tale of doom...

The crisp morning breeze sent a chill
Drums of war echoes over the steep hill
the battalion marching against their own will
The endless hordes of evil whispering "Kill"

The sky darkens; arrows shall rain
It shall inflict more than enough pain
cavalry fall and warriors met their bane
The unscaved do fall into hypnotic feign

Shields are shattered as body meets steel
The collision had dealt a hefty deal
Infliction wounds not able to heal
Forced on their knees they proceed to kneel

Flesh rends, bone incinerate
The thirst for war can not be sate
The battalion forced back through the gate
The endless horde simply will not wait

The walls crumble under the siege bombard
The king out played his last card
"Teach them the meaning of die hard"
Out emerged the Paladin, wielding his silver targe

The impure are compelled to flee
Brandishing Vengeance, stop them; can he?
Purveyor of light, he shall be -
Purge the evil? We shall see..

Minion after minion die at the enforcer of light
Not only a display of pure finesse, but also of might
Forged by the god's, he is crafted to fight
For fight he shall, illuminating the beholder's sight...

The battle rages on as time slows down -
The King has fallen, he had lost his crown!
The victor had not as of yet been made known,
But all we know is the Threads of fate have been sewn...

Corpses litter the streets; the stench of death about...
The damage is dealt, there is no doubt.
All that remains is an insufferable lout -
Holding arms out towards the enforcer of redoubt.

The Paladin cleanse; the Warlock curse -
The Paladin exorcists; the pain disperse -
The harbinger of doom gives the paragon his worse!
Only to end up being under holy light; immersed...

The battle ends; the sun doth emerge -
The paragon of light cleansed the scourge!
Only at the cost of a great civil purge
suddenly the spirits dissipates as the prophet doth surge

"I have come for your soul" he asked with a grin
The paladin, exhausted, what will become of him?
The former paragon fades to black, part taking in sin -
Who will now bless the souls of his kin?

1000 years past as a kingdom of bodies teem -
The sun penetrates the air and places a thick beam;
Beaming on that specific spot for a specific reason, it seems...
the resting place of out former paragon is deemed.

Suddenly, the flowers decay and the beam dies
The animals merry is turned to cry
That same Prophet doth walk by
that same grin, same tone: "my, my..."

The vile grin doth play on his wretched countenance;
Surprisingly he had bested the disciplinary penance -
At the mere chant of a phrase, he interrupts the balance!
"Rise; Rise and feed!" his visage utter salience...

Woke from his slumber, the forsaken paragon rise -
it's hand burst through the earth's crust, death it denies!
An evil ploy - the prophet devised,
The fallen paladin; all but demised...

"You have been risen to fulfil my ploy -
come now, Don't be so Coy!"
The forsaken corpse lifts it's lifeless carcass from it's resting place
"Off to commit utter Calamity and chaos.. Shall we make haste?"

The Prophet and his unliving minion now roam the lands
In the name of what he once faced, now against what he for did stand...

Level 3
My first W.i.P. I'm bad at generating names and these names are pretty random (lol) but I hope my story is fine.

In the world of Lyret, many a war takes place from time to time. Many heroes rose up and died fighting for what they believe.
In the year 701, in the midst of another war, in the kingdom of Syrmes, "To all of you, fight with honor and glory", proclaimed King Geffa to his warriors.
Larde, the Champion of Syrmes, engraved these words to his heart as he went of and prepared himself for war. He wore his bronze battle armor and readied his twin blades. After he was finished with his preparations, he went to meet his fellow warriors.
"Now is the time! My warriors, follow me! To War!" roared Larde as he marched on towards the battlefield. Many warriors followed him, believing he would lead them to victory.
In the battlefield Larde killed anyone who would oppose him. He charged furiously, swinging his swords with both power and agility. No soldier of Edhias could match him. Larde, with his band of soldiers, broke through enemy lines one after another.
"We are being obliberated!" yelled one soldier of Edhias as he tried to run away. "Cowards!" roared with a mighty voice by a bulky soldier.
"Vemdalls, the champion of Edhias?" whispered one soldier. "We are saved!" said another. Vemdalls confronted Larde and his band of warriors.
"So you are the ones breaking through my line of warriors." said calmly by Vemdalls as he prepared his lance.
"I find no reason to answer your question." replied Larde as he took up his twin blades.
The two warriors fought one on one. Larde swiftly attacked Vemdall but his attacks were easily repelled by Vemdall. Vemdall swung his lance and Larde managed to dodge it just in time. Larde sent another barrage of attacks from his twin blades. Vemdall had a hard time repelling his attacks but he managed to block each. Larde's twin blades shined and sent a shockwave of energy unto Vemdall. Vemdall quickly erected a barrier to stop the attack. "So you also possess magic, we can fight equally then." said Vemdall.
"This guy is unbelievable, he manages to fight Larde on equal footing" said one of Larde's companions.
Vemdall summoned a malicious force of energy on his lance. Vemdall then prepared for his next attack.
Larde was intimidated by the dark energy that swirled around Vemdall's lance.
"This strike... will be the last!" said Vemdall in a calm voice. He then swiftly moved his lance and swung it towards Larde. Larde managed to deflect it but Vemdall quickly changed the direction of his lance. After completing a complete circle from his lance, he thrusted his lance towards Larde. Larde, unable to fully block the attack, was pierced in the heart.
Silence emerged from both sides. Silence out of awe and shock.
"It...cannot...end...like...this." said Larde as he fell.
"It's over for you!" Vemdall said as he did the final blow.
Larde's allies made a hasty retreat after seeing their champion fall before the enemy.
"The champion of the enemy has fallen! It is time to strike back my warriors!" roared proudly by Vemdall.
"Is this how it will end? Lying defeated and betrayed. Forever lost in the field of battle, unable to fulfill my duties?" Larde whispered to himself as he died.
After Vemdall and his warriors left, two mysterious people came by and saw Larde's dead body.
"He is the Champion of Syrmes, is he not?" asked a mysterious voice.
"Indeed, he is." answered another.
"Then we shall make use of him." said the mysterious voice as shadows of dark energy enveloped Larde's dead body.
"Now rise and serve me!" continued the mysterious voice.
Larde's dead body rose up and he regained his conciousness. "What happened...I...I can't remember anything..." Larde said as he stood up.
"It seems like his memories have forsaken him" whispered the mysterious voice's companion.
"This would make things easier" replied the mysterious voice.
He saw the source of the voices and asked "Who are you?"
"I am Nerudein, your new master" said the source of the voice as he introduced himself.
"And I am his humble servant, Nefas." said the other source as he continued their introduction
"My...master?" Larde whispered to himself, as he wondered what happened.
"I can't remember anything..." Larde continued.
"First, I will tell you who you are, you are Larde, former champion of Syrmes. At least you were before they betrayed you and left you behind after you were defeated." Nerudein told him.
"Betrayed..." Larde murmured to himself.

Last edited:
Level 22

The Paragon
by _PV

The immense aura of decay looms
Whom the Prophet of death refused a mere boon
You might be asking I'm speaking of whom?
allow me to divulge this tale of doom...

The crisp morning breeze sent a chill
Drums of war echoes over the steep hill
the battalion marching against their own will
The endless hordes of evil whispering "Kill"

The sky darkens; arrows shall rain
It shall inflict more than enough pain
cavalry fall and warriors met their bane
The unscaved do fall into hypnotic feign

Shields are shattered as body meets steel
The collision had dealt a hefty deal
Infliction wounds not able to heal
Forced on their knees they proceed to kneel

Flesh rends, bone incinerate
The thirst for war can not be sate
The battalion forced back through the gate
The endless horde simply will not wait

The walls crumble under the siege bombard
The king out played his last card
"Teach them the meaning of die hard"
Out emerged the Paladin, wielding his silver targe

The impure are compelled to flee
Brandishing Vengeance, stop them; can he?
Purveyor of light, he shall be -
Purge the evil? We shall see..

Minion after minion die at the enforcer of light
Not only a display of pure finesse, but also of might
Forged by the god's, he is crafted to fight
For fight he shall, illuminating the beholder's sight...

The battle rages on as time slows down -
The King has fallen, he had lost his crown!
The victor had not as of yet been made known,
But all we know is the Threads of fate have been sewn...

Corpses litter the streets; the stench of death about...
The damage is dealt, there is no doubt.
All that remains is an insufferable lout -
Holding arms out towards the enforcer of redoubt.

The Paladin cleanse; the Warlock curse -
The Paladin exorcists; the pain disperse -
The harbinger of doom gives the paragon his worse!
Only to end up being under holy light; immersed...

The battle ends; the sun doth emerge -
The paragon of light cleansed the scourge!
Only at the cost of a great civil purge
suddenly the spirits dissipates as the prophet doth surge

"I have come for your soul" he asked with a grin
The paladin, exhausted, what will become of him?
The former paragon fades to black, part taking in sin -
Who will now bless the souls of his kin?

1000 years past as a kingdom of bodies teem -
The sun penetrates the air and places a thick beam;
Beaming on that specific spot for a specific reason, it seems...
the resting place of out former paragon is deemed.

Suddenly, the flowers decay and the beam dies
The animals merry is turned to cry
That same Prophet doth walk by
that same grin, same tone: "my, my..."

The vile grin doth play on his wretched countenance;
Surprisingly he had bested the disciplinary penance -
At the mere chant of a phrase, he interrupts the balance!
"Rise; Rise and feed!" his visage utter salience...

Woke from his slumber, the forsaken paragon rise -
it's hand burst through the earth's crust, death it denies!
An evil ploy - the prophet devised,
The fallen paladin; all but demised...

"You have been risen to fulfil my ploy -
come now, Don't be so Coy!"
The forsaken corpse lifts it's lifeless carcass from it's resting place
"Off to commit utter Calamity and chaos.. Shall we make haste?"

The Prophet and his unliving minion now roam the lands
In the name of what he once faced, now against what he for did stand...

Holy shit that was really good.

You should use hidden tags though.

Level 4
My entry made in minutes By Deathking12

There was a story about a famous soldier who returned from the dead and this is his story.

The Generals of the human army disliked the very end of the soldier who had a great potency to swordsmanship.he was sent on a mission by the very general who hated him to kill a deathknight at rivers of lordareon who haunted the city of lordareon.he traveld from his city to lordareon he found some orcs who are about to kill the king of the city he killed the orcs and as a repayment he was given the hellbringer a sword which haunted its user about how the sword slayed countless humans.
he departed again to the river he went where he would see the deathknight.he wanted until dawn he heard the horse of the deathknight
he armed himself for battle as he slayed the death knight.years past and he led the army as an award for killing the deathknight . His pride for being a general blinded into his own muder.During the scourges quest to find a soldier so strong that he can shatter the very well structures of a wall.a ghoul found the body of the soldier and the ghoul brought the body to the necromancer and brought the soldier back and so the soul of the soldier filled with vengence..

Thats the story of the famous soldier who returned from the dead

Level 4
There was a story about a famous soldier who returned from the dead and this is his story.

The Generals of the human army disliked the very end of the soldier who had a great potency to swordsmanship.he was sent on a mission by the very general who hated him to kill a deathknight at rivers of lordareon who haunted the city of lordareon.he traveld from his city to lordareon he found some orcs who are about to kill the king of the city he killed the orcs and as a repayment he was given the hellbringer a sword which haunted its user about how the sword slayed countless humans.
he departed again to the river he went where he would see the deathknight.he wanted until dawn he heard the horse of the deathknight
he armed himself for battle as he slayed the death knight.years past and he led the army as an award for killing the deathknight . His pride for being a general blinded into his own muder.During the scourges quest to find a soldier so strong that he can shatter the very well structures of a wall.a ghoul found the body of the soldier and the ghoul brought the body to the necromancer and brought the soldier back and so the soul of the soldier filled with vengence..

Thats the story of the famous soldier who returned from the dead

The story was too short but Im impressed.... it reminds me of the TV show in Cartoon Network "Adventure time". LOL! You may want to read mine too, its too long. Im not yet finish on it. The name of my story is The Undead Knight, Kel'thas.

Status
Not open for further replies.