Write a story where you introduce the reader to a completely new concept of lore:
Location, characters, race, faction, something else or all the aforementioned. Form
and direction is open for interpretation, the only limitation is to make and introduce
something conceptually "new" to the reader.
- The entry must be at least 2000 words, and may reach a maximum of 10,000 words.
- Absolutely no plagiarism.
- All entries must be written in fluent English, illegible entries will be disqualified.
- The entry must abide by the theme.
- At least one WIP (Work In Progress) must be presented before the deadline
- The story may NOT be the same as preexisting works of literature/art by any author, including yourself.
- First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
- Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
- Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
- Remaining entries: 5 reputation points for each submission (for users with final entries who made it to the public poll)
- Judge: 10 reputation for each assigned judge
- Let us know if you want to be a judge
|How deep the lore goes and how nicely it was brought to the reader.|
Characters: Are there any characters involved? If yes, how well were they presented? Were their motives and actions clear and congruent to the events?
Objects/Locations: Are there any objects and/or locations involved? How vividly were they delivered?
|Did the story fit the theme of the contest?||/20|
Flow & Pacing
|Did the story flow along smoothly without any part feeling rushed or empty?||/20|
Creativity & Originality
|How well did the elements of the story blend with each other? Is the combination of elements unique?||/15|
|How efficient was the writing style? Is it enhancing the aesthetical output of the story? Does it have grammatical errors that distract the reader?||/15|
- 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on Date and conclude on Date, GMT