Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!Dismiss Notice
The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.Dismiss Notice
Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!Dismiss Notice
The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Spirit of the Forest v1.5
Submitted by Flux
|Spirit of the Forest|
Someone requested this certain spell in GUI using Hashtable with the Spirits being clickable and showing HP. Might as well share it in the spell section. Maybe someone can use it or learn from it.
Has a chance to summon a spirit that will circle around this Hero when attacked. Each spirit summoned decreases all attributes of this Hero by 1. Spirits damages nearby enemy units and self within 200 AoE. Spirits cast a weaker Detonate upon death and has an HP of 300.
Level 1 - 20% chance, 30 DPS, maximum of 6 spirits
Level 2 - 40% chance, 40 DPS, maximum of 8 spirits
Level 3 - 60% chance, 50 DPS, maximum of 10 spirits
- The chance to summon Spirits per Level
- Editable to be clickable / not clickable
- Damage per second of the Spirits
- AoE of the Spirit Damage
- Damage to self of the Spirits
- Attribute Effects to the Hero when a spirit is summoned (gain / loss / no effect)
- Speed of Spirit Rotation
- Spirit Radius from the Hero
- Maximum number of Spirits that can circle the hero per level
- HP of the Spirit
A Damage Detection System. In the sample map, I used
Physical Damage Detection for GUI by looking_for_help, but any DDS will do if you prefers to trigger the spell when unit is damaged instead of when attacked.
Spirit Spinning Loop
1) Make sure you check the "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" in File->Preferences of World Editor.
2) Copy the 1 Custom Buff named Spirit of the Forest.
3) Copy SOTF Attribute Effect, SOTF Detonate, and the Spirit of the Forest Hero Ability
4) Copy the 'Spirit of the Forest' Unit.
5) Copy the whole "Spells" Trigger folder & paste in map.
6) If you are using your own DDS, copy this part to your own DDS, otherwise copy the "Damage Library" Trigger folder.
Code to copy if using own DDS
7) If you are using the same Damage Detection Engine, copy the 2 abilities 'DAMAGE_TYPE_DETECTOR and SET_MAX_LIFE'.
8) Test the map
Spirit, circle, nature, wisp, chance, hashtable, mui, spin
Page 1 of 2
Page 1 of 2