• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
even tho i dont understand a single thing about trigger and GUI thing i got a idea for someone :) its little bit of a challange i think :/ well i dont know if i can post it here. So Private message if u want to know :)

Level 37
Grrr...

I just commented the half of the trigger and then my PC crashed... D:

Edit:

Is there enough trigger comments?

• Black Arrow Check
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Black Arrow
    • Actions
      • -------- Setting the casting and targeted unit --------
      • Set Unit[1] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Unit[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Checking if the unit have enough life to cast this spell --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of Unit[1]) Less than or equal to (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Creating a message that you don't have enough life to cast the spell --------
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of Unit[1]))) for 2.00 seconds the text: ...
          • -------- - --------
          • -------- Ordering caster to stop --------
          • Unit - Order Unit[1] to Stop
        • Else - Actions
  • Black Arrow Run
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Black Arrow
    • Actions
      • -------- Setting the casting and targeted unit --------
      • Set Unit[1] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Unit[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Checking if the unit have enough life to cast this spell --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of Unit[1]) Greater than or equal to (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Setting the life of casting unit to life of casting unit - 90 x Level of ability, simple math formula --------
          • Unit - Set life of Unit[1] to ((Life of Unit[1]) - (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))))
          • -------- - --------
          • -------- This "wait" waits untill the arrow hits the targeted unit cehcking every 0.10 secodnds as it is minimum --------
          • Wait until ((Unit[2] has buff Black Arrow(custom) ) Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (6 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Damaging the targeted unit --------
              • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2], dealing (2.00 x (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Creating a floating text --------
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((2 x (90 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))) + !) above Unit[2] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (40.00%, 0.00%, 60.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Creating a nice special effect on the targeted unit --------
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Unit[2] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\OrbOfDeath\OrbOfDeathMissile.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2], dealing (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • -------- - --------
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((90 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))) + !) above Unit[2] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (40.00%, 0.00%, 60.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Unit[2] using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
          • -------- - --------
          • -------- Condition checks if the unit is still "alive" --------
          • -------- I left it that it checks if life is less than 5, it doesnt matter, it can go up to 15 but 5 is enough --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of Unit[2]) Less than 5.00
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Setting the location of targeted unit --------
              • Set Point[1] = (Position of Unit[2])
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Damaging the unit kills the unit since its life is less than 5 and mekes you the killer --------
              • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2], dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- "Healing" heals caster for 120 x Level of ability, a little of math :P --------
              • Unit - Set life of Unit[1] to ((Life of Unit[1]) + (120.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))))
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Creating the dummy at the given location --------
              • -------- Giving and setting the ability --------
              • -------- Ordering Dummy to cast the given spell --------
              • -------- - --------
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Unit[1]) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Black Arrow(dummy) to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Black Arrow(dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pit Lord - Howl Of Terror
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Creating a nice special effect on the targeted and casting unit --------
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Unit[1] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIil\AIilTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point[1] using Abilities\Spells\Other\HowlOfTerror\HowlCaster.mdl
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Claring leaks --------
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])
              • -------- - --------
              • -------- Setting a 75% chance and if the hunt is a hero --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 75) and ((Unit[2] is A Hero) Equal to True)
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- Setting the life of caster to 100% --------
                  • Unit - Set life of Unit[1] to 100.00%
                  • -------- - --------
                  • -------- Creating a nice special effect on the casting unit --------
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Unit[1] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DarkRitual\DarkRitualTarget.mdl
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 23
Berzeker, wow^^. That some helluva actions you got there.

I do wonder though, does that "target unit of ability being cast really registers on begins casting, or are you just lucky? And the wait for condition action will make the spell neither mui or mpi :/

After the wait you got some actions which are the same both in the then block and the else block, and the main difference are the effects, the creation of the floating text and the damage dealt. Move the actions which are the same for the both blocks, to 'after' the whole if checking.

attack type spells, damage type normal... If I remember right, this will deal damage based on the armor reduction. Using damage type unknown will solve that issue (if it is an issue).

Level 23
-Berz, checking the distance between the unit and the target would even be more efficient, and then start a timer, (or a wait, Gui is so limited >.>), then check the buff.
Thats probably the best idea I could think of.

I mean, you could change the part I was talking about to:
  • Wait until ((Unit[2] has buff Black Arrow(custom) ) Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
    • If - Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (6 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2], dealing (2.00 x (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • -------- - --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((2 x (90 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1]))))) + !) above Unit[2] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (40.00%, 0.00%, 60.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • -------- - --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Unit[2] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\OrbOfDeath\OrbOfDeathMissile.mdl
    • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2], dealing (90.00 x (Real((Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • -------- - --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((90 x (Level of Black Arrow for Unit[1])))) + !) above Unit[2] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (40.00%, 0.00%, 60.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • -------- - --------

Level 37
Hmmm...thats a smart thinking, i didn't thought of that D:

I'll just try to put another if in and manage something out :p

Edit:

@ Eccho

Ill check it out =)

And distances, my first idea how to make it, but you see the arrow is a bit slow i think its speed its 900 or so and the cast range is 750, so we have a problem here, lets say that the other unit is really fast and before the units gets hit it could be far away :S

But meh...I'll just somehow use your ideas and leave the whole thing as it is

Edit:

This condition should work right?
  • ((Unit[2] has buff Black Arrow(custom) ) Equal to False) and ((Unit[2] is alive) Equal to False)
Because its like impossible to test t by myself.

Level 15
I just thought I would make a post here to say something. I would be joining, but school has my schedule booked -_-. I might have some time to make a spell if the teachers do not give homework :D (Like that would happen).
Anyway, I don't really have an idea yet (had one, but couldn't get it to work properly, given up all hope on it (=) [Lol Double Smiley]
Anyway, I believe everyone actually get reps at the end of the contest, people (like me) are in the habbit of +rep everyone who participated :p
PS: Yeah, the condition should work :D
PPS:Eccho, if you are going to submit an entry, why not make it official?
PPPS: xxdingo93xx, lol another lightning spell
PPPPS: If we take all the S&S Mini-Contest spells and put them together, we could make a really good map :p

Level 23
@ Berz
This condition should work right?
  • ((Unit[2] has buff Black Arrow(custom) ) Equal to False) and ((Unit[2] is alive) Equal to False)

You check if the unit is not having the buff and that the unit is dead? I dont know why you want it, because if a unit is dead it doesnt have any buffs:p

@ Zack

If you mean that I am going to submit it in the spells section, then yes. Its just that I am using this theme as a guidline. (If I get the time ofc... curse you, school)

@ Dynasti

Gonna check it out then^^

Level 23
Something is wrong... I cant open in since it kicks me back to the main menu.
Opening it in jngp doesnt work either, as JassHelper is refusing to save it.

I tried other maps... this is the only one troubling ._:

Level 18
Something is wrong... I cant open in since it kicks me back to the main menu.
Opening it in jngp doesnt work either, as JassHelper is refusing to save it.

I tried other maps... this is the only one troubling ._:

Im aware of it. I did the same thing, wierd :s
>.<
The JNGP fails at saving it when Map name is to long

Edit: Fixed it, download the map again

Level 23
Oh wow, that looks amazing! I love the randomness, and it looks so smooth and doesnt lag at all. I couldnt find any leaks so far either.

But the tooltip needs to be better in my opinion (must find something to complain about^^?)

Level 18
Oh wow, that looks amazing! I love the randomness, and it looks so smooth and doesnt lag at all. I couldnt find any leaks so far either.

But the tooltip needs to be better in my opinion (must find something to complain about^^?)

Love no lagg ^^ ( i did a lagg test, spawned 100 spike waves without effects. only 0.03 fps drop :p )

[OFFTOPICNESS]
>.< like Shoopdawoop random spikes?!!!

Level 13
Yes, I'm already finished :) I just want to search for bugs and think of any stuff I could add^^

The only thing is, that it contains 8 triggers, while 1 is the spell and 7 are systems (I wrote by myself :p). There is an info why I'm using them and then they are realy usefull, but 8... argh xD k, the 7 are one category so you only need to copy 2 things out of the trigger editor^^

Level 21
This is my Entry to this Contest:

THE DESERT ANT

A quite random spell, if you cast it on a point there will come spikes up in a preset interval, quite long range, each spike deals initial damage and causes a stackable bleeding on the enemy hit, so the damage is quite random. Interval of Spikes is 2 seconds and Number of Spikes per Interval is 25. Each spike deals to all enemies in 50 range around 25 damage and causes the bleeding to him. The Bleeding deals 5 damage per second and lasts 10 seconds.

THIS SPELL USES AND REQUIRES MY CHANGED DOT SYSTEM (original by Paladon). The System is inside of the map and can just be copied.

FEATURES:

MUI,
Leakfree (just alot of SFX),
easily changeable,
supports 3 levels at the moment and gives a easy introduction how to make more.

DOWNLOAD: View attachment The Desert Ant.w3x

Level 21
Check the spell... a desert ant is something different as a ant lion dude... and the spells are COMPLETELY different.

A desert ant is a area of sand with spikes all over it... (a destroyed mountain, spread over the desert as spikes or rocks)

A ant lion is a animal which eats scorpions, snakes and more if they get in his area...

Level 37
Yay! I have my done! =)

It just needs a few game triggers :p

And btw. Is this good enough that people could understand?

Black Arrow

Shoots a powerful dark arrow at the targeted unit.
Casting harms the caster.
Targeted unit suffers some damage.
There is a chance, that targeted unit suffers critical damage, that is 2x primary damage.
The arrow consists of pure fear, so the armor of targeted unit is reduced.
If targeted unit dies, it releases Howl of Pain, that reduces the armor of nearby enemy units.
As targeted unit dies by the arrow, the caster gains hit points, but if targeted unit is a hero, there is a chance that caster fully recovers its life.

Level 13
Here is my submission :)

Dark Rift
[Target]: Point/Area
[Casting Time]: Instant
[Duration]: 10 Seconds
[Description]: The Voidwalker evokes a dark invisible rift.
The rift will suck out the energy of all enemys that try to leave it, applying several effects depending on the time they stayed in it.
[1-1.9 Seconds]: The dark energy aims on the legs of his victim, slowing him by 30%.
[2-4.9 Seconds]: Realising a painfull power, the rift catches the the enemy and stuns him.
[5-9.9 Seconds]: The rift hungers for blood, stunning his victim to stay next to him and dealing damage.
[10 Seconds]: Torturing his victim isn't enough anymore and the rift tries to kill it, stunning him a long time and dealing a lot of damage.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm considering dropping War3, it is starting to become repititious, and compared to other games, a really big waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.