• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello! I'm working on a Lord of the Rings map and I have done everything myself so far, however there are some spells i'd like to add to the game that I don't have the ability to make myself. If anyone wants to help i'd be really grateful.

Abilities:
Earth Slam: The hill giant slams the ground throwing back enemy units in front of him and damaging and stunning them.

Glorious Charge- The swan knight charges continually for 10 seconds, knocking back enemy units around him and dealing damage. (I already made this, but it's very primitive and the units aren't knocked back but rather just move back instantly when within range of the Swan Knight)

Line Damage- The ballista deals damage in a line up to the target of the attack.

If anyone would do even 1 of these I would be very appreciative! Thanks!

Level 10
send me the map, i will do at least one of them.
about glorious charge: how does it work exactly?
about earth slam: are they tossed into the air or just pushed away from the caster?

Bless ya laddie! Remember, never toss a dwarf! But really, thanks

Glorious charge is supposed be like the trample ability from games like Battle for Middle Earth. What is supposed to happen is the knight casts the charge ability which has a 10 seconds duration. You can control his movement just like with normal units, but when enemy units come within a close range of the knight they are thrown back and dealt damage to. So what you would use this for is you would get a few swan knights and use their ability to clear a choke hold, push enemy unit away from something vulnerable (Like a low hp hero, or siege weapon), or to get to the back of enemy lines to kill archers. My version works well enough, but it doesn't look very good.

The other ability, Earth Slam, would preferably toss units in the air and throw them a little ways away, like 500 or so, maybe 700. But I think doing a whole arc parabola thing would probably be a lot more difficult, so whichever one works for me.

Don't worry about the line damage thing, that's just an extra thing that would be interesting, but its not vital.

The most important ability to do is the Earth Slam one though, so if you're doing 1 then that would be the one to do
I attached the map!

Edit: Also the charge ability is under the "units" category under the gondor trigger comment

Attachments

• Lotr Conquest v 0.5 Alpha.w3x
    7.8 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.