• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Replacements for advanced classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well I was talking with Wolfe the other day and he came up with the idea of slightly tweaking some spells to work better for each Advanced class. We however did not go into detail so I'm going to attempt that now.

Maybe...

Druid:
Flaming Arrow-> Searing Arrow: (attackpower) physical damage+(spellpowerX1.75) fire damage over the same amount of time.

Hunter:
Remedy-> Primal Rage: Increases the target's attackpower and attackspeed by (attackpowerX.1) for 70 Seconds. 33.5 Seconds CD, 7 second casting time.

Bishop:
Symbol of Fury-> Symbol of Magic: Increases spellpower by 10% for 45 seconds.

Monk:
Divine Shield-> Magic Shell: Negates the next incomming spell completely. Only works on certain spells. (not like ata or Curse of the Vampire).

Bard:
Song of Vigour-> Song of Rigour: Increases the main state of the target by (levelX.33).

Assassin:
Steal-> Mug: Same as steal but does (attackpowerx.5) damage.

Berserker:
Intimidateing Roar: Intimidates the surrounding enemies decreasing their attackspeed by 5% and reducing threat towards the user.

Crusader:
Shield Bash-> Smite: Deals (strengthX1.5) and (intellegenceX1.5) holy damage to the target. Interupts Spellcasting. Creates a high amount of threat.

Sorcerer:
Magic Mislle-> Magic Barrage: Deals (spellpowerX.5) in 5 burst to al targets in the area.

Necromancer:
Water Globes-> Corrosive Bath: (Deals spellpowerX4) poison damage and causes the target to take 10% extra fire or lightning damage for 10 seconds. (Think about it like a flammable liqued such as gas or something which lightning can spark)

Well this would put a difference between each class even more, and help each class with their current role, also might make it harder to figure out waht to get rid of for new skills hence causing more diversity. Feel free to post your ideas on mine or what skills should be changed to what.... be realistic.....

Level 13
So you want skills to change based on how you uptier?
Tbh, as neat as some of those skills sound as base ideas, I don't see the point in making skills act as variants, aside from claw strike and what we discussed before, since it's affected by the summoned unit.

Although mug is amusing.

With more skills coming in 1.2 and later versions why do we need the skills built for early game to change now?

Level 17
Actually, replacing Divine Shield on the Monk would probably be a good thing considering it is disabled when Steel Body is active, and a Monk can't function without Steel Body so changing it into something the Monk could actually use is in fact a good idea.

You probably thought ihaz mean't changing it completely. No, he only mean't for the Monk.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Actually, replacing Divine Shield on the Monk would probably be a good thing considering it is disabled when Steel Body is active, and a Monk can't function without Steel Body so changing it into something the Monk could actually use is in fact a good idea.
Monks can also be used as pure damage dealers when steel body is deactivated. In this case you can also use divine shield and heal.

Other than that; I understand the whole idea behind this thread, but its not going to happen. With the effort I would need to put into all those spells, I could easily add more advanced class spells, which is the better choice, if you ask me.

Level 8
I also think more advance spells is better, so classes like druid or monk can make rid of damaging/healing spells and make room healing/tanking skills

Level 6
Druid:
Flaming Arrow-> Searing Arrow: (attackpower) physical damage+(spellpowerX1.75) fire damage over the same amount of time.
He should do divine or maybe poison dmg, not fire (fire hurts trees!)
I see druid as mystic religion archer
Hunter:
Remedy-> Primal Rage: Increases the target's attackpower and attackspeed by (attackpowerX.1) for 70 Seconds. 33.5 Seconds CD, 7 second casting time.
70 seconds maybe to long for +power and +speed
Bishop:
Symbol of Fury-> Symbol of Magic: Increases spellpower by 10% for 45 seconds.
Should lower cooldown times, not increase SP...even it makes faster, not stronger
Monk:
Divine Shield-> Magic Shell: Negates the next incomming spell completely. Only works on certain spells. (not like ata or Curse of the Vampire).
Useless if works only on 1 spell and not on a good time range...and maybe should only works for monk himself?
Bard:
Song of Vigour-> Song of Rigour: Increases the main state of the target by (levelX.33).
43/3 = 14...little high and dont know why change bard skill, main stat (state lol) means only str/agi/int?
A song / music should helps all players in range maybe? idk
Assassin:
Steal-> Mug: Same as steal but does (attackpowerx.5) damage.
Will / should spott the Assassin at steal...
(maybe should thief spott too if i think about they visit bosses only 4 steal)
Berserker:
Intimidateing Roar: Intimidates the surrounding enemies decreasing their attackspeed by 5% and reducing threat towards the user.
Why should it reduce threat?
Crusader:
Shield Bash-> Smite: Deals (strengthX1.5) and (intellegenceX1.5) holy damage to the target. Interupts Spellcasting. Creates a high amount of threat.
Theres no "holy" dmg in this game, its just transfers dmg to str+int else only str
Sorcerer:
Magic Mislle-> Magic Barrage: Deals (spellpowerX.5) in 5 burst to al targets in the area.
to powerfull aoe
Necromancer:
Water Globes-> Corrosive Bath: (Deals spellpowerX4) poison damage and causes the target to take 10% extra fire or lightning damage for 10 seconds. (Think about it like a flammable liqued such as gas or something which lightning can spark)
Acid Globes (maybe green ones): Deals SPx4 shadow/poison damage, lowers enemy defense -2 for each casting (will stay for long time...60seconds or such), 10% chance to do 10% more fire / shadow / lightning dmg. in next 5 seconds, but will lowers water dmg by 20% (washing off acid) in this 5 seconds

Level 17
I also think more advance spells is better, so classes like druid or monk can make rid of damaging/healing spells and make room healing/tanking skills

Just criticizing your point - but one advanced class should not be shafted with skills that force them to become a certain role. If a Bishop can DPS and heal, then a Druid or Monk should be able to be relatively adept at either style (Monk being Tank and/or DPS and Druid being DPS and/or Healer).

Level 8
Well monk with with 50 sp is not rly good spell caster, so more advanced spells like new abilitys based on ap not sp could be more usefull.

more spell for advanced class is making it more interesing and alow player to choose spell for hes own play style

Level 8
well... all sp based skills

instead of soul strike, mind strike area dmg sp plus 1,5ap
instead of cripple, 'pasion' makes enemy suffer 30% dmg dealt to monk
(for new spell that rigger instant spell cast) instead of heal, divine charge, rush to target dealing 3x ap and making target attack slower by 50% for 2sec.

Level 3
Tsumo you said there is no "holy" damage. If you look at your crusader's celestial zeal i believe it does say it does holy damage, however instead of being "holy" in the resists it is "divine". Also as for lowering the threat for the berserker skilll, I think that berserkers werent ment to be tanks at all, so it would make sense to decrease their threat in some way shape or form.
And to Ziewb, you can add skills to change the class, but at the same time you can't enforce the new skills, which could end up not changing the class roll like planned. Like the berserker, after weakening the splash of two handed weapons, removing the increased threat on hateful strike (I could be wrong but i believe in older versions it did, and if you did remove the increased threat you decreased the ability for squires to tank d1 and d2), and making berserker rage. Berserkers can still tank, they will just use demo shout and leap and that is enough, they dont have to use berserker rage. And there you have a slightly not as good, but still very usable and very capable, tank with good dps. Berserkers, keeping their squire abilities, are much stronger than need be. This can also go the other way, such as with monks. Monks are very underpowered, and no matter what skills you add, they will be underpowered until they get all their skills. Monks are underpowered because it seems you are changing a class into tank/dps from what used to be a healer. Not only that, but they switch from casting and using casting times into what seems mostly just passive playing from regular attacks, so soul strike is out of the picture and that leaves a bunch of useless spells such as for 50 sp that take 3ish seconds to cast and confidence which you should already have in the group if you have a bishop, unless someone tries to solo heal with druid but that required nearly perfect gear and lots of experience, and even with that you they cant prevent people from dieing a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.