• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Brainstorming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind Domination, I have a spell which could use that name.The spell controls all enemy and creep units within a target area for 30 seconds. The units under the buff are not controlled by us, but instead, they just attack each other. It's like the cloud spell.

Still i think i may have other spell that actually enables us to control the enemy target units for an amount of time.
That name would be perfect for a spell of this type.

Still, if that is the name you want to give to the aura it's fine, although you already i don't agree much with that.

Mind Domination, I have a spell which could use that name.The spell controls all enemy and creep units within a target area for 30 seconds. The units under the buff are not controlled by us, but instead, they just attack each other. It's like the cloud spell.

That sounds too much like "Hypnotize", which is going to be one of Pirch's new spells. It's basically a mass temporary charm.

Lol .... i already have that spell in my map if you want to check ...

About the codes, well, i am having a few troubles with the level up trigger ...
The change trigger works perfectly, but every time i change the aura, the learning ability is set to 0, and therefore, you will have to learn the spell from level 1 again .... even if you are in level 5....

I will try to remake again the change trigger to avoid this trouble ... I think i may be able to find a solution, but not for now.

Lol .... i already have that spell in my map if you want to check ...

About the codes, well, i am having a few troubles with the level up trigger ...
The change trigger works perfectly, but every time i change the aura, the learning ability is set to 0, and therefore, you will have to learn the spell from level 1 again .... even if you are in level 5....

I will try to remake again the change trigger to avoid this trouble ... I think i may be able to find a solution, but not for now.

Weird. Well if you can't find a solution, then we can always stick with what you had to start off with.

Well as long as you have my first version there shall be no problems ... I think i may have found the problem ... as well as a solution to solve it, but i am not sure if it will work ..

There is one little thing that i can't do however:
1 - if you have aura2, when you learn the ability, the learning icon will always be the icon from aura 1.

There is a simple solution for this problem: we give the two auras the same learning icon, an icon that differs from their ability icon. However this would force you to choose a new icon ... Still it is the only solution i can find.

There is a simple solution for this problem: we give the two auras the same learning icon, an icon that differs from their ability icon. However this would force you to choose a new icon ... Still it is the only solution i can find.

I already have 700 icons imported. Two more wouldn't hurt. :D

Level 1
Suggestion for Whom?:Firch
Suggestion:Name(And description) for "Aura (Un-named)"
I am just suggesting a name(And description) for firch's unnamed aura... "Hostility Aura: Fills all nearby enemies with a rage that causes them to do more damage when they attack, but are dealt more damage to themselves in return"

Suggestion for Whom?:Firch
Suggestion:Name(And description) for "Aura (Un-named)"
I am just suggesting a name(And description) for firch's unnamed aura... "Hostility Aura: Fills all nearby enemies with a rage that causes them to do more damage when they attack, but are dealt more damage to themselves in return"

We've already figured out a good name. I forgot to update that first post. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Flame_Phoenix said:
I was thinking, maybe the learning icon should be a mix of the icons of the abilities... Like half part for aura 1 and the other half part for aura 2.
Okay. Just use some ingame one for now; I'll make the split one later. Too busy now.

Well, i don't know if it is, but i just know it could be improved.
Instead of a disease cloud it could be some sort of fire spell (like soul burn) and knock back.

His idea is in fact good, but there are a lot of stuff you can add to it.

Also, i am kinda in a .... how do you say it .... wermmm .... a dead end (that's it!) with the spell.
I have not given up yet, but i am getting out of ideas.
Still i will let you know if i find something.

Meanwhile, i can create other spells for you (if you want), but minor spells (that don't require a long time for testing and debugging), as i have two spells to finish now.

[EDIT]
O, I had a look on the spells, i can do Lightning Bolt for you if you want.

Also, i am kinda in a .... how do you say it .... wermmm .... a dead end (that's it!) with the spell.
I have not given up yet, but i am getting out of ideas.
Still i will let you know if i find something.
So you mean you're kinda stuck and need help on what to do next? You can always put something in the spell help section (this is going to be released to the public anyway).

Meanwhile, i can create other spells for you (if you want), but minor spells (that don't require a long time for testing and debugging), as i have two spells to finish now.
Well at the moment I'm trying to figure out why the hell JtD or DoA won't start. TD still starts fine, but the other two don't load.

This only started happening when I added two requested spells that needed cohadar's ABC system (It's some hash handle spell system thingy - I have no idea what exactly it is)

When I click on the map button in the campaign screen it fades out like normal but then I just get a black screen. When I disabled the ABC trigger and the new spell triggers it loads, but as soon as the cinematic ends or I skip it then wc3 crashes with a fatal error.

I'm going to post something there about it, but Wc3c's down. And not the domain; it's the whole server this time.

O, I had a look on the spells, i can do Lightning Bolt for you if you want.
Well I'll put something about it in the secret section; that way other beta testers can help. But at the moment this spell problem is a critical bug; I can't test anything else.

That happens probably because you triggers cause fatal errors. Darky's camp has the same problem.

I don't know the exact problem so i can't help you with that, but if you need help, try talking to PurplePoot, Silvermon or Hyndy, as they are the best Jass pros THW has.
If you can't contact them try out the DrSuperGood. He is far from being as good as those i mentioned but he may be able to help you (not sure, he is not much friendly actually so i can't tell you for sure, but i think it's worth asking)

I understand you won't be able to test the spell, but i can start making it ?

I may add a few things to it. But dunno yet. You'll see =).

EDIT:
Hey, it's done.
I made your spell.
I can post it here if you want.

Still i have a few suggestions to complicate the spell a little bit:
1 - each time the target unit attack the enemy, it will give the enemy a chance to enter in an electrical stage, thus granting him faster attack
2 - each time the unit is attacked, it has a chance of taking extra electrical damage.

Now it's up to you =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it's done.
I made your spell.
I can post it here if you want.
The Mind Mastery one? Go post it in the private forum!

Still i have a few suggestions to complicate the spell a little bit:
1 - each time the target unit attack the enemy, it will give the enemy a chance to enter in an electrical stage, thus granting him faster attack
2 - each time the unit is attacked, it has a chance of taking extra electrical damage.

I want Lightning Bolt to stay relatively simple. But if you want to make something more complicated you could add those things to the Polarize spell.

Also Lightning Bolt should have a 0.5% chance of an instant kill, a 2% chance of doing nothing, and a 8% chance of doing double damage. Just to spruce things up a bit. :D

I mean the Lightning bolt.

So to resume, the Lightning spell must have:
1 - deals damage and slows opponent
2 - 0.5% instant kill (bah, 0.5 is nothing you should increase it)
3 - 2% of doing nothing ( i really think this is a bad idea ...)
4 - 8% of doing double spell damage (nice)

Still, do you want the chances to change per level?

Sure.

Level 1 - just deals damage and slows
Level 2 - add a 4% chance of double damage
Level 3 - 6% double damage, add 0.25% of doing nothing
Level 4 - 8% double damage, 0.5% nothing, 0.5% instakill
Level 5 - 10% double damage, 1% nothing, 1% instakill

So it has the same chance of instakilling as it does of doing nothing.

Well, i posted a help thread in the jass forum about the LB. News soon.

EDIT

Level 1 and Level 2 are finally done and work properly.
Now i just need to create the other 3 levels.

EDIT

The spell is complete and working properly. I will now optimize it. I will post it on the forum, so people give suggestions about how to improve the spell.

Btw, when an unlucky guy gets the "DoNothing chance". will the target unit be stunned and slowed ??? Or just stunned ??? Or nothing really happens at all ?

Last edited:
Btw, when an unlucky guy gets the "DoNothing chance". will the target unit be stunned and slowed ??? Or just stunned ??? Or nothing really happens at all ?

Nothing at all. To show that it's actually working you could make the lightning bolt miss or something.

Oh, and the lightning bolt effect is triggered. Same goes for the sound. (Use Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl)

I'll add the sound effect, just add the comment wherever you want me to add the sound.

Oh, and good news! Poot agreed to help out in spell making. Hopefully he'll fix up some of Malf's spells so they don't need that nasty ABC system.

Ok great news! PurplePoot is in deed the best JAsser i've ever seen in action.

You can give me the sound file, i can add it for you. Btw, if you need any models for the spell, you can also give them to me.

EDIT, miss thing is done. Now when you use the spell if you get DoNothingChance a text saying miss will be displayed.

I will soon add that target effect.

Last edited:
Level 15
Coalch:
what kind of dragon is he? Fire, water, ligthning=

The basic: Whirlwind - Coalch flaps his wings whit such a force that a mighty cyclone is summoned, the cyclone flies in a straight line and pick-ups all units it hits, dealing damage and pulls them whit it. When the cyclone disappears, all units are throwed down on the ground and stunned for a couple of seconds.

Now his Ulti: Kings Breath - Coalch thinks of beign a good king and breathes a mighty wave of fire that ignites all hitted units, they will have damage over time. If the target already is under effect of Stomp, they will be knocked even thurther (i really need to know how it is spelled) away.

hoped it helped :)
PS: your campaign is cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.