• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Brainstorming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Lirch:

Enrage(Ulti)

Whenever Lirch's hp comes below 300 he becomes furius, trying to hit anyone close to him with massive damage and attack speed.

So this is like 45 bonus damage and 200% attack speed bonus but he attacks any enemy close to him and if a friendly unit is nearby the attacked unit, he will also be damaged for the same amount, like a 100% cleaving attack. But has a long cooldown.

Lirch:

Enrage(Ulti)

Whenever Lirch's hp comes below 300 he becomes furius, trying to hit anyone close to him with massive damage and attack speed.

So this is like 45 bonus damage and 200% attack speed bonus but he attacks any enemy close to him and if a friendly unit is nearby the attacked unit, he will also be damaged for the same amount, like a 100% cleaving attack. But has a long cooldown.

Wow,the best idea so far!Passive it is.

I believe GUI is past, i use JASS =). Besides JASS is a little similar to JAVA, and i can use some concepts as well. It helps me training =).

Btw, can you give me that tutorial website again ?

EDIT
No need, i have found the tutorial again =).

EDIT EDIT

Well, i have finally read the tutorial. It is a nice tutorial in deed. Now that i read it, i will post my method here:
* I will use a global variable for Lirch, the Hero.
*I will use 8 spell books. Each spell book contains a combination of auras and a specific level
*Each Spell book will contain the 2 auras with the same level
*I will create a total 16 auras (if i am not making any mistake), an aura for each level.
*It will have 4 levels as combined
*I will create a dummy ability with 4 levels. each time the player uses that dummy ability, the spell book changes.

My method is more complicated than i initially thought. the spell will work, but it will give a lot of work to implement.
I will try to change this method with further research.

I will keep you guys informed.

Last edited:
ARRGGHHHH, well, i am making an aura which increases armor and decreases attack, or vice-versa .. loool I just don't seem to get the names of the characters ..

Well, if this is Evil aura, than yes, that is what i am working on lol =)

Oh, and no, that is now the website, it was another one about spell books. No problemo as i have already found it =)

Hi i have good new.

I think i may have found a way to use only 2 spellbooks and 2 abilities.
This is great because i can avoid creating 5 spellbooks and 25 aura abilities.
However the tests are nor being as successful as i predicted, it seems that warcraft has a bug with spell books, even before they are attached to the unit.

I hope it is the Book ID, because if it is, then i will solve the problem. But if it is not, well, lets just say that i have a major problem on my hands.

Hi i have good new.

I think i may have found a way to use only 2 spellbooks and 2 abilities.
This is great because i can avoid creating 5 spellbooks and 25 aura abilities.
However the tests are nor being as successful as i predicted, it seems that warcraft has a bug with spell books, even before they are attached to the unit.

I hope it is the Book ID, because if it is, then i will solve the problem. But if it is not, well, lets just say that i have a major problem on my hands.

Shouldn't be that hard. Like I said you'll have 2 abilities to turn the aura on and off. You'll have 10 more abilities, 5 for the "off" aura and 5 for the "on" aura, one for each level. Then you'll have one spell book.
Code:
Evil Aura On 1
Evil Aura On 2
Evil Aura On 3
Evil Aura On 4
Evil Aura On 5
Evil Aura Off 1
Evil Aura Off 2
Evil Aura Off 3
Evil Aura Off 4
Evil Aura Off 5
Then you just set the level of the spell book appropriately.

Good news everyone !! I managed to find and remove the spell book bug ! It was created because i used the command "copy-paste" from an older spell book. Therefore the rawcodes could be different, but the game still didn't know which book was which.

Now that i have the change ability ready for level 1, i will increase the code size and make it work for all the 5 levels.
I believe that it's only a matter of time now, until i finish the spell, as i think i have overcome one of my major difficulties.

I'll keep you people in touch.
Oh and btw, i am only using 2 books and 4 spells and 1 dummy ability. Simple don't you think ?
However the code will be BIG. No problem, i have it all commented so everyone can easily understand it.

The final version of the spell will be in a map, with instructions. I will post the spell here.
Note that it is not MUI. To make it MUI would require more coding and take more memory.
The coding wouldn't be the problem, but i believe the memory would.

I will also post the spell in the forum so PurplePoot and other JASS pros may evaluate it and correct it.

Last edited:
HII everyon1 !! i have good news for all those who are in the Pyritie's project !!
LOL, well, the alpha version of the Evil aura is finally completed. In this version everything works as it is supposed to, but the script is still basic and not optimized.
Still for all effects the spell is practically ready.

I am working on the beta version now. The beta version will have improved comments, a mini tutorial explaining how to implement the code, and the code will be optimized. I may also add an extra function to correct a small bug (well, i don't consider it a bug because it is not an error, but some people may think that, soi am considering the chance of solving that).

The beta version will also be submitted the THW JASS professionals.

EDIT

In this alpha version i have:
- 2 triggers with a total of 143 lines (not optimized)
- 4 aura abilities with 5 levels each (stats not optimized)
- 2 books with 5 levels each (stats not optimized)
- 1 dummy ability to make the change (not optimized)

In my beta version (and probably final) i will have:
- 1 trigger with more than 150 lines (to optimize space and running speed)
- 4 aura abilities with 5 levels each (stats optimized)
- 2 books with 5 levels each (stats optimized)
- 1 dummy ability to make the change (optimized)
- A mini tutorial explaining how to implement and use the ability
- a possible "bug" fix

Last edited:
Meh, so you wanna see the progress of the spell ? i can post here the alpha version if you want, but i strongly recommend you to wait for my beta version =)

Hope you get happy with my job.

Btw, thx for rep+ m8 =), i've been working hard on this :piru:

EDIT

Also, do you think that it would be a good idea to post this spell for THW spell section ?, People would credit your campaign to use it, it would be a good announcement.

Also, see my last post, as i've made a few changes on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.