• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some random bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've heard a report by some previously banned people telling me by email that they received a ban for no real reason at all, saying that the reason looks more like a non-admin ban than a formal ban. For example, one guy told me that some guy banned him for some player's revenge.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As far as I was aware during my years on staff, no one was banned for revenge or reasons unrelated to the site.

Most of the banned people were repetitive reoffenders (multi accounting, not listening to warnings) or people who found it funny to break the site rules (posting stolen content and refusing to admit it was not theres). Infact, a lot of them have been unbanned in the mean time (their infractions should have expired).

98% of people who come to this site generally have a favorable experience. I am guessing you just are unlucky to know / interact with a bad group of people (thinking that being a rebal is cool). Infact, if that is the case they are probably lieing to you to just make you post this sort of thread.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Uncyclopedia, I advise trying to make up with the staff if you are multi accounting. They can often be quite forgiving. In any case, I am sure it is a better use of time for everyone, both you and the staff. This site is here to provide support for Warcraft 3 (and maybe SC2), it is not here to fight you or as something for you to fight.

There are no random bans at all, all banned users received warnings, some even few times before they was actually banned! Point is that some users keep fighting/trolling/ignoring warnings and cause troubles before staff ban them for good...

I for example send message to user to change avatar, user title, stop multi uploading resource and so on, post comments and warn guys even before I start with giving neg rep or infractions! But in 80% cases users ignore warnings so half of them end up with ban (that usually last few months), witch is actually sad :sad:

For example, one guy told me that some guy banned him for some player's revenge.
I guess that you won't tell us name even if we ask you right?
Pyramidhe@d explained, at least for you enough, what problem was!

Please take Dr Super Good advice, then read rules few times, respect them and everything should be ok!

Rebels Unite!
MortAr what you wanted to tell us with your post? :sad: I don't see point!

Status
Not open for further replies.