• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So... will people still play WC3?

In the face of Starcraft II, will you remain faithful to WCIII?

• I'm staying with WCIII

Votes: 94 61.4%
  • I've already gotten SCII; goodbye WCIII

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I'm thinking about gettign SCII, and will stop from WCIII if I get it.

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • I'm too poor to afford SCII, so I'm stuck with WCIII

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
As far as I know the total cost for Starcraft II (expansions included) won't come close to the $500.

Even if Warcraft IV turns out to be a nice game I don't think many players would buy it if it wan't produced by Blizzard and it's the community that made Warcraft III and the maps that made it this popular.

Level 11
I may play WC ladder sometimes cause its more active. I'll buy SC II only cause of its Galaxy Editor and Custom Games. I hate the ladder in SC. its so booring and irritating. Just mound your army, attack, mound it again, attack ZZzzzz....

~Still waiting for Warcraft IV :)

Level 25
Warcraft IV

If someone actually had the money to buy out Warcraft copyrights from blizzard then....oh wait this must be a joke -.-

Seriously:
(Made by an independent company and I have been waiting for this for a while)

Warcraft and all of it's components are copyrighted by Blizzard, including the name.

Also if you are refering to some kind of a mod for Warcraft 3, it is still inferior to SC2 galaxy editor if it uses the shell of WE.

Level 3
Wha' the 'ell is Dawn of War?

Back to teh topic...Starcraft 2 is gay...hahahahahahaha.

Last edited:
Wha' the 'ell is Dawn of War?

Back to teh topic...Starcraft 2 is gay...hahahahahahaha.

Dawn of war is like Starcraft but better, with a more interesting story and more interesting units. The animations are all twice as awesome and the skirmishes look more realistic.

The only thing Starcraft has on it is moddability.

Level 3
What is wrong with you people!!!
Why does nobody need Random/Unorthodox/Idiotic ideas for their maps??:confused:

Level 3
Starcraft 2... I was never so much a "fan" of SC. Maybe because I got my hands on it after Wc3. I really don't want to pass to SC. And I think some people will agree with me when I say that Wc3 will not fall after release of SC2.

Level 8
DoW has it's own scripting language SCAR which is actually Lua + DoW Functions. It is much better than JASS and Galaxy, but doesn't have as much functionallity. Also you can mod every unit, squad, weapon, projectile, banner. There is a mission editor which has more possibilities than the SC terrain editor. You could also add your own native functions somehow with C++ to SCAR with .dll's or smth... But as I said, it's way harder to mod DoW than WC3 and SC2. :) So yeah +1 for Blizzard on that.

Level 3
Hey...whats plagiarism mean? Coz I think the same rules apply to the Starcraft series and DOW... Anyways Warhammer 40K is WAAAAAAYYY tooooo depressing...:con:

Level 2
I believe that Starcraft II, even with its advanced Galaxy Editor, will not live so long as Warcraft III does. As you can see, Warcraft III supports a better fanbase, and offers more of a challenge in Games/Mapmaking compared to Starcraft II!

Level 19
I believe that Starcraft II, even with its advanced Galaxy Editor, will not live so long as Warcraft III does. As you can see, Warcraft III supports a better fanbase, and offers more of a challenge in Games/Mapmaking compared to Starcraft II!

You've got a point there...

Level 11
For how much i love both games... im still gonna play Warcaft III, but if people make some really wicked maps on SC2, then i might move there.... but it just ticks me of that they've been working on it for so long, and hardly accomplished much from SC1... sure the graphics are good... but 3 races still??? cmon... they've been working on this for how long?? but anyway... lol ill probably play SC2 still cause SC1 started RTS's for me :D hehe

Level 19
I just hope we'll be able to find a way to make Warcraft III as majority-popular as possible... The games here actually originated from so long ago and it'd be a waste to dump it so suddenly...

Level 19
Thanks for the great spirit:) You actually could convince Blizzard, because that might actually bring (Tons Of) Players to Warcraft III again... Not to say, if they made Warcraft IV and made an even better World Editor...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The problem will still be present. Of course Warcraft III won't lose all of its players, and certainly neither is said so by people who claim that «WC3 will die». It is an exaggerated way of saying that it will lose a significant lot of its players and mod'ders, which is, unfortunately, true.

Level 19
I'd actually prefer Warcraft III because of the challenge it provides with the editor... Rather than Blizzard providing everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.