• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small Village

i believe i promised, back then some years ago to someone that i'll update this to have better animations, well, i've done it now.

Its a village model just a couple houses put togheter and i think it turned out quite nice.
Has one attachment point called lantern.

i think its best when scaled to 0.50

If used in a map then, making some note about me as the creator
of it would be nice :)

changed death and the decay anim, but the decay smoke show's rather weakly,
sorry for that(effects are PaIN)

Keywords:
Small village,small,village,town,city,home,house,houses,buildings.
Contents

Small Village (Model)

Reviews
19:08, 29th May 2009 Pyritie: Looks pretty decent I guess. Although I don't really see the point of one model instead of separate ones.

M

19:08, 29th May 2009
Pyritie: Looks pretty decent I guess. Although I don't really see the point of one model instead of separate ones.

Level 7
huh? why do that when you can make the same in WE o_O

neat =]

Sloupook nonsense

Neither of those comments make any sense for me :D

Misha, imagine, having a city like that in risk, and then place the capture
region inside the city.

would'nt it be much more beautifull then just a barrack and a ring :)?

here is a pathing i managed to make, for 0.50 scale

Attachments

• Path for small village.tga
    786 bytes · Views: 525
Last edited:
Level 10
You know geomerge isn't freehanded. And that a certain percent of the model MUST be freehanded, in order to get approved.

Also, pretty nonsense model. You can do this in WE with the already present models and also you haven't added nothing. A camera, an animation, nothing.

(Phail)

Level 9
This is exactly wath i was searching for!
For everyone who doesn't understand why i think that this model is realy great: You can use it as a Unit! of course i can make a bunch of houses in the WE but its not one unit (or i have to trigger million of sites). You can use it (for axample) as a Townhall upgrade.

I need more of it for my map, so if you have sth: publish it! :cute:

It may not be a very complicated model but its useful.

Level 7
This is exactly wath i was searching for!
For everyone who doesn't understand why i think that this model is realy great: You can use it as a Unit! of course i can make a bunch of houses in the WE but its not one unit (or i have to trigger million of sites). You can use it (for axample) as a Townhall upgrade.

I need more of it for my map, so if you have sth: publish it! :cute:

It may not be a very complicated model but its useful.

ye but the death animation is wrong :D dont forget that,
nice to hear that someone found what he was searching :)

i thought about making something like, small city, big city and
then some sort of metropolis or something :)

Level 6
Very simple. You can make the same in WE if you use it for a doodad. But the nice about this as Racziel said is that it can be used as a building which would be great for risk maps :)

Level 11
i think this would be extremely useful for a certain kind of map. however it would be good if their were a couple different variations of this. like a farm like one. a modern city like one. something useful for a sim map.

i give 5/5 just because of its potential for usefulness.

Level 6
The mod who approved this should be ashamed. This perhaps one of the worst approved models in the model section!

1. None of it is original, it's just a bunch of doodads grouped as a unit
2. There are no animations; the death animation has the whole building spin around 180° and disappear!

Now, if the author were to fix the death/disappate animation instead of admitting they can't model (in which case, why are you modelling? If you can't do something properly, don't submit your work to a repository!), this might be useful, but right now, it's uncreative and useless.

Please delete this, or put it back on 'pending'.

Everyone who says this is 'useful' -- please load it in WE and try using it. You'll find just like I did that it has no value in its current state.

How about we get to constructive critique?

it's true that there are not much uses here =/
one thing you might do is to take an alreaddy animated house like these you put, duplicate that many times, geomerge all geosets on the house to same bones, move/rotate to place where you want other house and repeat that again.

not sure how it will look but it's certainly better than this.

The mod who approved this should be ashamed. This perhaps one of the worst approved models in the model section!

1. None of it is original, it's just a bunch of doodads grouped as a unit
2. There are no animations; the death animation has the whole building spin around 180° and disappear!

Now, if the author were to fix the death/disappate animation instead of admitting they can't model (in which case, why are you modelling? If you can't do something properly, don't submit your work to a repository!), this might be useful, but right now, it's uncreative and useless.

Please delete this, or put it back on 'pending'.

Everyone who says this is 'useful' -- please load it in WE and try using it. You'll find just like I did that it has no value in its current state.

Like I've said to another person who's contributed nothing, let's see you do better. Come on, let's see it.

Now then, despite what everyone is saying, this model can be useful, despite how simple it is.

Level 6
Like I've said to another person who's contributed nothing, let's see you do better. Come on, let's see it.

Now then, despite what everyone is saying, this model can be useful, despite how simple it is.

Oh don't give me that rhetoric. A nobody can tell when something is bad, he doesn't need to be a contributor in an art to know how to critique it. I could do better too (I've made a model before).

But not good enough to submit something here, that's why I don't try.

And no, despite what you want to think, it's useless. Did you try using it? No, you couldn't have, because you'd realize it too. The only use it has is as a building for capturing a town, because then a player can destroy it and all the buildings will be destroyed at once. But there is no death animation, it spins on itself 180° and wobbles around and vanishes.

So without any animation, without any actual modeling (this is just a bunch of doodads), or even an attempt to make this model /work/, why should this be here? Instead of trying to use this model you can use doodads from the editor and trigger them to die when a centralized building dies, and that will work, as opposed to using a broken model (which doesn't work).

Don't be an ass, giving me stuff like 'lol you can't do better' because that's an inane ad hominem - the real argument is that this model was made by geomerge and has no animation; the author did zero work making this, and it's useless to the public. There is nothing useful or beautiful about this model, and by any standard of craft that means it's a complete failure.

thx

Level 5
I love it, could you please make a camp version? (Where the houses are tents and there is no ground texture) So we can upgrade from the camp version to the village version :) and then we can add a fireplace to the lantern attachment point on the camp version :)

5/5 Please make a camp version! (maybe make them the same model so we can upgrade like a townhall?)

Edit: OH OH OH And a third upgrade with a castle in the top middle, houses all around, stone walls instead of fences and a gate at the bottom! then we have a total three upgrades townhall! Please!!! (the camp version has no fences or walls and a camp fire in the middle)

Edit2: The castle upgrade should have a fountain in the middle and maybe some lanterns at different spots in the city :)

Last edited:
Level 7
I love it, could you please make a camp version? (Where the houses are tents and there is no ground texture) So we can upgrade from the camp version to the village version :) and then we can add a fireplace to the lantern attachment point on the camp version :)

5/5 Please make a camp version! (maybe make them the same model so we can upgrade like a townhall?)

Edit: OH OH OH And a third upgrade with a castle in the top middle, houses all around, stone walls instead of fences and a gate at the bottom! then we have a total three upgrades townhall! Please!!! (the camp version has no fences or walls and a camp fire in the middle)

Edit2: The castle upgrade should have a fountain in the middle and maybe some lanterns at different spots in the city :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/encampment-88975/?prev=search=camp&d=list&r=20 a camp :D

i rly aint that good att modelling :D

Level 12
I say as Racziel
"This is exactly wath i was searching for!

I need more of it for my map, so if you have sth: publish it!

It may not be a very complicated model but its useful."

Very nice, 4/5 cus no death animation!

Level 9
I don't get the reason why people say this model is obsolete merely for the reason that you can set something like this yourself in wc3. It saves a lotta work when you can just make a single unit (a Town, per se, in a risk-esque map) that just uses this model, instead of having to carefully place all the structures and fences yourself as doodads. It's especially important if that unit was a building you could build instead. Well, it's pretty good, and there's not terribly much more to say. Useful and small size.

Level 11
Does anybody know how to bind a model to a tree/destructable? If you do, please respond here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...276/how-do-you-bind-a-model-to-a-tree-137672/

you seem to have a problem with posting in the wrong forum. And if you cant even place this in the correct place, my answer to you is a cold but honest one:

I wouldn't worry about that, because you are too young to do such a process. Just work on basic mapping for now, and be sure *not* to host it on the hive workshop. First maps rarely go over well and you just get yelled at. Not you specifically, but in general, that's what happens.

Level 4
you seem to have a problem with posting in the wrong forum. And if you cant even place this in the correct place, my answer to you is a cold but honest one:

I wouldn't worry about that, because you are too young to do such a process. Just work on basic mapping for now, and be sure *not* to host it on the hive workshop. First maps rarely go over well and you just get yelled at. Not you specifically, but in general, that's what happens.

Well thanks for the "help" but I figured it out by myself. :mwahaha: