• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Site restored from backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I just restored the site from backup after a member of our staff @Alexen went rogue.

Since yesterday at 10:51 UTC he started deleting maps, threads and ratings, so I have restored a backup from 10:17 UTC.

From the evidence I've gathered he was not hacked but did this intentionally.

So if one of your posts or maps are missing (and you uploaded it within that time) that is why.

Ralle

Level 3
1669277746531.png

first blood, interesting thread but gone

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am appalled that Alexen would do such a thing.

Both as former map moderator and person with common sense I condemn the action of randomly deleting maps.
Whatever motives he might have had and whatever reasons he had, it is inexcusable to try and harm the members of this community, who did him no wrong, in such manner.
While the site backups meant that not too much was lost, the intention of causing random damage was nothing but vile.
I was always on good terms with Alexen, or at least I thought so, and thought of him as a good replacement as map mod. It pains me that I was not only wrong but I too was affected by the rampage, only highlighting that he didn't care who he hit and by extend that he didn't care about the community when he did so.
It is a shame that it has come to this but I support measures taken by the staff.

In order not to break any rule about talking about specific users, however, I will stop now and hope this does not turn into a bashing thread. What's done is done.

Level 18
I just restored the site from backup after a member of our staff @Alexen went rogue.

Since yesterday at 10:51 UTC he started deleting maps, threads and ratings, so I have restored a backup from 10:17 UTC.

From the evidence I've gathered he was not hacked but did this intentionally.

So if one of your posts or maps are missing (and you uploaded it within that time) that is why.

Ralle

As far as I can tell he deleted his profile on xgm too so it wasn't hive specific I think?

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Yesterday, I saw Alexen reacting with "Sad" reaction to the news about Spellbringers (the total conversion mod for Warcraft III Reforged and the latest Hosted Project), then on his profile page he said something about what should be recognized isn't and what isn't recognized should be recognized. I already found that to be quite odd and now this happened. Not sure how much of this is relevant, but I thought about pointing this out.

Level 12
something about what should be recognized isn't and what isn't recognized should be recognized.
It's such a true statement though

It pains me that I was not only wrong but I too was affected by the rampage, only highlighting that he didn't care who he hit and by extend that he didn't care about the community when he did so.
This isn't really my place but I was also affected and I do question his behavior. I feel that the warcraft community has changed to the point where I don't even care to be around as much and I don't even know why. I think the above statement rectifies that on so many levels.

I was hoping not to encounter this kind of toxicity within Hive... :c I always thought of warcraft 3 community like Team Fortress 2 community:
Very loyal to a dead game, friendly most of the time, willing to help, sometimes rather toxic (I repeat: SOMETIMES, and I'm glad I haven't seen or found said toxic traits yet... until yesterday, it seems)... but wasn't expecting to see this level of misbehavior from a moderator, of all kind of ppl.

I'm glad hive's back on its tracks, again :grin:

I was hoping not to encounter this kind of toxicity within Hive... :c I always thought of warcraft 3 community like Team Fortress 2 community:
Very loyal to a dead game, friendly most of the time, willing to help, sometimes rather toxic (I repeat: SOMETIMES, and I'm glad I haven't seen or found said toxic traits yet... until yesterday, it seems)... but wasn't expecting to see this level of misbehavior from a moderator, of all kind of ppl.

I'm glad hive's back on its tracks, again :grin:
The game is not dead.

The game is not dead.
I was being half sarcastic about the dead part... Team Fortress 2 isn't dead either, but hasn't released ANY major update since 2018... and the only thing keeping the game alive is... you guessed it: the community itself! On that regard it has much alike to WC3.

What I really love of this community is that its much less toxic than TF2, at least... and thanks to Hive, WC3C (RIP), and EpicWar, I started to know very long ago the world of modding in WC3.

Level 3
I am appalled that Alexen would do such a thing.

Both as former map moderator and person with common sense I condemn the action of randomly deleting maps.
Whatever motives he might have had and whatever reasons he had, it is inexcusable to try and harm the members of this community, who did him no wrong, in such manner.
While the site backups meant that not too much was lost, the intention of causing random damage was nothing but vile.
I was always on good terms with Alexen, or at least I thought so, and thought of him as a good replacement as map mod. It pains me that I was not only wrong but I too was affected by the rampage, only highlighting that he didn't care who he hit and by extend that he didn't care about the community when he did so.
It is a shame that it has come to this but I support measures taken by the staff.

In order not to break any rule about talking about specific users, however, I will stop now and hope this does not turn into a bashing thread. What's done is done.
you wont cause he's no longer a member of hive

Level 7
What happened does not surprise me because he was acting all strange lately. First, he was bitter and angry about Frostcraft gaining popularity because of his "positive review by accident." Second, he kicked me and other fellow AoS modders (out of the blue) from his discord server a few months ago with the skechy statement "I wanted to make a united AoS community, but I failed." :grin:

In short, my impressions of him are that he is immature, easily triggered, can't take a joke, and a bit self-defensive. And definitely not a person with whome you can discuss issues in a quiet resolving manner, atleast not if they concern him in a negative way. Besides that, he has a lot of positive qualities as well, but that's not the topic of this thread, I wish him all the best and hope his good traits overcome the bad ones.

I hope that helped in evaluating the situation... :infl_thumbs_up:

Dekadeep

D

Dekadeep

What happened does not surprise me because he was acting all strange lately. First, he was bitter and angry about Frostcraft gaining popularity because of his "positive review by accident." Second, he kicked me and other fellow AoS modders (out of the blue) from his discord server a few months ago with the skechy statement "I wanted to make a united AoS community, but I failed." :grin:

In short, my impressions of him are that he is immature, easily triggered, can't take a joke, and a bit self-defensive. And definitely not a person with whome you can discuss issues in a quiet resolving manner, atleast not if they concern him in a negative way. Besides that, he has a lot of positive qualities as well, but that's not the topic of this thread, I wish him all the best and hope his good traits overcome the bad ones.

I hope that helped in evaluating the situation... :infl_thumbs_up:
It's so sad when people like you that I helped a lot stab me in the back with false affirmation and childish invented arguments.

Next time you wanna say something, tell the truth. Keep in mind that your AoS was evaluated by me not someone else. God knows how much I dedicated myself for this community, taking care of any drama going on in the section and most importantly, keeping the section in good shape. So at some point when you stepped on the wrong path and I didnt care about it anymore it was mostly of something stupid you did or said. Before you judge someone's action, look at your own! You may not know what that person is going through, how he feels or what upset him. But this is today's mentality, people just tend to judge other people. They ignore all the good things done and just point out their flaws. If you ask me, this is what defines immaturity KV.

As for the rest of the situation. I do know that I acted wrong and was indeed a harsh and stupid decision to go super sayian and kamehameha 20% of the maps section. And I do apologize for that and mostly to Ralle for disappointing him exactly when I gained his trust and proved him that I was a good mod for the maps section.

This account belongs to one of my cousins and he allowed me to access it from my place, so the IP will show that. I tried making an account to apologize but it was instantly deleted.

Sincerely, your "rogue mod" Alexen.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yes, you did many good things and your heart was for the most part in the right place. We had something good going on. But you also did a major act of terrorism. If it wasn't for my very good backups, we would still have been reeling from the major bomb you blew up.

I am banning Dekadeep as another multi account (borrowing an account is the same) and closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.