• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site improvement sugestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Would be great if Ralle could add new features for the resource section. Things like: Top 10 maps/skins/models of all times, top 10 for the past month, a map of the week.
Also would be awesome if there was an option to subscribe to resource update.
Your favorite map updated? ---> ull see it in "User CP", next to topic subscriptions

Last edited:
Level 32
Our intrepid webmaster is present revising and tweaking the scripts that will manage the resource sections. The model section will be completed first.

When his work is complete (no promise on the time frame) look for features similar to those suggested here as well as a great many additional abilities, options and settings. Stay tuned.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Just keep your foreign stuff in the PMs

Would be great if Ralle could add new features for the resource section. Things like: Top 10 maps/skins/models of all times, top 10 for the past month, a map of the week.
Also would be awesome if there was an option to subscribe to resource update.
Your favorite map updated? ---> ull see it in "User CP", next to topic subscriptions
You have very good ideas.
The new front page and new revalidated sections will contain some of all that.

Level 22
Instead of cr8ing another thread, I'll use this one to ask: What happened to the division of models (probably skins and others too) to space, war3, contemp, misc, etc? If I want to look for the latest space&futuristic&vehicles etc. models I have to look for pages including things I don't wanna see. This was a good division, rather than just units buildings or others. My suggestion is to return it coz it was wayy useful. Maybe :

units-fantasy(war3 and non war3 in 1 group), units-space (like sc2 and non sc in one is ok), units contemporary (tanks and other duh you decide where to group them), the same groups for buildings. Effects can be all in 1. OR

You can simply make tags whenever you approve a model tags like 'space' , 'units', 'fantasy' so that if you type 'space + units' all space units to appear or at least all to be on the first pages.

Level 32
You can simply make tags whenever you approve a model tags like 'space' , 'units', 'fantasy' so that if you type 'space + units' all space units to appear or at least all to be on the first pages.
Yeah, that's still in the works, it's only a matter of time now:
Ralle is currently working his webmaster's fingers to the bone to further develop the resource section categories to make them more powerful and useful. The new system will include:
  1. Main categories: The categories will be defined by Ralle and only the existing categories (or those he approves in the future) will be used.

2. Genres: Category-specific genres will include keywords which all resource submitters may define and submit. Examples:
    • Icons > Buildings > Space Orcs
    • Maps > Role Playing Game / RPG > Imagica
    • Models > Units > Badass

3. Categories and genres alike will be searchable.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I see the info below portrait only contains Join date and posts. Is it also possible to for example add b.net name and location? You can publish this info if you want to on your own CP.

For Example:

Battle.Net Name: Bo&E_Ger

I don't know if this is possible, or the web master has the final word. But it's just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.