• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 10
@titanium sorry for not doing it today bro, I will try tomorrow

Ok guys, Iam leaving hive (not for good I think) for several reasons, my mother deleted my warcraft, I simply don't have the time anymore because Im addicted to LoL right now :xxd:

I will be doing titanium's request last, after that I will ask Ralle to close the workshop.

I will just ask Ralle in the future to open this workshop again when I come back :xxd:

Thanks for the support and good times guys :thumbs_up:

I think this will explain. This workshop is closed :vw_sad:

Level 12
Hey Guys!! I'm Back!!
didn't expect I would immedietly be bored at LoL :xxd:
but my Warcraft is not yet installed though so...

hey zyne do u want me to post all mp files...i can try....
I would gladly appreciate it if you can do this for me :thumbs_up:

so as for the requests you guys will just have to wait, not unless someone gives me a folder containing all of the mpq files of warcraft :thumbs_up:

Level 5
zyne new mission for u...

edit this lich king i posted, and delete his weapon, also i will add the texture so that u can see the lich king, for no mistakes, and i iwll give a + rep too

Attachments

• LichKingmikeys.mdx
    161 KB · Views: 90
  • LichKing.BLP
    178.4 KB · Views: 125
Level 7
I wonder if you could do some models edits (simple mostly) for me for my project.

For example one would be editing this model (got permission from eubz) for some variations to represent different roman infantrymen.

- One version with bandit body/texture (if possible and it looks good without the shoulderpads), no cape and no crest on the helmet.
- One version with no cape and no crest on the helmet.
- One version with the Crest reversed

- Minor extra details for all versions, and one extra version with those changes only if you can give it the extra time: The other villager face (no goatie) and naked legs between the legs and the "skirt", not unlike a part of the arms is.

If I'm asking too much no problem at all you can do just one or ofc none if you wish:)
If you can do even more, I have quite a lot of similar or a little more complex tasks I need for my map.

Rep given and even team membership if you wish:)

Level 12
- One version with the Crest reversed
sorry I can't do this because the "crest" shape is not even, the back side is longer so if I reversed it the left/right side will be much longer than the other

- Minor extra details for all versions, and one extra version with those changes only if you can give it the extra time: The other villager face (no goatie) and naked legs between the legs and the "skirt", not unlike a part of the arms is.
I don't quite get this, could you rephrase this :xxd:

Is this going for me as well? Got a bit confused here:p
yours is done, check your thread

zyne new mission for u...

edit this lich king i posted, and delete his weapon, also i will add the texture so that u can see the lich king, for no mistakes, and i iwll give a + rep too

Attachments

• LichKingmikeys.mdx
    145.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 7
sorry I can't do this because the "crest" shape is not even, the back side is longer so if I reversed it the left/right side will be much longer than the other

It's ok no problem:)

I don't quite get this, could you rephrase this :xxd:
I mean, if you can also do these extra little changes for each edited model version and also for the original one (only these changes for it):
- Change the face to the other villager man, so they don't have a goattie (little beard), roman soldiers where shaved.
- Make the upper half of their legs naked, between the lower leg armor and that skirt/end of shirt they have.

yours is done, check your thread
Where?

Level 12
- Change the face to the other villager man, so they don't have a goattie (little beard), roman soldiers where shaved.
I'll see what I can do with photoshop :xxd:

oh and the shoulderpads can't be remove because it is not an attachment, it is part of the model, so if I remove it there will be a large hole in the shoulder (lol)
oh sorry, I thought you were some other guys :xxd:

Hello Zyne,

I would like to ask if you can reduce high poly models and make them lower so their skining could be easier.
This is the model: View attachment 124626

It has no texture.

p.s. It is taken from a free 3d model workshop and the modellers are permited to edit and use the models, but not redistribute them for payment or in packs.
sorry but I don't do polys, heck i don't know even know what they are :xxd:
plus, I don't have the right program for that

EDIT: FINISHED!! :grin:
the bandit one, I suggest the team color is brown lol, sorry I can't make his legs naked because I can't find the right skin to fit. both models need the villageredit.blp because of the edited goattie
oh and I don't know if you have to import the Footman.blp one I just added it jic :grin:

p.s. I changed the helmet of the bandit to footman because bright color doesn't seem to fit, if you don't like it just tell me

EDIT 2: UPDATED! it's probably working now :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• RoyalGuard - Bandit.zip
    472.6 KB · Views: 135
  • RoyalGuard - 2nd Request.mdx
    135.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 14
Well polygons are the triangles that each model is made of. Since you make models I thought of asking.
Reducing poly's is like if you have a very detailed model and you want to make it lower on details thus flattening some surfaces and deleting stuff.

Level 7
oh and the shoulderpads can't be remove because it is not an attachment, it is part of the model, so if I remove it there will be a large hole in the shoulder (lol)

It's ok as well. Thanks for doing the rest:)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
[REQUEST] - Model Edit: Troll Batrider Remake

Alright, I think I can finally break down and ask.

I've been working on something for a while (see sig), and I have "made do" with the in-game "Troll Batrider" model forever. I have long had thoughts about what to do with it, but A: didn't want to change everything around, and B: didn't want to need a custom model.

The other problem is, the in-game Troll Batrider model is extremely specialized (in form) for what it does & can do; i.e. unlike the Huntress (who can throw her glaive (ranged) or slash with it (melee), or other models (whose animations can be renamed or shuffled around to produce various effects), the Batrider kinda can only be light, quick recon & air-to-ground (& siege/fire, with his weapon). Incredibly specific.

My quest is to make a unit very similar to the in-game Batrider (i.e. a Jungle Troll, riding a bat), but that should be able to be differentiated from him in-game (visually & how it is used). I was long convinced there was no hope without extensive animation re-working (which I know is out of your field), but I had the thought to just "take a look" at how the model appears with a few minor adjustments. *ahem*.

If are willing, I would like to see as much as possible of the following:

batrider.gif

The Troll Batrider model

batrider.gif

• Weapon (most important; simplest)
  • ANYTHING but a fiery flask. I just need to know if the model can support any other kind of attack without tweaking anims. Specifically if he can handle air-to-air, or long-ranged air-to-ground (since the normal Batrider throws nearly under himself)
  • Ideas include a blade (wicked curved scimitar), a spear (classic; long for ranged throwing, short & bladed for melee swiping), a bag of projectiles (rocks? shrunken heads? etc), and "something" that could be doused in flame (i.e. multipurpose siege/normal damage, based on the target; think the Demolisher or the Huntress).
  • Armor (less important)
  • Some kind of armor, fitting for an aerial warrior. This unit is meant to be bigger & stronger than the normal Batrider (but still not as armored as, say, a Dwarf; too heavy to fly after all :p).
  • Perhaps a thick, spiked shoulder-pad with an attached Bandolier? A series of overlapping shoulder-pauldrons that run down the arm? A medium Buckler attached to the non-weapon arm? A leather helmet on the bat/rider? Etc.

Hopefully that doesn't sound like too much. First and foremost I'm concerned about the weaponry & making it make sense; what is possible will heavily determine what Role this unit ends up filling (i.e. if he can be anything other than "light aerial Siege").

Thanks again, and if you have any questions, let me know!

Last edited:
Level 12
hey there Kyrbi0, I wanna show my first wip, I first used rexxar's axe.

BatTroll - Rexxar.png
(click it to enlarge)

I want to show you the weapon if it suits what you like before I put on some armors

p.s the attack animation just looks fine

EDIT: do you want all the fire/explosion effects to be removed?

Level 12
Hey guys, I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna stop working on requests right now because of an unknown error occuring which is caused be models that I edited.
this haven't happen before I download a new warcraft. so all of my new completed requests are probably malfunctioning until I know what is causing these errors and fix it I am no accepting any requests