• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Attacks not Enabling (WE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok basically this is a retardedly simple question.

In the WE I am trying to enable both attacks on a unit, in this case the Orc Windrider is the Base unit. However even tho they appear correct in the Object editor and both attacks show up in game, only one attack fires, any ideas?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can not fire 2 different attacks at the same unit, one will always take piority. This is due to the way the game is programmed and cooldown handled. I believe there is only 1 cooldown process per unit which handles both attacks (is loaded with the cooldown based on which attack was used). The actual problem is most likly to occur from the auto target and target system where it probably maps only one of the attacks to the valid targets as it has only one slot for that.

If both attacks effect different units (eg land for one and air for the other) then the attacks will work.

Level 10
not as simple as I thought. In answer to Pharaoh, both attacks are pretty much identical, apart from damage and reload time. All attacks are ranged attacks of type missile.

Now given that all units are of a similar ilk (all based off the Wind Rider) is there any way to enable it to use both attacks, such as make the units target-able as both ground and air? I'm going to just go try this, but in case anyone has any other ideas on how to make it able to target and fire at multiple units.

Both attacks have different cooldowns and there are multiple targets to choose from during testing.

EDIT: Tried making attacks different types, and different weapon types and targeting different things, In this case Air & Mechanical but still no joy.

Level 13
A normal attack can't target more than 1 unit.
And only one attack can trigger at the same time.

If you have different target types the different attacks will trigger on the special type but never at the same time.

Multiple targets can be archieved by the ability Barrage (if i name it right)
Otherwise try using Phoenix fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.