• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Repeating Sound (does not play properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I imported a weapon sound effect. It plays in trigger editor (when unit is attacked) - sound play at location (position of unit) manner. But when unit begins to attack, sound is not heard in 1 of 3 times. So basically my unit is attacking with 1 secs of cooldown. When it attacks, the sound is heard in first strike, but not in second; it plays again in third strike and fourth but then again skips one or couple of times in next strikes. I guess I can fix this via Model Viewer (making the sound file internal) but it will complicate things "a little bit" So any ideas of fixing this in a simple manner? =)

Level 8
I just gave sounds to abilities and make some dummy unit cast the ability to produce sound. Not too efficent but it works =) I played with node manager in model viewer but I couldn't figure out a way to do it. (even I change the values of attack sound to another and replace internal-external sounds, it doesn't work; or i couldn't make it work) =)

Level 3
I just thought of this on the spot, but did you think of using a periodic timer?

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play selectedsound
Just set the conditions to when the unit in question attacks or is attacked.

Level 8
I didn't try that but I searched forum real hard and tried couple of different things with GUI - Sound Play. Based on my experiences and others (from what I've read on forum) playing sounds via triggers has some issues =) Thanks for the advise anyway =)

Status
Not open for further replies.