• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

shut down spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a ... boss. it have 2 spells that i wanna discuss. the purpose of this 2 spells is 2 make your enemy lose their fighting will. the result of this 2 spell is, give the targeted enemy and all enemy unit (non heros) around ur target the ability LOCUS and WONDER...

my interpretation of the effects that will happen is
1) your can't control your units any more (due 2 locus)
2) your unit will run away from battles... (due to wonder)

my question is ... is there any1 for the Boss to still dmg the affect units? and will this combination actually achieve the 2 affects that i listed?

thx

Level 18
I don't know about wonder, but the locust ability will probably do it's job. If you want to damage the unit, I guess you could try to make a targetable dummy unit at the position of the locusted unit, which will be attacked by the boss. Then you need to check the damage it does to the unit and subtract that from the health of the locusted unit.
It's just a plain guess, but it might do the job.

Level 12
You know you can't remove locust after you add it, right?

I would use a trigger that changes ownership of the targeted units to neutral hostile and makes the boss invulnerable, unless you want other units to attack him too, in which case I would use a trigger that changes unit-classification to worker for the targeted units and change it back to the original after the effect is over.

Level 6
Instead of locust for unselectability you could use this just make the trigger activate when you cast the spell. You should be able to add conditions to weed out units you want to still be selectable.
  • Unselect Function
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
wonder will work after a bit probably if you remove the targets guard.
  • AI - Ignore (Picked unit)'s guard position
I am a complete amateur so I dont know if disable guard will work but its worth a shot.

I just started coding etc 3 days ago so I still cant check for leaks etc. But I'm sure someone will let you know.

Level 12
I'm am 100% positive you can't remove locust after you add it with a trigger.
Yes, you can remove it:

• Add Locust
  • Events
    • I don't care
  • Conditions
    • I don't care
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in <I DON'T CARE> gen and do multiple actions:
      • loop
        • Set PlayerHero[Player Number of (Owner of (Picked unit))] to (Picked Unit)
        • Unit - Add Locust ability to (Picked Unit)
  • Remove Locust
  • Events
    • I don't care
  • Conditions
    • I don't care
  • Actions
    • For every integer A from 1 to 12 do:
      • loop
        • Unit - Remove Locust ability from PlayerHero[Integer A]
It works.

Level 5
Im pretty sure locust can only be added and removed with jass.

When the Boss casts the spell on em

Add a orb effect that disables there attack (Usually it enables attack 2 or Both)
and add the worker classification to them, then remove it when needed.

Level 15
Yes, its true it can only be remove or added through JASS. However, in this case, the unit will still be able to attack despite it being locust. I believe there is a spell in the object editor that makes the unit afraid and run away, as well as make it unable to attack.
I am not really sure about the existance of this skill. I will check and get back to you.
EDIT: I believe I found the spell you might need - Drunken Haze. You can make this ability disable the attack of a unit. Then, the unit will naturally move away from battles. To make it better, you can force the unit to move to a random point around the unit every few seconds.
I have a spell map I downloaded some time ago, this spellpack was not approved though as it only contained non- triggered spells so I will post it here, remember to credit the creator of the pack if you take the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.