• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A few spell creation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i got a bunch of spells that i think will requires triggers (i have no idea how 2 make them). and i was wondering if any1 know how 2 make them :D

1. Energy blast
-single target nuke spell, deals the same amount of damage as the caster's current mana. (so the more u cast this, the less effective it is)

2. Suffering Aura
-aura with XX radius, affect enemy. when the effected target receive physical attack damage, that target also take another XX damage and has a -XX degen

3. Order of the vampire
-buff, last ZZ seconds. all team members's physical attack also steal XX life (the concept of steal life is ur target lose YY life, and you gain YY life)

4. Blackout
-touch (melee) spell. All of yours and your target's (single target) skills are disabled for XX seconds.

5. Traumatize
-target (single target) unit loses control (the player nolonger gain access to that unit) for XX seconds, while it's traumatized, it will wonder around and be hostile to anyone that comes near it.

6. Wailing Doom
-set the targed hero's primary attribute (str or agil or intel) into 0 for XX seconds.

7. Distrust
- when the target (single target) cast a spell on its allie or itself, the spell fails to complete, and you gain XX mana. this effect last YY seconds.

i got a bunch more as right now i just need help with these skills. ty :D

Level 4
i'll help u out so i get to practice bb code :p

[trigger=Energy Blast]Energy Blast
Events
Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability.
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Energy Blast
Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target of ability being cast), dealing (Mana of (Casting unit)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal.
[/trigger]

Suffering Aura i might just give to u with a map, i want to keep it, and it might take a while.

Order of the Vampire?
What do you mean by "Team Members"? elaborate pls.

Blackout (You will need two dummy units with a modified version of the silence spell with 99999 range and less than ,about 50, area of effect)

[trigger=Blackout]Blackout
Events
Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability.
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Blackout
Actions
Unit - Order dummy unit #1 to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Position of (Casting unit))
Unit - Order dummy unit #2 to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Position of (Target of ability being cast))
[/trigger]

ok, will continue this later

Last edited:
Level 10
For tramatize, i got a pretty good idea how and its pretty simple so yea..

Tramatize
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Tramatize (Neutral Hostile)
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to Neutral Hostile and Retain color
Unit - Add Wander (Neutral) to (Triggering unit)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit - Remove Wander (Neutral) from (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) Rescuable by (All players controlled by a User player)

MY alternate version makes it so that the target of the spell become friends t=with the first to confort his after his mental breakdown, so anyone to "Rescue" him then controls him.......Nice?

(p.s., im noob at triggers so this might be leaking)

Level 33
I've created only 2 spells at the moment:
Energy Blast and Traumatize
Traumatize is bugged for the final effect (reset to normal effect)
Energy Blast seems to fully functional

Attachments

• MonkIE cReW spellpack.w3x
    15.2 KB · Views: 42
I got energyblast and order of the vampire working... i think

and here are a few more spells that i have no idea how 2 make >.<

1. Spoiled Victor (this spell cost 10% of ur maximum hp per cast and this is sacrifice life*)
Single target debuff (or hex), for YY seconds, the target (enemy) will take XX damage whenever he attacks a creature that has less hp than him (percentage wise, and its current hp not maximum)

2. Dark Aura
Buff, for XX seconds, whenever you sacrifice life (in order 2 cast spell), all enemy in the radius of YY will take ZZ damage

3. Critical Defense
buff, for XX seconds you have YY chance of blocking (or dodge) an attack. Critical Defense refreshes it's timer whenever u land a critical hit (provided u have critical strike skill)

4. Disturbing Stab (attack skill, so this skill takes action upon ur next physical attack *provided it isn't blocked/dodged* dictated by ur hero's natural attack speed)
Does XX additional damage (apart from the hero's attack damage) and interrupts the target's action. If the action was a spell (channeling) the target is silenced for YY seconds.

5. Mantis Strike (attack skill)
Does XX additional damage. If Mantis strike hits a moving target, the target is crippled for YY seconds.

6. Trampling Ox (attack skill)
Does XX addtional damage, If trampling Ox hits a cripped target, the target is knocked downed.

7. Nine Tail strike (attack skill)
Does XX additional damage. Unblockable.

8. Falling spider (attack skill)
Does XX additional damage and the target is poisoned for YY seconds. Fail if the target isn't knocked downed.

9. Natural Stride (stance, these are skills that doesn't require the hero to stop and cast it, so u can be running and click a stance and it applies, or channeling a spell and still use this. Only 1 stance at a time, but i guess this will eb a buff of some sort :S?. Also, stances are self applied)
For ZZ seconds, You move XX% faster and have YY% chance of blocking/dodging. Natural stride ends prematurally if you have buff/debuff.

ty

Level 3
  • Nine Tail Strike
  • Events
  • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability.
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nine Tail Strike
  • Actions
  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target of ability being cast), dealing XX damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire.

Level 29
  • Hi, i got a bunch of spells that i think will requires triggers (i have no idea how 2 make them). and i was wondering if any1 know how 2 make them :D
Making spells using triggers is VERY HARD if you dont have any idea how to make them, I suggest you go to the spell section or tutorial section and try to analyze them for yourself...

see this>>>[thread=9531]Trigger-Enhancing Spells [/thread]

Level 33
8uY_YoU said:
  • Nine Tail Strike
    • Events
    • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability.
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nine Tail Strike
    • Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target of ability being cast), dealing XX damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire.

Actually, try use this instead:

• Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Enemy, dealing XXX damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Divine OR Universal, I think

Level 9
Hi, i got a bunch of spells that i think will requires triggers (i have no idea how 2 make them). and i was wondering if any1 know how 2 make them :D

1. Energy blast
-single target nuke spell, deals the same amount of damage as the caster's current mana. (so the more u cast this, the less effective it is)

2. Suffering Aura
-aura with XX radius, affect enemy. when the effected target receive physical attack damage, that target also take another XX damage and has a -XX degen

3. Order of the vampire
-buff, last ZZ seconds. all team members's physical attack also steal XX life (the concept of steal life is ur target lose YY life, and you gain YY life)

4. Blackout
-touch (melee) spell. All of yours and your target's (single target) skills are disabled for XX seconds.

5. Traumatize
-target (single target) unit loses control (the player nolonger gain access to that unit) for XX seconds, while it's traumatized, it will wonder around and be hostile to anyone that comes near it.

6. Wailing Doom
-set the targed hero's primary attribute (str or agil or intel) into 0 for XX seconds.

7. Distrust
- when the target (single target) cast a spell on its allie or itself, the spell fails to complete, and you gain XX mana. this effect last YY seconds.

i got a bunch more as right now i just need help with these skills. ty :D

I can try doing some of your spells and i will give a test map, so you could check them out and stuff. But i could do this only after 2,5-4 hours, since i'm going out now :)

Tiche3

Status
Not open for further replies.