• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request (GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Spell:
The caster casts the regular Storm Bolt on an enemy and when the Bolt hits the enemy a dummy gets created and casts another Storm Bolt on every enemy unit within 300 AOE of the first targeted enemy unit.

Second Spell:
The caster casts Storm Bolt on an enemy and it jumps to other enemy units dealing same amount of damage and stun. (chain spell)
lvl1 2 jumps (Target+2)
lvl2 3 jumps
lvl3 4 jumps

Level 25
Wrong section. There is Requests sub-forum for this.
You can do it like RobertMKD wrote, however you need to differentiate your abilities so that your spells won't fire prematurely because you hit the target with another spell (e.g. hitting an enemy with an instant spell while the stormbolt is flying towards the target). An option here is to make a dummy unit cast all those stormbolts, so then you can detect who the attacker is and act accordingly.

Level 12
Can't you also use a projectile system? Does Sven stormbolt uses a projectile system? - basically a unit that uses storm bolt model and gets moved through triggers to the target. It would still be a bit complex, but if you don't want to put a damage system in, this could work.

EDIT:
I think with a damage detection system, you could just use the default chain lightning spell for the second ability. Just have a dummy unit stun the units that get hit by the chain lightning and change the chain lightning animations accordingly.

Level 11
Can't you also use a projectile system? Does Sven stormbolt uses a projectile system? - basically a unit that uses storm bolt model and gets moved through triggers to the target. It would still be a bit complex, but if you don't want to put a damage system in, this could work.

EDIT:
I think with a damage detection system, you could just use the default chain lightning spell for the second ability. Just have a dummy unit stun the units that get hit by the chain lightning and change the chain lightning animations accordingly.

Wait, wtf, actually you don't need DDS for this :D
Make a dumb a** unit for each level with bouncing attack :D and a dummy spell used only to target the enemy, then create the dummy unit and attack-once the target, as for the stunning you may still need a DDS :/

Level 24
A missile system should work fine.
Using a random unit from the avaiable targets would be good.

Adding damage to a missile isnt that hard.
You just need a system that supports onCollide events and you can apply the damage.
You can simply apply the stun as well then.

Level 11
What would I do to avoid downloading a DDS is make a dummy unit with the model of storm bolt, 0 collision and movement Fly. Use the dummy spell to target the enemy, create the dummy unit and send it to "walk" to the target and damage it when the distance between the target and the dummy is 0 or close to 0. If I register a nearby unit, I send the dummy to it and stun it, else, I remove the dummy.

Level 24
Download a missile system.

No really. All you need is a good and proper missile system.
Just one that supports what you need. (Events.)
Mine supports it but it is quite complicated to use in full extends.
I am still tweaking arc and implement BoundSentinel instead of a check so you can say it is not in final version.

Either find another one... or use mine which doesnt support automatic arcing for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.