• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with cloud spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to use the Dragonhawk Rider's cloud ability as a kind of silence that prevents attacks. However, when I change targets allowed to "enemy", the cloud still affects player units. I tried it on all players and it seems like the cloud uses player 1's enemies as its targets. So if you are player 2 and you are player 1's enemy, then the cloud will affect you, but it won't affect player 1's allies, even if they are your enemies! :eekani: I attached this map so you can see if you have the same problem. For all players besides player 1, cloud will prevent your own unit's attacks because it's player 1's enemy. Meanwhile, can anyone think of another way to temporarily remove a unit's attacks?

Attachments

• cloud test2.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 53
Level 1
Hmm... is there a cleaner way to do it? Cloud is an AOE channeling, if you walk in you're affected, if you walk out, you're not. Since silence has a duration, you could walk out and still be affected for a bit.

Level 19
you can make it 0.1 ^^ and
make base ability channel, blizzard or rain of fire
so you can channel an area
then make an arrayed boolean value set it true when unit begins channeling and false when unit stops/finishes casting
and make a trigger like a dummy appears and casts silence in area in every 0.1 second etc etc etc
(You may store the silence point in a variable too)

Status
Not open for further replies.