• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem With Cloud Based Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having an issue with the Human Dragonhawk Rider "Cloud" ability. I have a triggered spell (though i'm relatively certain that's not the issue). In this spell, a Dragonhawk is created for the owner of the casting unit offset by 600 (on the x axis) from the target point and facing the target point (set to a variable). The unit then is ordered to cast "Cloud" on the variable point and, without fail, does this every time.

However, the spell seems to negatively affect players on Team 2 even if they were the ones that casted the spell in the first place. So, if I am player 1 (red) player 2 (blue) etc... then the spell only affects enemies. However, if I'm player 7 (green) and up, the spell affects both enemies AND allies. I'm completely baffled.

The cloud ability acts as a silence spell (stops units from casting) and causes anything within the cloud to miss 33% of the time. The targets allowed are 'Enemy'. I seriously cannot figure out why the skill works perfectly fine for team 1 (players 1-6) but does not work for enemies of team 1. The error appears when I'm testing the map alone and when there are others in the game.

Level 11
The most obvious reason I can think of is that you did not create the dragon hawk for the right player, but you aldready said you did. For the targets try choosing an ability like storm bolt and copying it's targets into your cloud, maybe I dont trust the wc3 engine enough but it just might be that.

Level 2
What bugs me is that I made the unit so that it could be controlled by the player who summoned it. It works in that it is definitely controlled by the player who summoned it but even if I force it to cast my Cloud ability (not triggered) it still gets bugged and affects allies in addition to enemies assuming that the player casting is on team 2. Seriously, anything, anyone? The map is arena setting for more info. The spell that sets the target point for the cloud cast is a custom flare spell, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.