• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cloud Spell doesnt affect player 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello guys, i did a trigger so i could use the cloud spell without the need of channeling, and it only affects units that are not player 1 units, so basically if you are like any other player and have that skill it will affect you, making the skill worthless. I dont know what is causing this problem and i would like to solve it :/

Level 3
Smoke bomb
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Smoke Bomb
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Bomba de Humo to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Bomba de Humo for (Last created unit) to (Level of Smoke Bomb for (Casting unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Target point of ability being cast)

Targets Allowed - Enemy, Ground, Neutral

Level 13
Can you clarify the issue?

From what I see, player X casts it -> Enemies of Player X, Neutrals should be effected.

What is specific about Player 1 that is causing the issue?

Level 3
It just doenst affect player 1, i dont know why, i tried changing the owner of the dummy to player 2 or any player other than 1 and its the same, it will affect you if youre not player 1.
its the wierdest bug i have encountered yet

Last edited:
Level 10
Is there probably another trigger shich is intefering with that one? For example one which fires when a unit enters the map area (like the dummy)

You could also try to use (triggering unit) instead of (casting unit), i never used casting unit for this event, but i doubt that this would change anything

Level 12
Is there probably another trigger shich is intefering with that one? For example one which fires when a unit enters the map area (like the dummy)

You could also try to use (triggering unit) instead of (casting unit), i never used casting unit for this event, but i doubt that this would change anything
It would. AFAIK triggering unit is locked in for a given trigger (it is tied to the trigger object I guess) but most of the other ones get changed if a new trigger is fired that uses those variables (I do not have an exhaustive list, though).

Anyway, you can check after the unit is created what play owns it - or you could switch the dummy caster model to a unit that shows team colour. Either way, it makes it obvious which player got the unit. This seems to be the most likely problem for the trigger - player 1 always gets the dummy somehow.

It's also possible that some other trigger changes who owns the dummy unit, but I'd worry about that later. Try triggering unit first, then see who owns the unit if that doesn't fix it, then go nuts with disabling other triggers until it works lol. Hopefully step 1 solves the issue.

Level 3
i have done some test, and it appears to be a problem of the cloud skill itself, what i did was, take two unit with cloud (one for player 1 and one for player 2) and make them to cast cloud to 2 units of different players,(one cloud at a time), and both of the clouds affected the unit of player 2 but not the player 1 unit, i did this test with 2 computers, targets allowed are the same - Enemy, Ground, Neutral (all this without any trigger)

i have also done the same test in a completely different map (booty bay) and its the same problem

Last edited:
Level 12
i have done some test, and it appears to be a problem of the cloud skill itself, what i did was, take two unit with cloud (one for player 1 and one for player 2) and make them to cast cloud to 2 units of different players,(one cloud at a time), and both of the clouds affected the unit of player 2 but not the player 1 unit, i did this test with 2 computers, targets allowed are the same - Enemy, Ground, Neutral (all this without any trigger)

i have also done the same test in a completely different map (booty bay) and its the same problem
That's just messed up lol. I'll give it a whirl in my test map when I have time.

Level 7
If you just need a skill to disable enemy attacks, you can use the Silence spell to disable both melee and range attacks on top of spells (see data-attacks prevented at silence), and then just get a dummy unit to play the animation of cloud skill.

The only problem with this is that the effect of the "super silence" will last even if the victims get out of the "smoke screen" so you will need to get creative with the buff describing why the hell the enemy hero can't do anything even though he is out of the cloud of smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.