• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Short Story Contest #4 - Great War Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Oh lol wtf, you could just CnP and then just write it in here??
(Not that i would, just saying)

If someone CNP's his own story, i see nothing wrong with it.
If someone steals somebody elses story to use in this contest, he is truly damned. :p

I'm confused... why are short-story contests so popular?

Yet still rare!? The story/concept forum is also one of quietest.

They are very easy to participate in.
They don't require photoshop or coding knowledge. ;)

Level 20
They are very easy to participate in.
They don't require photoshop or coding knowledge. ;)

:hohum: I thought that might be it. It's a real pain though, imo writing takes just as much practice and honing as scripting or software use, perhaps more.

People really take good English for granted :bored:

Don't worry that's not aimed at anyone in particular, just a certain group of people around the world :bored:

Level 3
Hello, i would like to ask, until when can i enter(if i still can)? I want to know that, because i will be able to write something only by the weekend.

BREAKING NEWS TODAY
The Hive Tribune
April 27, 2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Issue 57

Well-known user, The World Is Flat, Has been accused in conjunction with the murder of the user Grey Nightmare. Witnesses say that on April 24th at 1:48 PM The user, The World Is Flat, struck and killed Grey Nightmare with a fire extingusher and excessive 1337 speak. However, The World Is Flat denies these claims, and states that at the time of murder, he was Trolling the Hive's Chat. Who acually killed Grey Nightmare? Was it The World Is Flat, or was this a framing? Further investigation will possible yield more clues into the grisly, and frightening murder of hives own.

Level 14
I'd like to join.

Is it only a Great War? Fits totally what I'm doing...
Will post the WiP when I can.

Level 14
Hmm, may I ask, if it can be fantasy? Or only Industrial-Age, Post-Imperial age wars? If it's fantasy, medieval, or whatever, it'd be better for me. D:

Level 13
It doesn't have to be Warcraft-related either, right? I don't want to flop and make my entry an English project.

I could possibly weave what I've done already into some Warcraftian style to give it a Warcraftian feel though.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS 'Again' TODAY
The Hive Tribune
April 27, 2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Issue 58

The Hives Workshop story contest is a fad! It was discovered only minutes ago that the story contest requires one to acually WRITE a story! Amazing, really. This unprecedented turn of events has shocked and suprised all involved. What does this mean for you? well first of all if you want to compete, YOU ACUALLY HAVE TO WRITE A STORY. Second of all, we will discuss what has caused this strange and disturbing turn of events... next time hivers!

Level 10
BREAKING NEWS 'Again' TODAY
The Hive Tribune
April 27, 2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Issue 58

The Hives Workshop story contest is a fad! It was discovered only minutes ago that the story contest requires one to acually WRITE a story! Amazing, really. This unprecedented turn of events has shocked and suprised all involved. What does this mean for you? well first of all if you want to compete, YOU ACUALLY HAVE TO WRITE A STORY. Second of all, we will discuss what has caused this strange and disturbing turn of events... next time hivers!

Mind F**k
When you see it, you will s**t brix

Level 17
A gentle whisper slowly glided across the woods, carrying with it the sweet song of the once-playful nymphs. The moon’s silver gaze loomed above like a watchful eye, with rays of its graceful light descending upon a silent orchestra of tall, gnarled trees. Nearby, a school of moonlit fish traveled along a shallow stream and into the distant mountains where the snoring of dragons served as a soothing lullaby. However, I could not bring myself to adore such beauty. Not without the one I loved, the one I was burying now. The lament of the forest nymphs, who too mourned the deaths of their ilk, only brought tears to my immortal eyes. However, as I grieved, I began to recall the hour that the war ended, the hour that destroyed my home, my pride and my love.

It was the second day of the thirteenth month. My white elven kin were in a bloody war with the humans, a race of mortals who embraced their desires and had long ago fallen to their own greed and hatred. The war, and white elven genocide, had lasted for five years. Inevitably, tens of thousands had died on both sides. Humans occupied all the beaches, while the river that divided our kingdom sealed itself off. The White Princes, our monarchs, had made it clear that no white elf would abandon his or her homeland. Of course, our people never desired to flee, as we would much rather die than allow humanity’s abhorrence destroy our homeland. However, we were feeling desperate now, and that is exactly how the war ended.

Here are my two introductory paragraphs before I go straight into the "last hour". I deleted my original story, as I thought it sucked. Though, I'm not sure about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.