1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sharpshooter Online v1.20b

Submitted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sharpshooter Online [v1.20b]

Sharpshooter Online is a team based first person shooter capable of being played with friends. Arrow keys and WASD are treated as if using a joystick rather than a mouse for aiming. Experience sharpshooting from a rifleman's eye in this remote mountain range war zone. Dominate your opponents by blending in with your environment and snipe them down one by one from extreme ranges. May the strongest team win, game ends after one team reaches 25 or 50 kills.

[​IMG]
Download
Sharpshooter Online v1.20b

Created by xXx-Tricky-xXx, additional credit to Uareanoob, Moronicizer, and Azur3wrath for all of their helpful contributions to the creation of this map.​

Remember to vote, rate this map if you like it!

Updates:

Features:

• Fully functional movement system via 'Arrow Keys'.
  • Complete scope and movement view rotation via 'W'A'S'D'.
  • Dynamic shooting of head, chest, and leg body detection.
  • Destructible environment including barrels, trees, and walls.
  • Misc abilities such as knife, grenade, and sprint.

Additional Information:

• Arrow keys will move you around while W'A'S'D keys rotate your view.
  • To shoot press (T), but make sure you have remaining ammunition.
  • When you run out of ammunition the reload ability will appear. By pressing (R), you will begin reloading your weapon.
  • Pressing (S) will enable you to move faster until pressed again or when your breath runs out below your health.
  • When someone is too close to shoot, knife them! By pressing (E), you will attempt a fast and painful slash.
  • To throw a grenade, press (G), but remember you only have a few. Grenades are very useful for destroying building walls as well as players.
  • The aim feature is a magnified scope that appears when you press (A). You will not be able to move, but you can simply exit the mode by pressing (A) again.
  • The sensitivity control with the given camera icon will increase or decrease your aiming sensitivity. By first pressing (Q), three abilities slow(Q), medium(W), and fast(E) are given. These may be simultaneously pressed to prevent interruption of tweaking. Combinations are as followed: (Q-Q), (Q-W), (Q-E).
Most of all, have fun... It may be hard at first, but once you get the hang of the controls it gets easier.

Important:

Sharpshooter Online is currently a beta, therefore is not final and subject to change and be updated. I'm uploading this here due to many people wanting it even though I did not consider it near good enough quality to release yet and quit working on it for some time, but better now then never. Since it is currently in the very early stage, no more than 3-4 players will be able to play in a stable manor until a later time. Feel free to try more, but you will notice a large frame rate loss. Remember, this map is in no way perfect, it will have many bugs and issues. Anyone who wants the unprotected version due to curiosity or the interest of editing the map may email me at xxx_tricky_xxx@yahoo.com or just private message me here on the forums. Unprotected version for everyone once I clean up the triggers to be editable, someone else may have to fix the lag issues. Feel free to comment about any bugs or suggestions.​

• It is also recommended host use List Checker, Dota Client, or any type of third party Lan program for better response time.

Screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]

Keywords:
sniper, fps, shoot, first person shooter, first, person, shooter, warcraft, 3, wc3, scope, gun, shooting
Contents

Sharpshooter Online v1.20b (Map)

Reviews
22:51, 25th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: After I had played this map it left me in shock. I was amazed by its brilliance. This is a basic FPS conversion into a warcraft map. The games command are a bit slow and that remains a problem, however it...
  1. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll test it now, is there strafe movement ? If not, implent that ?

EDIT: quite nice, but can you set up like when i want to look to one side that i dont have to spam button... just hold, if you are still making this map. And maybe to being able to choose keyboad or mouse control.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Best FPS ever! 5/5 and +rep :grin:

3. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm vieo on tube is ok, put more weapons and put 1st 3rd person mode, so we can change if when we want to. Anyway looks like really good game. Like some kind of olf FPS :) .

4. morguhl

morguhl

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    when comes the next version ?

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I talked with him in Zombie Panic! Source about three days ago and asked if he had been working on it lately. He said no.

Don't think we can expect a new version. :\

6. morguhl

morguhl

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh thats bad

7. PwnedByVoodoo

PwnedByVoodoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best Wc3 Map in the World XD, can u help me whit my FPS i can't get a gun infront !! Plz help me that helps me alotXD

8. kimpakim7

kimpakim7

Resources:
    Resources:
    1 word, awesome

9. brusz

brusz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    great map O_O

never expected a FPS mod for wc3

10. mr.tino 12

mr.tino 12

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good:aa::aa::aa::aa::aa::aa:.How About singlepleyer version.I vud give you 5\5 but I am a new member.

Sory About gramar(I am from Croatia).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  11. kein_name

kein_name

Resources:
    Resources:
    the map is just 2 big i rly dont want to host a game for 5 mins and it takes 1 hour to get it full.... u could remove the mapcover or anything its just waste of space or just compress the sizes of the skins n so on.... anyway greatest map ever XD

12. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks good from pics gunna try now!

EDIT: Tested and it was pretty good. The places where you put the pathing blockers made me feel there was an invisible force working against me which was pretty bad =( . Also the delay with movement and aiming wasn't so bad =) . Overall i give this a 3/5.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  13. coolcool246

coolcool246

Resources:
    Resources:
    *gasp* *stands in ausomeness veiw*

THAT WAS AUSOME!!!! wow it was ausome like a real fps game like counter strike.....u have to make more maybie with ai or like coop when u have a mission and have to assinate,u know like hitman and that type of stuff.....still it was sooo much fun i couldnt get anoth of it 999999999999999999999/10
    :thumbs_up: :cute::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::wthumbsup::wthumbsup::alol::alol::cgrin:

14. crueltyinc

crueltyinc

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know this is a year or so later, but this is an awesome map. I didn't think you could make a viable FPS with WC3 but, well, here it is.

15. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    i wish tricky could make more shooter maps...the maps he make are usually the first of it's kind in wc3

16. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude Where did you get the weapons?

17. lbebusiness

lbebusiness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reviving the dead. Starcraft II style...

This may not be of much use to anyone, but I've taken my efforts over to starcraft II due to the mouse, keyboard support and many other things.. The only trade off currently is the lag.
    Old: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/118401-Modern-Sniper-Wars
    New: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/shooter-global-war/

I plan on making the dynamics of this map comparable to the original. Thank you. I will post in the ST2 Section when map is ready for testing.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  18. rukas90

rukas90

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice!!! But i dont understand how did you make this. Please upload a tutorial in youtube. 10/10

19. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    woah..this is something like ghost recon or battlefield2!!!

20. Dogzo

Dogzo

Resources:
    Resources:
    man, its a 5/5, but the pushing down weapon W
    A D
    S
    is soo hard, if it was automatic, this would recieve 5/5 rep+ and a congratulations!