• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Server issues {server hiccuping ?? and 500 - Internal Server Error}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! the pictures! they be gone!

strange things are happening on the hive.. or my computer..

some times, i get a 404 forbidden error, other times things like these 2 pictures happen.

most of the time there's at least one picture on the page that doesn't load. like even while i'm making this post i'm getting "insert link" as a "missing picture" icon.

Attachments

• Psychadellic.jpg
    Psychadellic.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Imgavatar.jpg
    Imgavatar.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 120
Level 15
dont know if anyone got it but i had prob getting into the forum and yeah ralle if u have the time plz put in the timer for back-up into the chat
Don't worry about this. I rebooted the server after making some optimizations, and that's why your connection timed out.

Level 2
i don't know why but the images on HW do not display on my browser. wherever there is a picture or button on the site it shows me a red "X" and i can right click it and choose "show picture" it's verry annoying. i don't have this problem on other sites only here. i've tried with both internet explorer and firefox and i get the same result.

p.s. im using the latest version of IE.

any help ?
show-image.php

{EDIT}
same problem here... only that i dont see any of the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
for me everything works fine
firefox 3.x
google chrome portable
internet explorer
opera portable
windows 7 x64
java + flash installed
and I don't get the bug any longer when the last picture of some section was shifted down by it's own height
was looking somehow like this:
[pic]
[pic]
[pic]
[ ]
pic

but it's gone now :D
and I also didn't get any 404 errors or "not available right now" or stuff like that

Level 8
and another 500 internal sever error happens again ...
and again today ...
AND again !!!!
and again =.='''

Attachments

• internal server error(3).JPG
    internal server error(3).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 87
  • internal server error(4).JPG
    internal server error(4).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 85
  • internal server error(5).JPG
    internal server error(5).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 91
  • internal server error(6).JPG
    internal server error(6).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 15
It could be a variety of issues.

It could be caused because a cgi script caused the server to fail or output an error message before it started producing valid HTML, or an incorrect path to a cgi/perl script.

It could also be caused by a problem with an .htaccess file, which can be remedied by renaming the .htaccess file, but this may cause problems, as there could be certain directives within the .htaccess file that are necessary for the website to run properly.

Or, as stated already, it could be the result of a DoS or DDoS attack on the hive.

Level 6
These errors will keep happening until the server get fixed or moved.
Yes, it's annoying, but I'm sure it's more annoying to people like Ghan getting all these complaints, so stop posting about it. (I repeat) It will keep happening until the server get fixed or moved, at which time, I'm going to assume Ralle, or Ghan, will make an announcement. (hopefully)

Level 30
cos pict makes it moar easier to pass the msg across
and yeah u said it will get better but if u see in front it sort of got worse ...

Well maybe it would get better if you would stop posting all those bullshit screenshots which, no doubt, make the server lag too. So please stop spamming your goddamn nonsense screenshots, you egocentric attentionwhore and for fuck sake, stop crying. We are all aware of the problem so stop whining about it.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I get the feeling I sometimes cause it. I log on, and I start doing stuff, but if I do actions on posts, the website begins chocking. It takes forever to load, and the chat «dies» (supposedly 500 internal error) shortly thereafter. After the error, when the chat comes back, it seems to be get faster.

Level 22
I get the feeling I sometimes cause it. I log on, and I start doing stuff, but if I do actions on posts, the website begins chocking. It takes forever to load, and the chat «dies» (supposedly 500 internal error) shortly thereafter. After the error, when the chat comes back, it seems to be get faster.

There is the source of the problem. Get her! :p

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think I just caused the bug to happen. I'm going to repeat the experience and inform Ralle afterwards.

I must say that this IS getting a little annoying... in terms of speed, the Hive is getting closer to wc3search. I can't say what's more annoying: the errors or the slowness. But I am sure that, if it stays like this, we will start losing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.