• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Server issues {server hiccuping ?? and 500 - Internal Server Error}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i was trying to go into the forums when the site displayed to me this
The server is currently hicupping. Please give it time to finish up.

If you ever want to communicate with us in downtimes we are @hiveworkshop on twitter.

anyone got this before or am i the only one ??

Level 8
eh ? ur is HTTP 500 mine is this... (its take just now check the time below if u dont believe)

BTW Pharaoh_ any ideal why it hiccups ??

Attachments

• server hiccup....JPG
    server hiccup....JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 230

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Every once in a while, the server gets a little too much to drink. Nothing to be worried about, at least until the server starts frequenting the hospital for pumping.

Level 8
Its kinda like an error but not a fatal one... Its one of those errors that sort themselves out like hiccups

hmm i wonder if letting the sever drink some water will it help ....

I noticed something...some guys are DoSing the Hive.

That means they are sending multiple IP commands so that the server is too busy...i got that one just yesterday night, and i noticed that the number of guests were really big..

Maybe Ralle can trace them and ban their IP?

i got the same hicupping msg yesterday too might be at the same time...

Every once in a while, the server gets a little too much to drink. Nothing to be worried about, at least until the server starts frequenting the hospital for pumping.

hmm shiik i think the sever has just gone to the hospital 3 times in a row.... lookie here (using IE this time)

Attachments

• server hiccup(2).JPG
    server hiccup(2).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Level 8
i didnt know whether it hicup again yesterday cos i had some font size prob in firefox and i went offline early and well didnt know if it did hicup or not yesterday ??

IT STRIKES AGAIN !!!!

Attachments

• server hiccup(3).JPG
    server hiccup(3).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
The thing is, I was writing a huge column of text and when I tried to post it, I received this damn hiccup. Ralle, can we have the same feature, as we do in back up's, where it temporarily saves the text you were about to post or is it something you can't control, due to its unknown nature?

If you're using firefox, doesn't it save what was in the text box?

I am using Google Chrome. :/
After the feedback I look around for Firefox, I don't wanna try it. Plus, Google Chrome might have some connection flaws from time to time, but it definitely is my best solution (that windowed mode that stores my most visited locations is saving my time).
So, that is a reason why Ralle obviously featured the back-up-saving-text thing, because not all of us use Firefox, right?

So, that is a reason why Ralle obviously featured the back-up-saving-text thing, because not all of us use Firefox, right?

No, it's because it's impossible for the server to predict when the next hiccup is going to come. It can only tell you it's hiccuping when it's hiccuping but other than that it can't do much.

Plus it would be pretty... not worth it in the long run.

Level 49
Crimson-Guard, the hiccups are not an error\bug\whatever. They're just like server downtimes. You can't just "fix" them unless you get a new server, or configure your server better. So... Don't just expect them to suddenly 'disappear' or whatever, and instead "CTRL+C" your posts before posting.

At least I think that's what they are.

Level 22
Sorry for necro'ing, but those "Server is too busy" messages have returned and the chat fucked up today.

133609-albums2185-picture29751.png

Shados joined twice and we have been disconnected several times (more than you can see on that picture).

Status
Not open for further replies.