• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

about a gaming server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I am Marshall, administrator of Eurobattle.net

Firstly i would like to answere to Lich_King2 about
I agree with him.Eurobattle.net is pvpgn which is reversed enginering and GG isnt.Its private server and violates rules,plus it illegal.The first general thing is needed to help Blizzard get rid of this kind of violators.Second it presents warez it self buy not using cd-keys which will get users to buy pirated games with crack.Servers like this and BlueServer and bigger should be punished so they never get idea anymore to emulate service.

Can I host a Battle.net® server?

No. Blizzard Entertainment® is not accepting requests to host Battle.net® servers at this time. Should this policy change in the future, we will make the necessary information available on our web site.

Does Blizzard Entertainment® allow or support other Battle.net® like or emulation servers? Can I host one of these rogue servers?

No. Except as set forth in the next paragraph, Blizzard Entertainment® does not support or condone network play of its games anywhere but Battle.net®. Specifically, you may not host or provide matchmaking services for any of our games or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment® in the network feature of its games, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the game(s), use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks without the prior written consent of Blizzard Entertainment®.

Why is Blizzard trying to shut down servers that emulate Battle.net?

Servers that emulate Battle.net facilitate software piracy of Blizzard products by circumventing Blizzard's authentication code. Blizzard products are intellectual property, and we are well within our legal rights to protect our products from software piracy.

First of all you are a little bit confused about what PvPGN is.
I will explain. PvPGN is an open source project. That means it can be edited and used by anybody. Second of all, PvPGN is created from scratch and it is totally different from Battle.net. It uses Peer to Peer connection. PVPGN DOES NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO NOT BUY THE GAME!. I play the game on PvPGN having ORIGINAL CD KEYS! Loaders DO NOT CONTAIN ANY CD-EMULATORS/CRACKS. Everything IS LEGAL!

We received a couple of mails from Blizzard about cdkey generators and no cd cracks but uploaded by USERS ! If you had time to read our rulebook, IT IS FORBIDDEN TO HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON OUR FORUMS!

Blizzard never asked us to shut down the server, as soon as the server is LEGAL!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I look forward to removing you from our affiliates.

Sincerely,

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.