• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

eurobattle.net affialte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there! I want to ask u y is eurobattle.net for affialte cus in ur rules it says this: The Hive Workshop does not support and will not condone the use of private servers for Warcraft game play. The advertisement, discussion or promotion of private game servers is prohibited at THW. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to World of Warcraft®. Threads or signature files including such content will be closed or deleted without notice. Violators will be punished.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
This is more for Admin Contact, and has already been answered on several occasions. I'll copy pasta the answer I got so that admins don't have to waste time writing it again.

Samuraid said:
In addition to GG game, we are also affiliated with Eurobattle.net, so the rules have been bent slightly at the behest of Ralle. You may talk about GG game and Eurobattle, but please don't talk about any alternate forms of battle.net emulation or private servers.

Hope this helps.

Level 5
I agree with him.Eurobattle.net is pvpgn which is reversed enginering and GG isnt.Its private server and violates rules,plus it illegal.The first general thing is needed to help Blizzard get rid of this kind of violators.Second it presents warez it self buy not using cd-keys which will get users to buy pirated games with crack.Servers like this and BlueServer and bigger should be punished so they never get idea anymore to emulate service.

Can I host a Battle.net® server?

No. Blizzard Entertainment® is not accepting requests to host Battle.net® servers at this time. Should this policy change in the future, we will make the necessary information available on our web site.

Does Blizzard Entertainment® allow or support other Battle.net® like or emulation servers? Can I host one of these rogue servers?

No. Except as set forth in the next paragraph, Blizzard Entertainment® does not support or condone network play of its games anywhere but Battle.net®. Specifically, you may not host or provide matchmaking services for any of our games or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment® in the network feature of its games, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the game(s), use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks without the prior written consent of Blizzard Entertainment®.

Why is Blizzard trying to shut down servers that emulate Battle.net?

Servers that emulate Battle.net facilitate software piracy of Blizzard products by circumventing Blizzard's authentication code. Blizzard products are intellectual property, and we are well within our legal rights to protect our products from software piracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Yes but there is difference.GG as far as i know didnt got sued by Blizzard.But Bnetd did.And PvPGN is succesor of bnetd just a with a bit more options.

At issue in this case was whether three software programmers who created the BnetD game server -- which interoperates with Blizzard video games online -- were in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and Blizzard Games' end user license agreement (EULA).

BnetD was an open source program that let gamers play popular Blizzard titles like Warcraft with other gamers on servers that don't belong to Blizzard's Battle.net service. Blizzard argued that the programmers who wrote BnetD violated the DMCA's anti-circumvention provisions and that the programmers also violated several parts of Blizzard's EULA, including a section on reverse engineering.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the firm of Day Casebeer Madrid & Batchelder served as counsel for defendants, arguing that programmers should be allowed to create free software designed to work with commercial products because it benefited consumers and helped promote innovation. The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals disagreed, holding that reverse engineering and emulating the Blizzard software were illegal.

Outcome: The reverse engineering and emulating of the Blizzard software violated the anticircumvention provisions of the DMCA. This ruling has been widely criticized as making it impossible to create new programs that interoperate with older ones and squeezing consumer choice out of the marketplace by essentially allowing companies to outlaw competitors' products that interact with their own.

Also i found this posted by Wolverabid:
According to License.txt:
Quote:
you are not entitled to:

(v) create or maintain, under any circumstance, more than one simultaneous connection to Battle.net or other hosting services authorized by Blizzard Entertainment. All such connections to Battle.net or other hosting services authorized by Blizzard Entertainment, whether created by the Program or by other tools and utilities, may only be made through methods and means expressly approved by Blizzard

Under no circumstances may you connect, or create tools that allow you to connect to Battle.net's private binary interface or interfaces other than those explicitly provided by Blizzard Entertainment for public use.
Community > FAQ > THW Rules > Software Piracy

Level 5
Well all this is violation and needs to be punished.I agree that pvpgn should be used in LAN network when connection to Battle.net is not avalible

Status
Not open for further replies.