• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sen'Jin Re-Reforged

SEN'JIN RE-REFORGED

Custom Sen'Jin model. Since Reforged was lacking Sen'Jin, but has a Vol'Jin model, I decided to edit the original Vol'Jin model and textures to create Sen'Jin.

The model was developed for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. I think the model is quite unique and has a lot of charisma, and I thought many could benefit from it. You are free to use it, but you are required to give credits to me for it (and it is very welcome if you link my project along with the credits).

The model is fully functional, both for gamplay and cinematic wise, and it is compatible with Vol'Jin and Witch Doctor facial animations.
I also added a custom walking animations to be used in cinematics.
The model and animation edits are done using Reteras Model Studio.

INSTALLATION
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path:
    SenJin.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path:
    SenJin_Portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths:
    SenJin_Main_Diffuse.dds
    SenJin_Main_Emissive.tif
    SenJin_Hair_Diffuse.dds
  • Enjoy!

NOTE

The walk animation could have some small glitches. Feel free to point them to me so I can fix them. It's very hard and time consuming to make animations in Reforged with Reteras, and I hope you appreciate the effort.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Moonman for it's help in making the model
Previews
Contents

Sen'Jin Re-Reforged (Model)

Sen'Jin Re-Reforged Icon (Icon)

Sen'Jin Re-Reforged Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
The model works as intended, sorry for the delay. Great job!
The model is great, it's obviously useful and works ingame.

The emissive should be reduced to a 50% of its original filesize, though. It actually weighs 5Mb, and when it's 50% smaller it weighs only 1Mb. The end result is not noticeably different, either.

You should also remove the not visible parts of the portrait to reduce the model filesize by a bit.

The model is great, it's obviously useful and works ingame.

The emissive should be reduced to a 50% of its original filesize, though. It actually weighs 5Mb, and when it's 50% smaller it weighs only 1Mb. The end result is not noticeably different, either.

You should also remove the not visible parts of the portrait to reduce the model filesize by a bit.

Thank you, I will make the adjustments within the next week :)

Last edited:
Level 8
It seems that someone is carried away by the troll theme. Good job. How about making even more interesting Troll units? For example Berserker Gurubashi?

@Mr Ogre man I'm asking you to review this please, it's still pending but I've fixed what you require months ago.
Sorry man, I've been afk for months as well. I believe I'll be finally free on the 18th of June (I had a full time job + thesis work). I'll try to review these models today, though.